Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment)

I'd have thought players prepared to go to the trouble of getting ACE2 but who aren't sufficiently hardcore fans of the series to get both A2 and OA would be a rather small minority.

I kinda knew this would happen.

Give it a few days after OA release and mod makers begin to forget about vanilla A2, its sad.

I'd expect the majority have both A2 and OA. You can probably find out, put a vote up.

I can't imagine going back to Arma2 and ACE now only to play a mission on Chernarus.

How about ACE supporting both or either, then having ACEX_A2 and ACEX_OA ? That would mean reducing ACE to the core stuff only and move addons out of it to ACEX* (if possible).

Edited by Robalo_AS
clarification

Its still pretty harsh on those who dont want/cant get OA.

I second that idea of a seperate ACE_A2 and ACE_OA.

Maybe work on OA only until it is stable and then even the time out betwen?

It makes sense... OA provides a lot of nice features/units in game, and provides engine improvements that will lend themselves to interesting modding possibilities (e.g. the thermal/night sights for guns). So it cuts down on the workload for the ACE team in certain areas while providing for all sorts of cool stuff in the others. Hell, in the OFP days, the vanilla version pretty much died out after Resistance came out, and it didn't have anywhere near as much new stuff as OA did...

This may not be exactly the right thread, but does anyone know if the ACE island pack was ported to ArmA2?

S^&$w 'em. If they don't want to get OA, well, life goes on.

I can see why SB left now. Just easier not to deal with this stuff. Smart move.

Hell, in the OFP days, the vanilla version pretty much died out after Resistance came out, and it didn't have anywhere near as much new stuff as OA did...

But Resistance was not Stand-Alone.

For a few dollars/euros more they could have bought Combined Ops. It's a great deal and smart investment. There's really no reason to own OA standalone. Go ahead and flame me, but it's true. Anyone without both is missing out big time.

Perhaps, but IMO running them both (ie combined ops) opens up a can of worms in terms of map editing and mod support, unless EVERYONE have it. I have both Arma2 and OA, but I have chosen NOT to combine them.

Perhaps, but IMO running them both (ie combined ops) opens up a can of worms in terms of map editing and mod support, unless EVERYONE have it. I have both Arma2 and OA, but I have chosen NOT to combine them.

why? are you mad? the game runs fine together

I'm sure 90% of everyone on these forums owns both A2 and OA and have them combined. No point in releasing a stand alone OA version for the 10% who don't own OA or haven't combined them.

What about a poll to see how many people would use ACE2 with only A2, OA or Combined?

Just to get a ideia.

I'd be gutted if ACE abandoned A2. We never faced this problem in OFP nor A1, despite the release of several expansion packs.

However I'm also aware that developing 2 builds in parallel sounds like a recipe for headaches. So I'm all for modularising.

poll? all OA needs is ACE sounds and where good to go. OA already has 80% of the content that ACE has

I started to work on sounds for OA weapons and stuff. Should be ready in a week.

Yeah that's what is really starting to scare me. If ACE becomes OA only then I predict a lot of people rage-quitting. The greatest thing about OA is how it's supposed to combine with A2. Ditching A2 completely would not be a good choice at all, and would have serious repercussions. :plain:

How? OA and A2 intergrate well together so if ACE works fine on OA, it will work great on A2.

Stop panicking, OA is a new improved game. Its the right decision IMHO to focus on OA first.

Is ACE still being uopdated for A1? i bet it aint and why? because a newer game came out ie A2 and its only logical to work on the latest and greatest.

Good call from ACE. well done. Gte OA up and running with your mod and where good to go.

i would expect ACE to ditch all A2/OA/any other A2 expansions when A3 comes out.

But Resistance was not Stand-Alone.

Bare in mind that when you combine the two, you basically get OA with ArmA 2 loaded as a mod. So an OA ACE would cover owers of OA, and people who own both OA and the original.

I'd be gutted if ACE abandoned A2. We never faced this problem in OFP nor A1, despite the release of several expansion packs.

I'm almost certain that WGL never ran on vanilla OFP.

Edited by echo1

i like OA but i think OA + ACE is better waiting friday to see you're beta ACE OA =) and we support all the great ace team hooah !

My one real request for ACE with OA is that they use BIS control scheme for switching between optics. In ACE, having to hold shift while pressing other keys is much clunkier than the single key-press Bis have gone for. The single key press also has the advantage that it can be remapped to an extra mouse button, which is much less immersion-breaking.

As a lesser request, somebody's going to want to split the controls for 'flash-light' and 'PEQ laser' so that weapons can have both. Could be ACE team as well as anybody else that achieves this.

Edited by Richey79

The best way would to leave ArmA 2 as it is and get to work on OA, as ArmA 2 becomes a mod when mixed with OA, and it doesn't conflict with it in any way

Edited by Nickos

Bare in mind that when you combine the two, you basically get OA with ArmA 2 loaded as a mod. So an OA ACE would cover owers of OA, and people who own both OA and the original.

I hope so.

Well, we have to wait for ACE Devs word on this, aswell BIS to see what (IF) they will do with the A2 content in OA.

Am not opening a new thread for it...

ACE 1.3.0 stable release is now online(Previously ACE 1.3 RC1)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_3

It's our goodbye to ArmA 2.

See you soon in OA!

Xeno

SixUpdater registers no update. What am I doing wrong?