Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Yes, in German version of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead it is possible to switch between English and German language freely.

Sprocket version supports English, French, Italian, Spanish and Czech languages in the game (UI, missions, etc.).

THX Maruk! :yay: - now give us game LOL :p

typo on arma2.com(frontpage, news headliner)

"Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Aviable For Pre-order Now"

EDIT: nvm fixed now

Edited by Jelliz

Thanks for the quick reply, Marek. I hope it puts everyone's concerns on that subject to rest.

So you mean that French player have the "choice" between :

- Buy the downloadable version from Sprocket ( with French localization)

- Buy an English box version

Could you confirm this ?

Yes, in German version of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead it is possible to switch between English and German language freely (that means entire GUI, subtitles).

Sprocket version supports English, French, Italian, Spanish and Czech languages in the game (UI, missions, etc.).

Voice over is the same for all versions, mostly English, some Persian (or Russian and Czech for the original Arma 2).

Thanks for the info now i can order :cool:

Or French players can buy French box version, e.g.

http://www.amazon.fr/Digital-Bros-ArmA-Operation-Arrowhead/dp/B003IPC1WY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1275905927&sr=8-2

(it will be the same version as Sprocket version technically , however, on DVD with printed French manual).

So you mean that French player have the "choice" between :

- Buy the downloadable version from Sprocket ( with French localization)

- Buy an English box version

Could you confirm this ?

You make it sound like the game could be "sold out" on Steam if you came too late. :D

It has happened before, they run out of CD keys to sell, it usually happens when an unpopular game gets huge demand because it is on-sale.

My preorder SKU code :D: SPROCKET2ARMA2OAENG01

I'm guessing that's the English version (they probably based the decision on my IP address or credit card).

The sprocket version is multilingual:

It includes English, French, Spanish, Italian and Czech subtitles

Thanks for this Info. I've already ordered and it only cost £25:42. Will also order hard copy when it becomes available in UK.

Do we know when its going to be listed on amazon.co.uk, GAME or Play? I went into my local GAME store and they didn't have a clue what I was on about when I mentioned Op:A lol (although they are a bit rubbish in my GAME anyway).

I always feel the need to have a physical copy...

I think it would be really helpful if some mod can add this link to the first post. :)

Updated the first post.

Stalker, Ive spoken with some 'buyer' for game, (had to ring their head office) and they told me they arent getting it. Which means that gamestation arent going to get it either as they are the same company. Is there anyone else inthe UK that would sell of the shelf? CAnt see HVM or tescos doing it :-/

So if GAME or GAMESTATION ain't stocking this game where the hell in the uk can we buy it from? i want an English boxed version not some digital download!

Stalker, Ive spoken with some 'buyer' for game, (had to ring their head office) and they told me they arent getting it. Which means that gamestation arent going to get it either as they are the same company. Is there anyone else inthe UK that would sell of the shelf? CAnt see HVM or tescos doing it :-/

Man that sucks, yeah I don't think HMV plan to, same for tescos... dunno if it will get as desperate as having a look in Argos lol! What about amazon and PLAY? I know its not off the shelf but have they said if they will stock it?

I guess any word from BIS would help clarify things for physical non download versions in the UK...

Thanks for answer which leads to another question - is the language switch option english/german only for OA or does it change A2 aswell?

Just thinking about a unfortunate languages mix in the editor eg:

OA units = english and A2 units = german...

Thanks for answer which leads to another question - is the language switch option english/german only for OA or does it change A2 aswell?

Just thinking about a unfortunate languages mix in the editor eg:

OA units = english and A2 units = german...

I was afraid of that too, but after thinking about it some more I'm fairly certain that can't happen. Language is determined by the settings, which are dependent on the EXE. If the arma2oa.exe allows you to select the english language, then all content will be in english.

I was afraid of that too, but after thinking about it some more I'm fairly certain that can't happen. Language is determined by the settings, which are dependent on the EXE. If the arma2oa.exe allows you to select the english language, then all content will be in english.

Not really sure.

Language is dependent on string files. If those are in the original (i think they are no matter what version one has), then it OA could easily read those.

Not really sure.

Language is dependent on string files. If those are in the original (i think they are no matter what version one has), then it OA could easily read those.

I was under the impression that all languages were present in the string tables, but the arma2.exe limited your options depending on your CD key. :confused:

if two of the biggest highstreet retailers of PC games in the UK (Game and Game Station) are not aware of OA then there has been a marketing cockup of astronomical proportions.... and again the question where can I get hold of a hard copy on the release date now only 21 days away

What about the Czech boxed version Suma?

I second this.

I'd really like to know if the Czech version will have optional English subtitles.