Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Just checked EB games AUS, JB Hifi AUS and Gametraders AUS and none of them have anyinfo on arrowhead..... I mean come one BI even have a Studio here in Australia??

I think i will buy a DL from Sprocket, and then when the local shop gets it, i will buy a DVD version from them as a back-up...

I think i will buy a DL from Sprocket, and then when the local shop gets it, i will buy a DVD version from them as a back-up...

Huh? Lol, why buy 2 copies? Buy only one from Sprocket and downloaded files - burn into blank DVD ;)

Sprocket allow PayPal, don't they? For non-physical, anyway.

Yes, they do. That's how I paid for it day before yesterday.

ay hammer, i was contemplating ur method but need some enlightenment. ive never dlded a game before, so whats the go with the cd keys n stuff? the general picture i had was that u can only use em once... or is that just steam? its very important coz bout every 6 moths i will do a fresh install of windows. or will it just be the same as a hard copy?

cheers

Huh? Lol, why buy 2 copies? Buy only one from Sprocket and downloaded files - burn into blank DVD ;)

I'll do the same, already pre-ordered a copy from sprocket and when i find a proper place to get DVD version i'll buy that aswell :)

Edited by JW Custom

Is PLAY the cheapest place in the UK to buy so far?

Is PLAY the cheapest place in the UK to buy so far?

Yea and be prepared for your copy of the game to not arrive on the dya of release.

They are know for that. They normaly send out the copy of the game ON RELEASE day using standard Royal mail delivery which is between 3-5 working days.

Do any of the digital providers simply provide a serial number + ISO you can mount or burn?

I'm not a fan of steam-like software that is required to install or launch the game.

On both Amazon uk and play.com it says delivery takes 3 to 5 working days... << does this mean you get it a week after release?

looks like i'll have to order mine from one of the two since it seems no shops here have even heard of this game coming out.

what's sprockets activation restrictions and limits to reinstalls? i was a bit irked at the restrictions when i bought arma2 online. how good is sprocket with this?

what's sprockets activation restrictions and limits to reinstalls? i was a bit irked at the restrictions when i bought arma2 online. how good is sprocket with this?

It is pretty relaxed. It was 5 activations during each 6 months, I believe.

Also, note that we always release DRM free executables for our games in patch no later than few months after the release which makes this probably non-issue.

On both Amazon uk and play.com it says delivery takes 3 to 5 working days... << does this mean you get it a week after release?

looks like i'll have to order mine from one of the two since it seems no shops here have even heard of this game coming out.

My experience of Amazon is that they're quite good at sending stuff so that it arrives on the release day.

They make no promises, though.

The main problem is not where/how to buy Arma2: OA but where/how to buy a PC that is able to run it decently ;)

Therefore my question is: What are the ideal components for an "Arma2(OA)-PC"?

The main problem is not where/how to buy Arma2: OA but where/how to buy a PC that is able to run it decently ;)

Therefore my question is: What are the ideal components for an "Arma2(OA)-PC"?

easy

-->:

Core i5

6gb ram

Windows 7

< --Done

Just ordered mine from Amazon.co,uk! i paid the extra 7 quid like a mug just so that it would arrive on the 29th... what's the odds that it arrives on the following Monday! just my luck. :(

Edited by Cossack8559

Not a single shop in the Netherlands yet?

Not that I know off yet. I asked bol.com a few days ago, and they said it might be possible they will sell it in the future.

Whenever I find a Dutch shop selling OA, I will post here. :)