Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

I suspect the armor system still has loopholes, specifically regarding crew damage.

In my T-72A I played a mission while merrily shrugging off RPGs and 30mm cannon rounds, only to be killed (I, the driver) by my own HEAT FRAG shrapnel, the splash damage from a collapsing building, and (I think) friendly fire .50 caliber rounds hitting the back of my turret.

I had more freak deaths than combat deaths overall.

Tank to tank combat is still glorious, and the reloading was worth it.

...and of course, it isn't reproduceable. Yet that mission killed me over half a dozen times.

Heres a question...Why is it when I try to update ACE on SIX Updater it doesnt acually update? It keeps saying I have the wrong version when I log into a server. Anyone have ideas on what to do?

Heres a question...Why is it when I try to update ACE on SIX Updater it doesnt acually update? It keeps saying I have the wrong version when I log into a server. Anyone have ideas on what to do?

Possibly Virtual Store related: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/6806

If you have Vista or Windows 7, please clean out your Virtual Store of any ArmA 2 related files, and run the Six Updater (GUI) with right-click run-as administrator.

Then just follow standard procedures; Hit Execute on the Main page.

This should put your mods straight again.

Also, if you still have an old version Updater, it is recommended to get the latest: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/files

It's also possible that it is the server who has an old version, the message should tell.

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks, but didnt seem to work. Im not that lazy where I have to uninstall then reinstall considering its around my 6th time doing so. But what gets me stummped is the fact where I cant get the addons to run as @ACE,@ACEX and so on. It has to be @ACE1,@ACEX1 so on for it not to run as the beta version.

Added the same test mission now with AI as gunner, http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9326

Targets are destroyed, no matter if I use 114K or 114L.

Your AI does not hit and destroy targets in that mission?

Added a 3rd mission, where you spectate as Civilian, while AH64 and AH1 ai's are taking down a lot of Armor.

I did the civilian mission and i saw a hellfire explode right above a tank, not doing anything of damage to it..

It looks like airburst but hellfires aren't supposed to do that

Look i took a screenshot: (look at the dark cloud, that's where a hellfire exploded above the tank doing absolutely nothing)

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/282/arma22010022815091474.jpg

Changed it into a link, i din't know, my apologies.

Edited by Sneeper

You may want to change that picture size before the Moderators remove it, or just add a link. They don't allow pics over 100k.

I searched this topic, but found nothing related to you guys adding ch47, or other searchword I used was "chinook" anyways, I remember you guys had an awesome ch47 in ArmA1 version of ACE, had any plans to port it over to ACEX2?

I did the civilian mission and i saw a hellfire explode right above a tank, not doing anything of damage to it..

It looks like airburst but hellfires aren't supposed to do that

Look i took a screenshot: (look at the dark cloud, that's where a hellfire exploded above the tank doing absolutely nothing)

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/282/arma22010022815091474.jpg

Changed it into a link, i din't know, my apologies.

Er, isnt that a T90 ?

Er, isnt that a T90 ?

Don't look at the tank please, it has no relevance in this picture.

The red arrow is pointing at where the Hellfire missle just exploded in mid air, it was heading for a tank which you can't see because of the smoke.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1555/arma22010022815091474ar.jpg

Edited by Sneeper

Thanks a lot for that picture! We might have an idea what this is causing, we are confirming it as we speak.

Okay not exactly what we thought, but we have nailed that bug now too. The problem was only with AI and Laserguided missiles.

Tomorrow's update will include it.

If you would like to give it a spin though, here's the updated sys_missileguidance: http://www.multiupload.com/F6C3838PH3

With Longbow fixes in MP, and general AI laserguided missile fixes.

Edited by Sickboy

How often is Vanilla being updated right now? I love all the work you guys are doing, it seems a bit excessive for being a 1.0 Release, almost like beta never ended. Are there plans to time the periodic updates to maybe once a week instead of every 2 days? It would make it much easier for us to adminitrate the server(s) and synchronize the playerbase without being suprised each day with the "out of Sync" popups.

Sickboy - left you a PM.

