Sign in to follow this  
Takko

What gun are you using (And why)

thanks shifty - goodto know the AKM does actually pack more of a punch - i figured it did but wasn't sure the data was right.

it's a shame the shotties are so poor in arma2

I love the m1014 or whatever is in this game. It's totally awesome! 1 hit kill great sights!

They're awesome once you load em up with ACE2 shells. Even the M79 rocks!

Personally a big fan of the ironsighted M16A2 and AKM rifles, though I usually end up on SA80 with or without UGL. Gimpy with M145 scope if i've been good. :D

Edited by Daniel

I also like the aimpoint, but now ACE 2 seems to have swapped it for a different model with narrower fov. What's the story with that?

The DMR has always been a 'click on what you want to die' weapon. It almost makes things too easy.

And the RPG-7 is fun as hell. It doesn't matter if you actually do any damage with it. And I hope to god no one ever fires an OG-7 warhead at me.

Edited by maturin

In ACE:

As OPFOR - CZ550 and Skorpion as a sidearm. I absolutely love the CZ550.

Antitank - Metis or good'ol RPG-7.

As BLUFOR - M4A1 203 RCO. Since they have put back the iron sights, no need for sidearms, which means more space for grenades :)

Antitank - SMAW. Love the spotting round feature.

M21 in OFP... awwww yeaaaah.

In the rare event I bother playing arma2 I stick with the M4, 203, eotech combo. It's pretty badass although having a light on it and not being able to use it is kinda lame.

@SJJACK, you sure RPGs are still tank busters in ACE? :) Probably only with all 3 shots of tandem charge. But I would rather get one guaranteed kill with one Metis anyday.

Long range: DMR, M16 with ACOG, or TAC-50. I'm a scope-whore and like picking off long range.

CQB and Urban: Shotgun or M4 with death-dot. I've shot down helicopters with just a shotgun loaded with buckshot in this game. They are so OP. M4 when I don't feel like shotgun.

sidearm: If I have to use it I'm already dead. I'm fond of the M1911 though

Edited by skooma

Skooma most helicopters don't like getting their tail rotor hit by even a small rock in the wrong spot.

In vanilla knocking out a tail rotor takes clips of M107. HMG or cannon rounds will send it spinning in a heartbeat though.

Depends on the mission.

If we are going for longer range i'll try to get an ACOG on my weapon, or a similar scope for other weapons.

In closer range i'll settle for an Aimpoint or just the plain good old ironsights.

I like to act like the class i'm, so i won't use ridiculous combinations (sniper/AT anyone?:rolleyes:)

Now if only there was a Diemaco with Elcan sight in the game, either c7 or c8.... :)

I was always under the impression that 'grain' in that instance referred to bullet weight, ie. mass of the projectile, not charge size or weight of powder.
It's measurement for both. Charge and Projectiles are both measured in grains because its more precise than decimal gramm. You will find charge loads and the kind powder used in grain in reloading charts.

When ever possible: AK-74. It packs a nice punch and I'm more precise with iron sights than with scopes.

DMR all day every day.

Though the M16 ACOG and KSVK both have a place in my heart too.

i am always using the G36K together with some AT weapon when i can. Good precision for an assault rifle..

M4A1 Holographic Weapon Sight (aka EOTech) and M203 'cause it gives a COD4 feel to the game.

Probably a Ak-107 GP-30, and PSO, for overwatch and long engagement distances.

Otherwise a 107 with Kobra for most everything. Four to Six mags, and 2 smoke grenades, then if need be other things.

The Bison is tons'o'fun! The VSS Vintorez is also a favorite of mine. Brutally effective up to about 400m, and 500m with alot more risk. Of course with crazy drop.

PKP/m249, happen to be favorite(s) aswell. I don't usually like support weapons, but these ones suits my fancy.

This game needs the Abakan... AN-94. I wish ACE would put it in... I'm not sure if it could even be modeled accurately... I've never seen it function accurately in a game ever. It is going to be Russia's new service rifle now after all.

Gorka (Or Berezka) and Smersh are definitely my favorite gear setups... Its sad that they are seen very little in game. (Not that it changes anything in game.)

Finally Shifty said the 100 series is in 5.45... Very wrong. (The 107 happens to be.) The series was meant to be very diverse. It has rifles chambered in 5.45x39mm, 5.56x45mm nato, and 7.62x39mm M43.

Also you said Russias strong point is not in engineering. (Right after you mentioned not to say things like they are facts.) Well that is a huge opinion aswell as an insult to them and you dont have the right to say that. Unless your making up your own definition of engineering of course. No need to be a douchebag or anything. (I don't need to go around proclaiming how ugly the M series' are :p) There is enough Anti America, and Anti Russia shit going on already. No need to make anymore. Opinions are opinions, nothing more so lets at least try not to be hypocrites here. ;)

i am always using the G36K together with some AT weapon when i can. Good precision for an assault rifle..

like the time we were playing warfare? good shit yo.

AKM/AKS for me thanks.

I like the accuracy it has on full auto, it's a 7.62 round so none of this 5 rounds to drop a man garbage and finally, it's easy to scavenge ammo off dead insurgents.

AKM/AKS, "ACCURACY"???

Didn't see that ingame or RL.... There is a reason a 5.56 version of the AK was developed and that's very well modelled in the game... really wonder how you found AKM/AKS "accurate"...

I love me some HK weapons, G36, XM8, etc. Sometimes I'll just grab an M240 or M249 to lay down some suppressive fire though.

@Imperator Pete, AKM/AKS for accuracy? lol wut

As an Arma2 noob that just finished the campaign and have 91% of the armory items I must say I prefer the Mk12 for long range engagements, and the XM8 Assault rifle with bipods for regular combat. I just love the whole feel of that gun. The sound, the recoil(which is pretty low when prone thanks to those pods), I don't know, maybe it's not the best weapon out there to someone who knows what they're talking about, but it feels good, it feels intuitive and "right" almost, which I feel a lot of the other weapons aren't.