Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Perhaps he is talking about this possibility:

ArmA2 : Operation Arrowhead preview by Armed Assault.info: "...It is also possible to use the original ARMA 2 content combined with new OA content. Users that already have ARMA 2 installed will be offered an option to install OA into it and run it as a combined, never seen before size and experience..."

You should read better :p One pack has standalone OA, the other one has standalone OA + A2 (as OA alone does not contain the A2 campagin for example).

@Steam A2 + Boxed OA: Well, OA is most likely a separate installation. You probably can copy addons from A2 to OA without many problems ... or what kind of compatibility do you mean?

What I mean is, I own a steam copy of ArmA 2, if for whatever reason the game is not sold on steam, and I bought a boxed copy of operation arrowhead, would the boxed operation arrowhead be able to merge with my steam copy of ArmA 2?

What I mean is, I own a steam copy of ArmA 2, if for whatever reason the game is not sold on steam, and I bought a boxed copy of operation arrowhead, would the boxed operation arrowhead be able to merge with my steam copy of ArmA 2?

Yes. I doubt the file and folder structures will have changed drastically from previous BIS games and I imagine BIS have considered that knowing they have a large number of steam users.

Arrowhead will be on steam, so you should "merge" both games.

You should read better :p One pack has standalone OA, the other one has standalone OA + A2 (as OA alone does not contain the A2 campagin for example).

Thats what i said:plain: One is stand only, and one has OA+A2. In the link it says ArmA 2 OA. Also says ArmA 2 Combined Operations. In same words as iv said.

Thats what i said:plain: One is stand only, and one has OA+A2. In the link it says ArmA 2 OA. Also says ArmA 2 Combined Operations. In same words as iv said.

Sorry, then I misunderstood your post (as A2 CO being an A2 installtion topped with OA).

I wish pre-orders would go up soon on steam. I want to secure my copy asap.

I wish pre-orders would go up soon on steam. I want to secure my copy asap.

You make it sound like the game could be "sold out" on Steam if you came too late. :D

But still, just three weeks to release and visibility of OA really is still surprisingly low. No pre-order on Steam, no infos at Sprocket IDEA and so far still zero availability in the UK.

I for one am still wondering how best to get an english version of the game here in Germany. :(

Well, not as much thinking that it would be sold out as much as I have just been very anxious to get it.

Thanks so much for the update!

Funny how the American flag appears on all of them :D

From Sprocket site:

"Digital Download:

Sprocket -

Steam - "

For those hoping for a Steam release. Pre-order is so far only available from Sprocket.

Hmmm. Preload is available on Sprocket, and I don't care about having the physical disks... . Sprocket's looking like a good choice.

I hope that Sprocket got ENG only version or multi - i dont want german version anymore :D

My preorder SKU code :D: SPROCKET2ARMA2OAENG01

I'm guessing that's the English version (they probably based the decision on my IP address or credit card).

Thanks Maruk! :) But still no sign of OPA on amazon.co.uk and amazon.de (uk import) :(

FYI:

German version of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead will enable both German and English subtitles.

Finally! :yay:

Not that it will affect me as such, but I'm sure happy to hear that restriction lifted, along with a hell of a lot of other people. :p

Well, all that is looking weird for French gamers for there are no link to Arma2 : Operation Arrowhead all the link at Fnac.com or GamesPlanet.fr are pointing to ArmA2.

Edited by Old Bear

FYI:

German version of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead will enable both German and English subtitles.

AWESOME! :D

Well, that's put my fears to rest.

... and I don't want to buy a German version with English subtitles :(

Hm, I'm not sure, but I bet he essentially meant that the German version is localized in both German and English. Can you confirm that, Maruk?

Yes, in German version of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead it is possible to switch between English and German language freely (that means entire GUI, subtitles).

Sprocket version supports English, French, Italian, Spanish and Czech languages in the game (UI, missions, etc.).

Voice over is the same for all versions, mostly English, some Persian (or Russian and Czech for the original Arma 2).

Hm, I'm not sure, but I bet he essentially meant that the German version is localized in both German and English. Can you confirm that, Maruk?
Edited by Maruk