wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

Why does multiplayer lag despite your high spec system? in CooP missions, you can see the AI lagging when walking. is Bohemia unable to fix this due to the huge terrains? all of their games have this problem. I have never played the multiplayer but that it lags which makes me not want to play on online at all.

Just updating/downloading ACE2 through six updater as we speak.

Have I got this right: When I want to play ArmaII I open sixupdater hit execute wait for any updates to download/update and then it will launch?

Sorry if this is a seemingly dumb question - but this is my first experience with mods and what-have-you. Can't wait to get started though - this game seems to have potential!!!

make a new short cut for arma2 ace marksman, this is my own ("C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM) then use this for ace you still have your old shortcut if you dont want to play with mods, theres no need to update everytime you want to play ace as far as i know.

Hi there. I've been trying to turn of the green, red and white 'markers', those 'bolls' from other units. But I couldn't find a way how.

Is it possible? And if so, how do I turn it off?

Thanks,

- Glow

Hi Glowbal

Are you talking about the peripheral vision indicators? The ones that run along the screen edge?

I seem to remember some glowing indicators around units in a video but it was either a Mod or a very low difficulty setting.

If it is going to be under difficulty settings we need to know what are your current settings?

Kind Regards walker

Thank you Walker. You helped me there. It was the difficulty settings. I've no idea what I had them on, but I set it to veteran and I disabled everything but 3rd person view and now it's all good. :)

Thanks.

Hey guys just saw this thread. I have been playing the operation flashpoint series every since it came out and now i just bought the game at my local bestbuy! What mods do y'all recommended on for a best game experience?! What graphic cards are y'all using btw?

Hi ohitsduy

ACE II Mod, a bunch of islands and Zeus AI; use Yoma's and a well know repository to maintain your basic addons.

My computer is about 3 years out of date and runs ArmA II fine since the 1.05 update.

Windows XP Pro

2.50 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800 plus

3Gb memory

X1950 Pro with 512mb

Kind regards walker

What exactly is the skill slider? Is it just accuracy?

What exactly is the skill slider? Is it just accuracy?

No, its the skill and the accuracy. They will act slightly different and spot alot better if you put it on 1. I advise you to put it like in this topic.

(I use slightly different settings than that guy, but its the same idea)

So, what does it effect? Anything besides spotting? I'm not even new to the game, I just always found this confusing.

Edited by Walts

Skill and Courage should not be within 500 miles of affecting each other in a war sim.

Skill and Courage should not be within 500 miles of affecting each other in a war sim.

It also reflects experience/training, since rookies are more likely to flee then veterans.

But now you just seem to be picking on things for the hell of it. Should they have called the setting/command 'SetSomeAIAbilitiesWhichCanBeRelatedtoAnything_array' instead of just setSkill_array just for you?

Edited by NeMeSiS

Well, this all leads back to that request for untrained units module. Trained units wouldn't flee, but they're not running in front of RPG's if you know what I mean.

Some things can be mission specific and Courage can be set without effecting the other abilities using that command by the mission editor. I dont see what modules have to do with it.

This is not the place for this, so I'l end it with this. I am not a coder, so it would add a ton of value while not being all that much work . It would be nice if this was easy, because most time in Takistan will be spent fighting untrained rebels. Also, this should't be called the "skill" slider, thats misleading. I'd call it the "Combat Effectiveness" slider.

Hello,

I'm a newcomer in the world of ARMA and looking for answers to some questions.

I've played ARMA 2 several times at my friend's computer, but now I decided to buy the game for myself.

The problem is that I cannot decide which version is wiser to buy - ARMA 2 core, or Operation Arrowhead. I don't want to buy both games, so I need help to choose one of them. My concerns are that if I buy Arma 2 (core), most of the players can move to Operation Arrowhead or vice versa.

In your opinion which of the two parts of the game belong to the future (in the multiplayer aspect, more players, mods, support and etc.)?

Second,

Can anyone recommend me a website where the game is sold in the form of digital downloading - not as a DVD (I can pay only with paypal)?

And one more thing,

My computer uses Windows 7 Ultimate edition. Should I expect problems with the game under this operating system?

Thanks

Edited by helldesign

I don't want to buy both games

Why not? Buying both is ultimately the best option. That way you get everything...

What Big Dawg said, you're better off getting both games because then you'll get all the content to mess about with.

You can only buy ArmA 2 itself anyway, until later this month. You'd just be pre-ordering Arrowhead, and you may as well start with ArmA 2 incase you decide to add Arrowhead later.

Hello,

I'm a newcomer in the world of ARMA and looking for answers to some questions.

Cool. :welcome:

The problem is that I cannot decide which version is wiser to buy - ARMA 2 core, or Operation Arrowhead. I don't want to buy both games, so I need help to choose one of them. My concerns are that if I buy Arma 2 (core), most of the players can move to Operation Arrowhead or vice versa.

Its probably best to buy both of them in the ARMA 2: COMBINED OPERATIONS edition. At 50 dollars you're basically paying for a 50 dollar game and a 40 dollar expansion in one package. I really see no point in buying Arrowhead or ArmA 2 alone.

Second,

Can anyone recommend me a website where the game is sold in the form of digital downloading - not as a DVD (I can pay only by peypal)?

http://www.arma2.com/crossroad-sprocketbanner.html

The steam and sprocket links will probably be working after release. Those are both good places for digital download. However if you're looking for a place to get it with PayPal you should probably check eBay.

And one more thing,

My computer uses Windows 7 Ultimate edition. Should I expect problems with the game under this operating system?

No, you shouldn't expect problems with that OS. The best OS to run ArmA2 unfortunately remains Windows XP.

Thank you guys! :ok:

I decided to buy the combined version of the game "COMBINED OPERATIONS edition".

Best regards :)

Also remember that if people are hosting missions using ArmA 2 content in Operation Arrowhead and you only got Operation Arrowhead then you won't be able to join the server... so if your thinking about playing multiplayer then you for sure go for the combined operations package.

Hell you should do it anyway :p

P.S. do yourself a favor and ask if your computer will run ArmA 2 / OA in this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72181

Edited by JW Custom