I love this game lol

GAU8 OHMYFUKINGGOD lol

Edited by SteveJA360
awsom

THAT WAS EPIC!!!

Plz Plz Plz send me a link to download them, did you make them?/

I love this game lol

GAU8 OHMYFUKINGGOD lol

I'm not skilled in the Arts of AttachTo and those vids weren't mine. ;) You should ask the makers for the mission file.

I cant belive how fun it was running around fireing a gau8 from my chest lol. You can level chernogosk in seconds!!

Anyone figured out a good way to be the gunner in a helicopter? When the AI pilots, and I issue move orders on the map, it tends to fly into trees and crash ...

On helicopter missions I have to be the pilot and designate targets for the gunner.

In short, I want to blow s*** up, not just watch as s*** gets blown up

Edited by andromedagalaxe

Anyone figured out a good way to be the gunner in a helicopter? When the AI pilots, and I issue move orders on the map, it tends to fly into trees and crash ...

On helicopter missions I have to be the pilot and designate targets for the gunner.

In short, I want to blow s*** up, not just watch as s*** gets blown up

Avoid hilly and forested areas. Or you could make the pilot playable too so if it seems like you are about to crash you can Team Switch and take control yourself.

I'm not new to Arma, but do addon server keys go in the Arma 2>Keys folder, or inside the modfolder itself?

Just got the game a few days ago. Complicated but I will deal

I have a few idiotic questions:

If I get in a vehicle in the passenger side, how the heck do I take over the driver seat? The control options under Vehicle list nothing about swapping spots

How do I heal myself in a normal single player game if I am hit?

If I get in a vehicle in the passenger side, how the heck do I take over the driver seat? The control options under Vehicle list nothing about swapping spots

It depends on the vehicle, if you can swap the seats inside. In most vehicle you have to get out and get in at the drivers door (as in reallife... or try to swap seat from rear to driver in a normal car... its difficulty^^)

How do I heal myself in a normal single player game if I am hit?

There are basicly two ways to heal yourself:

1) Find medic and use the action menu "Heal at medic". If you have a medic in your team, you can order him to heal you. If you are not the squadleader, the leader will order you or the medic to heal you.

2) Find medic tent or a medic vehicle (medic vodnik, medic m113) and use the action "Heal at ... "

Some vehicles require you to get out and enter on the driver's side (use the middle mouse button to select "Get in vehicle Driver")

In order to heal yourself, you'll require a medic (Corpsman for USMC) if you're in an AI lead squad the squad leader should send you one by default, depending on the situation.

Alternatively, seek out a medical tent and use the middle mouse button to select "heal".

Also you can heal using medical vehicles, but they're rather rare.

press 5,4 (or do so from the main mouse wheel menu) to call out "injured" to let corpsman know you need help if there is one in your squad. If you have non-lethal arm or leg wounds that are affecting your character the medic can also help these.

If you are playing the campaign, the guy with the do-rag (if you know what that is) is your medic. put your cursor on him, or press F(his number) to select him. You can also order him to heal others.

If you are playing in the editor, make sure you place medic modules and synch them to your entire team. Some mission creaters have been nice enough to install a healing system that lets you bandage yourself for non-incapacitating wounds.

PS - the corpsman won't immediately heal you if he feels threatened by enemy fire (good reason to leave him in a safe place if you can spare the firepower). If you are his leader, you can order him to SAFE and STAND UP modes to get him to heal you quicker - just make sure it really is safe) Those options are in the 7 menu.

As for vehciles, it depends what you are playing, but some are locked, some allow you only to enter as passenger, and some are empty. Press your mouse wheel when inside a vehicle to swap locations. Say you are driving a technical. You cant swap positions with the gunner because you couldn't physically do that in real life. you have to get out.

Again if you are SL, if you order your team into a vehicle, someone will ususally get in as driver. If you want to drive, you have to order that person out, get is as driver, then order the person back in. Once you have done that, they will usually let you be the driver after that.

Also ... you are about to get a warning from a mod (I can sense these things) that your thread title is not descriptive enough. You should edit it to say what this thread is about lest it be locked :)

Edited by andromedagalaxe

This may have been covered but there's about 4 threads this could possible be in and search isnt so great for the specifics ...

Has the fog issue that has plagued Arma/Arma2 (the glowing very old basic sheet of white) been fixed in OA at all? Do we get volumetric based fog gradually showing and fading in distant objects, or is it still just like A2 (basically old and wrong and needs to be fixed)?

Really simple question but one that keeps annoying me: is it possible to separate a squad? To explain better, if for example I played a six player co-op mission with one friend, could I order two of the remaining four AI soldiers to follow him, while the others follow me so I can have two units of three moving independently, both led by players?

How do you turn off the crosshairs for air craft? I know you can do it for the units but, it does not turn off the air crafts big green crosshairs.

Really simple question but one that keeps annoying me: is it possible to separate a squad? To explain better, if for example I played a six player co-op mission with one friend, could I order two of the remaining four AI soldiers to follow him, while the others follow me so I can have two units of three moving independently, both led by players?

No. Unless such feature is specially scripted into the mission.

Will there ever be proper thermal textures for the vanilla A2 vehicles? Or is that up to modders?

to some extent it is, if you use the team command(s).

Hello, i got OA and enjoy it very much. I am new but this may be the wrong place to ask the question. Keep in mind this is my first ARMA game so have mercy.

Now for the question, I was making a warfare map on Takistan. I noticed that there is no way to set a enemey. (I made this warfare map via editor) When ever i set me the player to the major side either Takistan Army or USMC i have to fight Guerllias. I also have a complety random spawn and can only have a max of four teams. I was wondering if there is a way i can set it up so i can decide who gets what city. When i am guerllias even if i set them to friendly OPFOR i have to fight OPFOR and they control the entire map.

So this is what i am basicly asking, Is there anyway i can set up where my HQ and intial teams spawn, Is there any way i can set up what side control what city. Is there any way to have more than just 4 teams? If i make more the AI does not buy and does not spawn with HQ they will spawn where i put them on the map and which is often miles away.

I hope to enjoy this game in the time to come, this is my only pressing issue it may be extremly noob or not i have no idea. I hope this is the right place to put it...

to some extent it is, if you use the team command(s).

Really? How exactly? I've been finding it occurs sometimes in OA co-op (generated/mission editor), without me ordering anything!! :)

well, you do have the buddy system, that ofthen makes you end up with a partner.

To use the teams command, you select the guys you want first ( like 4-5-6 ) and assign them to a team ( command menu, teams, assign team : like red )

then you are divided into 2 smaller groups of 3, though the team is still led by the team leader, if the other human player is playing as nr 4 ( and got rank on the ai :p ) he will have the other 2 (5&6) trying to keep up with him when he moves around

thats why i said to some extent ;) it's possible, but a bit of an hassle.

As Noraf says, it is possible to do what you want by assigning the squad members to different colour coded fire teams.

I must admit, I didn't use the search function for this.

Can I in the single player mission editor (for either ARMA 2 or ARMA 2 OA) use the Operation Arrowhead maps for the quick missions like "Defend this location", or "Kill/Destroy the target"?

So far in ARMA 2: OA, I can only see the "Basic" or "Combat" mission templates available :S

Hello, brand new to the Arma series although I did play a bit of operation flashpoint many many years ago but didn't really have the PC for it at the time so its safe to say I am pretty much a complete noob in terms of this type of game.

I did spend ages on Battlefield 1942 and mods and really really like that game and always felt it would be even better if they made a Battlefield game that was more "simulatorish" and bigger.

For some strange reason the first Arma game and Arma 2 slipped past my radar and I cant for the life of me think why.

I have always loved flight sims and was generally a pilot on Battlefield 1942 so the flying aspect of Arma is appealing to me in a huge way.

Sooo, enough waffling lol

I grabbed this game yesterday and have been setting up my trusty old Sidewinder pro force feedback 2 and I think I just about got it sorted so I have been playing around with a bit of flying.

I am absolutely loving what I have experienced so far but as a complete newbie to this series I felt it would be a good idea to come here and get some tips or advice on what I perhaps should try, should set or should avoid etc etc.

Regarding mods, is there a definitive source of mod information I should check out ?

Any must have mods or tweaks ?

Regarding my PC and capabilities, can anyone suggest optimal settings for my system ? Its running ok and looks acceptable but I would like to get the most out of my hardware if possible.

My specs are as follows.

Cpu - Core 2 Quad 2.8ghz

Ram - 4GB DDR2 (not sure what speed)

GPU - Radeon HD5770 1GB GDDR5

Audio - Creative Soundblaster X-FI

Also, is there a way to do some advanced graphics tweaks via a .cfg file or something ? if so, how do I go about doing this ?

Many thanks in advance, hope to spend allot of time on this game and perhaps in this community.

I don't have the time to be precise but here is something:

- check ACE2 that changes lots of things and adds as well. If you are a pilot, it has couple neat tricks for you (I just checked the sidewinder part of your text).

- Generally all the mods that are introduced in the "Completed addons" -forum section are rather worth checking and you don't need to worry about loading crap. Addon makers in this community are 99,99 % good guys and the stuff is quality.

- Download IceBreakers islands (Isla Duala, Panthera, Jade Groove) and Namalsk as well but that is not IB's creation.

- Many cool visual FX mods are here already and more is coming, sound mods have lots of variety but I like the ones that ship with ACE2. Their team member is also creating fairly great sounding echo / reverb mod that is brilliant.

- Also there are lots of functional addons like "InstantViewDistance" and millions of others that ease out the gameplay for a new guy and in general. Makes it more pleasant.

In addon-forum there is a thread that lists all the "musthave" addons if I remember correctly, check it out and if you don't see something I mentioned or somebody else does, google is your friend. www.armaholic.com is rather great site and you can find user made missions and campaigns from there as well. About your specs. I think you can play on medium / high settings if you want playable FPS.

Welcome to the community, since OFP as well o/

Thanks for the info, little late now so I will look into your suggestions in more detail tomorrow.

:)

My question is regarding compatibility with other mods such as ace, slx or csm???