Sign in to follow this  
Takko

What gun are you using (And why)

Hi,

I got a question going on here. What kind of gun are you using

and are you using ironsights or sights?

E.g., I got the feeling that shots over distance with iron sights

are as accurate as with Acog/Kobra but give you an advantage in CQB,

so its better to use that as kind of "Allrounder"?

Also, a guy told me the russian weapons make more punch over

the distance. Didn't try that out yet, but is it really that significant,

that it makes Russian Weapons over distance more appealing?

I play Warfare and I always use the M16A4 with the ACOG.

Why? Because the Marines use it and they certainly do for the right reasons. It's accurate, good looking, has a great scope and fires in controlled bursts.

203 ACOG

1911 sidearm (w/one clip)

Gotta have my optics. I'm not on the ground very often, but when I am I like to be able to see who I'm shooting at. And I've had the 203's save my butt on many occasion.

Depending on how you like to shoot.

Personally, I always gear myself with an M249 para and a TAC-50SD. M249 has the smallest recoil signature of all weapons in the game. In full auto, it has far far lesser recoil than M16 or M4, comes with bipods and it rocks with the elcan sight (ACE2). With some practise, I can score about the same accuracy as M16 with controlled 2 to 3 rounds burst hit at about 350m (M4 accuracy is way lower than M16 due to higher dispersion. In fact, I get higher accuracy than M16 when prone and bipods deployed. yeah, I spend about an hour a day in my self made range testing weapons in editor.). It also carries about 7 times more ammo than normal 30rd mags and with controlled firing, it keeps you shooting for way longer. The para is definitely my weapon of choice for mid to short range work. TAC-50SD is my choice for long range work due to range, suppressor and bipods.

My choice of sidearm is the Desert eagle from RH. Its like having a shotgun in your pocket and is the only pistol that guarantees single shot kill at close range.

So, how I usually gear myself is para in hand, TAC-50 on back, Metis launcher and a desert eagle whenever these items are all available. Of course, expect to walk a lot and collaspe a lot (in ACE2). (reason why I carry a Metis is because RPGs are no longer tank busters in ACE2. I would rather have one guaranteed tank kill than 3 gambles. In the default game, RPG7VR is my all time favorite launcher.)

If I have to pick up an opfor weapon, the bizon would be my first choice for close range shooting and the AK74 my first choice for mid range shooting. The bizon has almost the same low recoil signature as the M249 in full auto (but only iron sight with the non-surpressed version making drop compensation for longer ranges impossible) and the AK74 is a lot more controllable in full auto than an M4.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

I usually work in HQ Squad, so my PWC is usually a defensive weapon with quick rate of fire. I usually go to ops armed with M4A1/M203 or Russian PP-19 Bizon. Sidearm is always there.

If counting addons I use standard Slovenian assault rifle FN F2000S and Sig Sauer P226 for backup. I'm also feeling comfortable with M70AB2 (Yugoslav version of AK-47).

I most often switch my primary weapon. Outside of towns I use AK-107 PSO or M16A4 ACOG. Inside of towns I switch to M4A1 or AK74S because this two give you the best overall field of view in close quarter Combat.

Oh...and I never leave the camp without a RPG-7 or a SMAW with two AT and 1 HE.

Depends on the situation at hand. 99% of the time I go with my trusty AK-74 and RPG-7, with a Makarov. That will get you through almost everything the game can throw at you.

M16A4 with an ACOG sight and M203 grenade launcher as my primary weapon.

As for my sidearm, one M1911 handgun.

Works like a charm.

M16A4 with an ACOG sight and M203 grenade launcher as my primary weapon.

for vanilla, see above :rolleyes:

For ACE2 I found two weapons I like alot

M110SD for medium and long range

SA58 for CQB

:)

Anything Russian made. Because they're awesome.

I could completely smash you but I won't.

The AK-107 with the scope is nice, shame the barrel looks so ugly.

the default rifle for our evolution is an M16A4 ACOG with M203 which most people keep along with added SMAW's.

but i'm a big fan of the AKM or AKS:

- it has a nicer sound than the standard ak's and friendlies dont think youre enemy cos they almost never hear this weapon firing at them

- it has all round view and is lightweight and fuss free

- it always kills with one shot unlike the M16

- its full auto spray mode in CQB is awesome

and if you read the in-game ammobox intel on it - its 7.62mm rather than 5.56 for the ak's - now we all know this is crap - all ak's are 7.62mm based on the old 8mm mauser round for the Stg44, but hey ho - I think this is why it sounds like it packs more of a punch than the ak's little snick snick sound but i haven't checked the stats. it seems to be a killer to me...

for night work I use a VSS with 20 round mags (the default 10 round mags are pointless) - it has a hell of a drop over distance but ALWAYS kills with a hit even to the foot (must be dum dums lol)

hoping to see an ASVAL soon

the absence of an iron sight suppressed M4 is criminal - I used to use it all the time in arma 1 - either 6th senses or RH's can't remember whose... (mod request!!)

like someone else said - the tac scopes are crap at night - you cant see past the dust - the kobra scopes are as bad at night

for longer range I'm a fan of the M107 though many of my teammates take the DMR. We had DMR's in arma 1 a lot. I like the dragunov if in a town in evo cos its good at close quarters and you can get ammo from bodies.

sidearm - always the m1911 - we had this in arma 1 and used it a lot to fight off hordes of enemy attacking our spawn. very effective stopping power and very accurate, though not as accurate as the arma 1 version, which was like a rifle lol.

I also like the PKM, pecheneg and RPK (75 round drum) - they're great for suppressing enemy. The M240 and M249 sights arem't as good and the pecheneg is amazing over distance. The RPK is great as its like an AK but you dont have to keep reloading it.

for rockets I tend to take 2 of the the RPG9VR's (3 ammo slots each but tank-killers) and occasionally augment it with OG7's for groups of infantry. For lobnger range I use the metis cos it works direct fire or like a jav.

we use a version of evo with unlocked weapons and a crate of each side to choose from - download it to try all the weapons out on the range

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/

the blazes weapon mod is a small addition that gives you 5 nades for each one in your M203 inventory and a laserlock jav and makes the M136 take up 2 ammo slots (although its still soft compared to the smaw/ metis/ RPG9VR)

Anything Russian made.

The AK-74 is my favorite rifle with ironsights.

I still don´t understand why ACE2 hasn´t issued the AK-74M instead of the AK-107. That weapon is not being used by the Russian army.

When playing ACE mod I tend to use the M16A4 and M4A1 equally. Sometimes I try to do some sniping however.

For vanilla I prefer the AK-107 (very effective when fired on three round burst mode) and the M249 SAW.

Usually I go with the red dot sights because if I look at nearby vegetation with the ACOG my FPS drops significantly. That grass is the devil's work I tell you.

AKSU has moved up on my list lately.

Dunno why, but i make good hits with that little sucker :D

Anything else is G36/SVD (or XM8 if 40mm grenades are available).

Eggsbeast, the AK74 and AK100 series are chambered in 5.45x45 FYI.

So it's not wrong :P

I could completely smash you but I won't.

The AK-107 with the scope is nice, shame the barrel looks so ugly.

Sorry that I have a love for Russian weaponry and engineering. :rolleyes:

DMR

Short range isnt an option so i tend to avoid that scenario :)