Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Hi All

If Idea want to publish in the UK they need to let the retailers know they are selling the product.

Kind Regards walker

+1 Short and sweet, it's like someone has completely forgotten something very important :p

Can't believe we're three weeks away from release and we still don't know where to get this game if we're in the UK

If Idea want to publish in the UK they need to let the retailers know they are selling the product.

wow are you serious! Amazing!

wow are you serious! Amazing!
Yes he is stating the blatantly obvious but he has a point.

Apparently Captain Obvious isn´t employed at IDEA´s :p

Also waiting for OA to pop up in amazon.co.uk,

no way i´m gonna buy a german or download version.

even if BIS is self publishing the june 29th deadline looming on the horizon... Game, Amazon and Play where I usually buy from have no sight or sound of operation arrowhead....and like many others I like to have a hard copy of the things I buy so downloading is a no go. You would think that BIS would know who is publishing their game worldwide this close to the release date

Fully agree.

I hope they can solve this problem in time. If I've to wait, I'll wait. I'm not buying the digital because I can play it earlier and then buy the retail because I like to have the hard copies. If Sprocket would sell the hard copy, even if it was a little more expansive, I'd consider to buy it from them.

Edited by Von_Paulus

I find it odd that there has been no official word yet... if you go on to youtube and check some of the arma2 videos there are SO MANY comments of people saying they have never heard of arma2 and it looks amazing..

BIS would sell alot more if they started advertising this properly.

so this game (OA) comes out this month? and i have rang all of the "game" shops in my city and not one had a clue what game i was talking about!

i really hope they sort something out sharpish i do not wish to buy a digital version.

I'm in the USA and at least OA is being advertised at Game Stop.http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77891&loc=pcslider1

I had Arma 2 preordered there and they cancelled preorders the day of release and were telling people that it was download only. Had to search and found at Best Buy a few days later, in back room still in shipping box with a sales clerk who knew nothing about games except for when COD was coming out;).

BIS, put the game on Steam, please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'd say as long as they know what they're doing, all is fine, right? And I don't see a problem, when people don't know where to buy three weeks before the release, it is enough when they know as soon as it is there.

Also, did you check walker's links?

http://www.meridian4.com/games/arma2/index.html

Well as long as GAME, HMV etc etc all have this game in stock at release then im not too bothered but if they dont due to not having a proper publisher then there is a problem.

TBH there is a problem now as you cant pre order this game here in the UK

All I need to know is if buying arrowhead not from steam would still allow compatibility with my steam copy of arma 2.

to be honest, as shit as flashpoint 2 was, BI could learn a thing or two about distribution.

I personally think cm would a good job of hyping and selling the game, however I'm not maruk and i'm sure he knows better that I do...

BIS, put the game on Steam, please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes please

Yeah I hope that will never happen. Can you immagine. No Mod tools no support and DLC's for payment. That would destroy our community the same way their community has been destroyed.:eek:

@cm.

What can they learn? How to fool people into buying a shitty product? And it's not about distribution but marketing. In case you have a budget the same as the big players have than you will sell millions of copies, otherwise you sell on a niche market as they do since they split from CM.

Edited by nettrucker
added content

All I need to know is if buying arrowhead not from steam would still allow compatibility with my steam copy of arma 2.

You know that OA is standalone?

If he doesnt Raedor, Then i guess we can ask where the hell has he been, but i think he means, Is a steam copy of OA compatible with a boxed version of ArmA2?

Maybe he means will his arma2 content show up in the OA editor since they merge?

to be honest, as shit as flashpoint 2 was, BI could learn a thing or two about distribution.

So you want BIS to start lying their pants off and fill potential buyers with BS :p

Here ya go http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=ArmA you can get the stand alone or the combined version. This is in the US only. 6/29/10 pre order.

You should read better :p One pack has standalone OA, the other one has standalone OA + A2 (as OA alone does not contain the A2 campagin for example).

@Steam A2 + Boxed OA: Well, OA is most likely a separate installation. You probably can copy addons from A2 to OA without many problems ... or what kind of compatibility do you mean?