Hi, maybe someone can help me out with this, it would be great: Every now and then units randomly leave my squad. In that case i have to wait until my character orders them to automatically get back for example by saying "2- follow 1". Is anybody experiencing the same issue? thanks in advance

How often is Vanilla being updated right now? I love all the work you guys are doing, it seems a bit excessive for being a 1.0 Release, almost like beta never ended. Are there plans to time the periodic updates to maybe once a week instead of every 2 days? It would make it much easier for us to adminitrate the server(s) and synchronize the playerbase without being suprised each day with the "out of Sync" popups.

The Beta has never ended, we're on 1.0 Release Candiate.

As soon as we hit Stable 1.0, you will get a casual installer package, no need to follow the builds if you don't want to.

This was supposed to be a week and a half ago already, but we delayed to resolve a few annoying bugs. We hope tomorrow will be the last RC.

All you ask is basically available in our information resources. It is even possible for server owners to configure the level of version checking performed.

(In current version, one has to create an override config. However for next update we've included a define in SERVERCONFIG :))

Edited by Sickboy

Sickboy - left you a PM.

In fact beta haven't ended.The vanilla preset has nothing to do with ACE but launches ARMA with vanilla .exe rather than the beta .exe

EDIT: grilled by super sickboy

The Beta has never ended, we're on 1.0 Release Candiate.

As soon as we hit Stable 1.0, you will get a casual installer package, no need to follow the builds if you don't want to.

This was supposed to be a week and a half ago already, but we delayed to resolve a few annoying bugs. We hope tomorrow will be the last RC.

All you ask is basically available in our information resources. It is even possible for server owners to configure the level of version checking performed.

Sweet bro, thanks for the hard work

I have installed ace 2 but it seems impossible to keep up wit the "One shot one kill" moto!

The accuracy is horibble most of the times even against the wind.

I am trying to hit a target at 500m and I will be very lucky if i hit the target 1/10! I tried many weapons like dmr m104 m24 and others but the problem is the same. I also tried tracer ammo, I disabled wind drifting, nothing. its like I am shooting a machinegun!

Any clues or ideas?

If you press SHIFT + V (that's if you didn't change the keys) it brings up an interface where you can change the elevation and windage also there is a range table which gives you values for set ranges e.g 100m,600m etc:)

I tried that too! nothing...

Also an other problem that i am having: I cant use spotting scope!

Most of the times it doesnt even show "get in spoting scope as a gunner" but even when it does I am just siting next to it. no zoom, no nthing. Its like its programmed to open the wrong eye!

Edited by stargazer

Thanks a lot for that picture! We might have an idea what this is causing, we are confirming it as we speak.

Okay not exactly what we thought, but we have nailed that bug now too. The problem was only with AI and Laserguided missiles.

Tomorrow's update will include it.

If you would like to give it a spin though, here's the updated sys_missileguidance: http://www.multiupload.com/F6C3838PH3

With Longbow fixes in MP, and general AI laserguided missile fixes.

I will test the fix now, will let you know how it turns out mate :)

Hi, maybe someone can help me out with this, it would be great: Every now and then units randomly leave my squad. In that case i have to wait until my character orders them to automatically get back for example by saying "2- follow 1". Is anybody experiencing the same issue? thanks in advance

I'm not sure this is an ACE2 problem so I don't think people have bothered to answer it. I've never experienced a "unit leaving".

He leaves the group(his icon is gone) but is still controlled by another unit in your group or is his icon still there but he won't follow your orders? If he's just not following your orders then try hitting 0-1(0-Done).

As follow to my previous posts i will add this:

Accuracy like the one viewed in this video is dreamy!

The wind deflection is a very nice effect but even when I disable it, it is impossible to have accuracy like that! I also deployed the bipod and held my breath for every shot i made! I waited for at least ten seconds between 2 shots and still nothing!

These are 10 shots fired from 600m with m24 . The weapon was calibrated through Shift+v at 600 (14) and 0 wind. The wind deflection is disabled through userconfig.

all shots where made with held breath and with at least 10 seconds interval from lying position with bipod deployed...

Is it normal?

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/306/snipershots.jpg

Edited by stargazer

No the icon disappears, and the unit becomes a "one man squad". ah why is it always me who gets such strange problems...

I think they should change the holding breath to breathing out as that is the proper marksman principal :)

Maybe they should make two keys, one for breathing in, one for out. If you breath in wrong rythm your aim goes less accurate :D kiddin'

Anyways, what hapenned to the Ch47 you guys had in ACE1 mod? It was awesome! :cool: