wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

Is there a place where I can find what all of the icons on the map mean? I saw some on the map today that I had no idea where they were.

Okay, I just got ARMA 2 and I have a bunch of questions, but I'll spare you all by simplifying it into two questions:

1: Are there any recommended guides for newbies (a wiki would be okay)

2: Is there an IRC channel for ARMA?

Okay, I just got ARMA 2 and I have a bunch of questions, but I'll spare you all by simplifying it into two questions:

1: Are there any recommended guides for newbies (a wiki would be okay)

2: Is there an IRC channel for ARMA?

No idea about the IRC channel.

As for guides, there's a few scattered around but i don't think there's a single one that covers everything due to the size of the game and everything involved.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_II_Hints_and_Tips

This lists manuals, the Arma bible (Dslyecxi's guide) and a few basic hints. Should be enough to get you started, just remember to keep playing and you'll pick it up eventually.

It has a steep learning curve, but is very rewarding.

Edited by Nokturnal1ne

Anyone know how to sit down, salute, and lower my weapon?

Also is there anyway to pop up from the commander hatch on a tank?

Thanks.

On Foot

Sit: '

Salute: \

Lower or Raise Weapons: Double Tap Ctrl

In Vehicle

X: Turn In

Z: Turn Out

Edited by Nicholas

To be honest Arma II really needs a page with all the hotkeys. Even the manual doesnt include them all.

Is there a place where I can find what all of the icons on the map mean? I saw some on the map today that I had no idea where they were.

I never got an answer for this question.

I never got an answer for this question.

Well the High Command tutorial tells you the meaning for the all the NATO symbols. Or do you mean some others?

Well the High Command tutorial tells you the meaning for the all the NATO symbols. Or do you mean some others?

Hmm, I'll have to check that out. I'm just talking about most of the ones on the map, like the red diamond and other stuff like that.

Okay I'm certainly not new to the series, but does A2/OA support surround sound?

I just bought this game a couple days ago, and already love it.

I'm trying to become a heli pilot, as this is what I have done in pretty much every other similar game in the past.

I'm able to fly the choppers adequately, as in I can takeoff & land, do attack flybys, pick up squads and drop of squads (mind you have not tested with AA yet).

My question is: Using a Mouse & Keyboard, how do I get the chopper to bank hard for tighter turns at higher speeds?

It seems that while at low speeds I can use the tail rotor to turn just fine, at high speeds when I try to do bank turns, I still end up turning in a very slow and lazy circle. I think that wouldn't work too well when I'm near enemy AA emplacements, so I would love to figure out how to make tighter turns at higher speeds.

I tried joining banking, nosing up, and the tail rotor, but it just doesn't turn as fast as I think it should be.

How the heck do I make an AI pilot land the chopper I'm in?

My ArmA 2 won't update, I downloaded the patch for 1.7 version. extract it, run it do everything, But when I open up ArmA 2 and host a match or go multiplayer it says i should update to 1.7 and i already have. Very confusing :S Also when i go to ArmA2.com it automatically takes me to bistudio.com for some reason?! please help!

Hi All,

Just got Operation Arrowhead and I'm loving it. The huge maps are just what I was looking for. I'm interested in flying jets and helos and while I've been able to pick up the helos quite easily I have been having a few problems with jets specifically the A10 and the huge cargo carrier can't rememeber what it's called but any tips would be help full.

ps at the minute I'm using a logitect Attack 3 for the helos and jets and I just ordered a TrackerIR 5 :)

Aim higher...

[YOTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS_8wmyomdU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS_8wmyomdU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjkkZ1Yd_3U&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjkkZ1Yd_3U&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

:icon_dj:

Ive got somethin on the pipeline that you may just like il try and finish it tonight :)

Edited by Placebo

Hey guys, if you have the box version of Combined Arms, where and how do you install and use mods? I thought I read somewhere they updated it so can enable/disable mods from the games menu, but how do you install them correctly to CO?

I just bought this game a couple days ago, and already love it.

I'm trying to become a heli pilot, as this is what I have done in pretty much every other similar game in the past.

I'm able to fly the choppers adequately, as in I can takeoff & land, do attack flybys, pick up squads and drop of squads (mind you have not tested with AA yet).

My question is: Using a Mouse & Keyboard, how do I get the chopper to bank hard for tighter turns at higher speeds?

It seems that while at low speeds I can use the tail rotor to turn just fine, at high speeds when I try to do bank turns, I still end up turning in a very slow and lazy circle. I think that wouldn't work too well when I'm near enemy AA emplacements, so I would love to figure out how to make tighter turns at higher speeds.

I tried joining banking, nosing up, and the tail rotor, but it just doesn't turn as fast as I think it should be.

I normally use the WASD keys and mouse to fly. When I want to do a tight turn I use D (right) and then use S and/or Q to turn and attempt to keep airspeed.

I need help right away. Ok when I load up arma 2 oa I get this message: Data file too short 'C:\Documents\Arma2\Addons\nixo91mcreskins.pbo'. Expected 1063117438 B, got 15065117 B. The nixo91mcreskins is a mod that I was trying to install. I accidently tried to burn the addon on to the disk but it wouldn't let me and would simply eject the disk like it should, but then when I try to run OA i get that error. Also, i've never installed a mod before so i'm pretty sure I screwed something up. Thanks

Is it possible to load the 3D Editor in OA?

Since the changelog of the last beta mentioned the 3D Editor, i was in hope to use it.

I was able to load it, but i wasnt able to load any objects, as i get the error msg "no group chosen".

Am i doing sth wrong here, or does the 3d editor dont work atm in OA?

The 3D editor isn't fully functional (yet) and I don't recommend using it.

Although initially, BIS was hoping to have a working 3D editor implemented in OA but they scrapped it. Maybe in the upcoming DLC.

In the options, theres a video memory scale, but I dont know the memory values associated with the settings. My guess is that normal is 512 mb, high is 1024 mb and very high is above 1024. Can anyone confirm?