Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

hey you guys, we still love ACE ! its making the game verry realistic, and we all love the way how to update/install with sixupdate verry easy to use !!

but that is not going away when final version arrive ?

and damm 314,875 vieuws in this topic :yay:

Thanks :) We will continue to provide our running development builds as we have in the past.

However for the (hopefully soon) to be released v1.0 Stable, people can download an installer, so they can stick to that version if they prefer, until v1.1. Stable :)

Enjoy! :yay:

Hi.

The mod is getting better and better. I do have a question though, as the Mod becomes more indepth it seems too are the capacities of the vehicles in terms of combat capability. I see now multiple munitions in several vehicles mostly ground heavy armor and some with the air.

Is there a wiki that explains the characteristics of each of these weapsons by vehicle? It is difficult to know what is it in some cases, IE which load will suit the expected engagement.

Thanks,

Mike.

Hey Sickboy, what post You were responding too? Mizz one?

Bcz I'm afraid I didn't get any response, blah

Hi

Are the servers down because i cant download the six updater tool and not one link works on the ace wiki

thx

EDIT: Its up again

Edited by Richieb0y

Is the mod kompatible with GL4 ...because Ace and GL4 have AI changes givet a conflict ?

Regards

Is the mod kompatible with GL4 ...because Ace and GL4 have AI changes givet a conflict ?

Regards

It's explained in both threads and my SP missions use both together. Yes but you may want to tweak the GL4 configs for stuff that over laps with ACE2. For that, you'll need to look at them yourself and figure it out. GL4 just has too many features/options to explain in a short time.

GL4 effects seem to work just fine. I am not sure about the nature of the AI scripting.

dev-heaven.net experienced some issues, should be solved though :)

Began getting 'Red Cloth' errors in the DOS screen and the GUI not launching sometime yesterday (3/1/10).

Dev-heaven.net is not responding so this may the issue.

My last update brought me to 1.07.298

Just FYI....

when soldier is being called by "ace" action menu "xy... come here"

is it meant just for mp.?

or, why ai doesn't respond on action? (eg. come closer to player)

it would be nice, since it is such a darn action

Edited by d1mp3y

when soldier is being called by "ace" action menu "xy... come here"

is it meant just for mp.?

or, why ai doesn't respond on action? (eg. come closer to player)

it would be nice, since it is such an darn action

What is ""ace" action"?

Hi anyone else experience this: Enemy AI shoot wildy around and do not directly target anyone. They shoot up in the air,into the ground and the only thing they can kill is there teamates and themselves. Friendly AI on the other hand works fine.

Trying to find some documentation of this feature:

Sys_weapons, scripts and functions for enumuration of weapons and magazines, for use in boxes. Incl "MagicBox" for ease of use. [sickboy]

Anyone have any idea what this is, what it can do, and how to use it? Thank you.

Does anyone know if the old SIX updater has to be completely uninstalled before updating to a new version, say 0.8.1? Also is there much need to update SIX updater itself?

The old BI methods of changing accuracy still work. With ACE, you probably want to increase accuracy. The ACE default values make for good long firefights, until you get in a Mexican standoff with a Spetsnaz marksman and realize that he shoots like someone with Parkinson's.

Excellent, thanks for the response and help!

Trying to find some documentation of this feature:

Anyone have any idea what this is, what it can do, and how to use it? Thank you.

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Weapons_System

I hope to document API functions for it soon.

Does anyone know if the old SIX updater has to be completely uninstalled before updating to a new version, say 0.8.1? Also is there much need to update SIX updater itself?

The setup won't install into existing folder, so yep. You can keep user configuration files though (Uninstaller asks you).

If RubyGems update work for you, generally there's no reason to grab the latest Six Updater setup, unless there's new/updated binaries added, which happened in 0.8.1

Edited by Sickboy

How can you switch to Driver position in a Tank?

In the Menu it gives me only a choice to switch from Commander to Gunner and vice versa.

Is this intend to be this way and why?

Get out of the tank and switch to Driver. If you can't switch from within, it's because you can't in reallife.

Rock on fellas! The new Modules kick a#$!

The upcoming release rocks! ;)

Very Strange Problem here. If i die in Editor SP Missions i cant do anything no more. Just lying there:confused: