wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

well, you do have the buddy system, that ofthen makes you end up with a partner.

To use the teams command, you select the guys you want first ( like 4-5-6 ) and assign them to a team ( command menu, teams, assign team : like red )

then you are divided into 2 smaller groups of 3, though the team is still led by the team leader, if the other human player is playing as nr 4 ( and got rank on the ai :p ) he will have the other 2 (5&6) trying to keep up with him when he moves around

thats why i said to some extent ;) it's possible, but a bit of an hassle.

As Noraf says, it is possible to do what you want by assigning the squad members to different colour coded fire teams.

Ah, right I get it - thanks guys!

You also have Zeus AI addon for once you get better at the game. The vannila AI is better than most games for the most part, but it still has its flaws.

Just got the game and yes, I did read the manual.

However, for someone who has never played any Aama title before it is seriously lacking important information.

E.g. what exactly will a squad member do if I give him the order to "scan horizon"?

Or if I set him into safe, stealth or danger mode... what exactly will that make him do? Where can I find detailed documentation on stuff like that?

Please point me in the right direction, ty.

Scan horizon makes them look around for threats.

Safe/stealth/danger changes their alertness. Affects how they move, hide, operate vehicles. You trade speed for safety via what mode you have them in.

It's not exactly what you are asking for, but should be concidered required reading.

http://dslyecxi.com/armattp.html

Scan horizon makes them look around for threats.

Safe/stealth/danger changes their alertness. Affects how they move, hide, operate vehicles. You trade speed for safety via what mode you have them in.

It's not exactly what you are asking for, but should be concidered required reading.

http://dslyecxi.com/armattp.html

and a sequel to that guide based on arma2:

http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/

Hey, i got both Arma 2 and OA on steam, so i did the batch thing to get them to work in combinded operations.

It works fine, but one problem, my addons wont work? They dont show up in the editor...

When i run arma 2 or OA alone they work, but not in combinded, why?

And how can i make it work?

I'm not particularly new, however I just installed OA and noticed that the checkpoint markers dissapear after a few seconds and I need to bring the map up to make them reappear for a short time.

I dont know if this always happened, but I really wish they didnt dissapear. Is there a way to fix it?

How do you rank up?

I'm a corporal and I have no idea how I did it?

Sheepy look into difficulty settings something with "permanent HUD".

MRLEGEND this game isnt based on ranking up or unlocking stuff. Its more about results - to get the mission done and get all buddies back to base. ;)

Rating is increased for killing enemies, decreased for killing friendlies. If your rating goes below a certain value you will be considered as enemy.

Sheepy look into difficulty settings something with "permanent HUD".

MRLEGEND this game isnt based on ranking up or unlocking stuff. Its more about results - to get the mission done and get all buddies back to base. ;)

Rating is increased for killing enemies, decreased for killing friendlies. If your rating goes below a certain value you will be considered as enemy.

Ahh I didnt know you could edit them. Unfortunately for veteran, permanent hud is one of the locked on ones. Oh well, i'll have to live with it.

Another problem I have. I believe I used to be able to scale the compass/watch etc down or up in size but I cant figure out how to do it. Also I cant remember how to switch the GPS between the MAP and COORDs mode.

Thanks again ^^

No doubt it's been asked a million times before so sorry in advance.

I have Arma2 and am interested in OA, does that mean I need to buy OA only, guessing the combined is litraly Arma2/OA correct ??

Does the price of OA represent accurately the improvement from Arma2 to OA , I seem to recall only paying £30 for Arma2, or do you consider OA a totally new game ?

Thanks again

buy OA only, the installer will sort out the rest, given that your copy of ARMA2/OA is not steam version and your windows registry isnt broken in the first place(rare but possible)

OK, decided to give the demo another chance. Here's my question:

In the first scenario on the demo, Trial By Fire, I had a squad leader. I followed him and eventually completed the mission for the first time ever.

The next scenario, Death Valley, I never saw a Squad Leader, was I the squad leader? If so, how do I give orders?

OK, decided to give the demo another chance. Here's my question:

In the first scenario on the demo, Trial By Fire, I had a squad leader. I followed him and eventually completed the mission for the first time ever.

The next scenario, Death Valley, I never saw a Squad Leader, was I the squad leader? If so, how do I give orders?

F1 F2 F3 and so on, look at the bottom of the screen if you see pic's of men, tanks, there yours to control, select them with the f keys and scroll the mouse whee,l press backspace before you select will give you diffent commands

F1 F2 F3 and so on, look at the bottom of the screen if you see pic's of men, tanks, there yours to control, select them with the f keys and scroll the mouse whee,l press backspace before you select will give you diffent commands

Ahh ok. I saw that pop up today and was wondering what that was. They were all red. It was on a scenario where I had a squad leader and I guess he died.

Another question. Does the full game perform better than the demo? The demo performs ok on mostly high settings.

Another question. Does the full game perform better than the demo? The demo performs ok on mostly high settings.

It most certainly will have more of a boost thanks to the patches- well at least In my experience (and I have a crappy pc)

Still havent figured out if I can resize the compass/watch/gps , I could of sworn I have before. (also cant remember the GPS mode switch hotkey..)

It most certainly will have more of a boost thanks to the patches- well at least In my experience (and I have a crappy pc)

That's good to hear. I may get the game eventually if I can ever find it in a store (Combined Operations).

The demo is growing on me too. I keep playing it over and over again to keep learning things. Like today, I learned that you could buy weapons/units, and construct things.

Here's a question, since that's what this thread is used for... how do I select all of my teammates instead of having to press F2-F5 one after another? Is there a single button I can press?

And another question: Will "Combined Operations" have the most recent patch at the time of it's release?

Still havent figured out if I can resize the compass/watch/gps , I could of sworn I have before. (also cant remember the GPS mode switch hotkey..)

On the map screen you can double click on them to resize.

GPS-minimap default key is RightCtrl+M. But it's not available in every mission/role you play.

On the map screen you can double click on them to resize.

GPS-minimap default key is RightCtrl+M. But it's not available in every mission/role you play.

Ahh it was that easy then! Oh and by GPS i meant switching it from the COORDs mode to the MAP as it has the tabs at the bottom of the GPS.

Thanks so much, I hate how large the compass is!

That's good to hear. I may get the game eventually if I can ever find it in a store (Combined Operations).

The demo is growing on me too. I keep playing it over and over again to keep learning things. Like today, I learned that you could buy weapons/units, and construct things.

Here's a question, since that's what this thread is used for... how do I select all of my teammates instead of having to press F2-F5 one after another? Is there a single button I can press?

And another question: Will "Combined Operations" have the most recent patch at the time of it's release?

Press the space bar to select them all

Pressing Esc instead of F# will select all units under your comand.

No, [`] under [Esc] selects all units (or inverts the selection if some are already highlighted)

Edited by EDcase