Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Hey guys, I've been enjoying ACE 2 for a few weeks now, but I do have 1 question that will hopefully wont get me pelted with stones. I mostly play in single player mode and in 3rd person view, is there any way possible to bring back out the crosshair again? I would atleast like to have the option to turn it on or off atleast.

Thanks again, much appreciated!

Sorry I have another approach.

If dev contributes for some one else, 'some one else' goes to be a customer. It doesn't matter if application for free or not.

Since it, customers have rights to give some constructive criticism or just say what they don't like - and there is nothing wrong with it.

I am also software developer. Commercial and free ones. And I've never answered: "I do it for free so you have no rights to say that you don't like some".

It would be very arrogant. If I want my software to be used by customers, I have to do all I can to make them satisfied. EVEN IF I DO MY JOB FOR FREE.

Personaly makes me crazy if some one gives me possibility to use his software but in the middle of testing (which is part of customer work, costs time etc) I got answer that I can f* out rather than expect some improvements.

I can see such approach on PDA ROMs scene. Where there are about 50 custom ROMs for HTC HD, any one has bugs, most of devs gives not any change logs, version changes once a week and are released without any basic tests etc etc. And when I'm trying to ask for anything I got answer in your style.

It's all about respect each other. But for-free-software developer is not a holly cow.

PS. I also work for simracing. ;)

That's because it's more then a hobby, it's your JOB (even the free stuff, it's still the same as your paid job)

We are talking about modding of a game, on leizure time, as a hobby, by people who's usual work (if any) is not at all in the same area. And for a hobby, it takes a lot, lot, lot of work. And ACE team does an outstanding enough work and support to have the right to reply to whiny requests and posts as they wish.

In these very cases, "it's free, it requires tons of hours of work and you have done nothing to help but whine : you can go away" is a perfectly valid reply in my book.

They owe us nothing. Respect goes both ways, and Spoiled Whiny Children are not respectfull by the slightest margin

Edited by whisper

Hey guys, I've been enjoying ACE 2 for a few weeks now, but I do have 1 question that will hopefully wont get me pelted with stones. I mostly play in single player mode and in 3rd person view, is there any way possible to bring back out the crosshair again? I would atleast like to have the option to turn it on or off atleast.

Here you go bud... this one is free

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_ACE2

next time you will get some stones thrown at you for not taking the time to look for it yourself ;) Check out the first post.. there is a lot of helpful info there.

Afaik you can do it in userconfig.

...Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE

Open ace_clientside_config.hpp

Find this:

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - CROSSHAIRS

--------------------

FEATURES: Disables/Reduces crosshairs

---------

Possible selections as documented in ACE2 Wiki

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

#define ACE_NOCROSS

change "#define ACE_NOCROSS" to "//#define ACE_NOCROSS"

Cheers!

*edit*

Meatball was faster :D

This should get you pelted, as searching for crosshairs found me this...

I'll cast the second stone. ;)

(Unusual) Update, for Missions

Due to reported issues since RC4 and 5 for broken missions due to addon dependencies, we have released fixed missions, and an ACE Mission Fixer tool for your own custom missions!

Please review the Release Notes

Enjoy!

This is NOT a Mod Update, no six updater mod updates were released

Edited by Sickboy

For what exactly do i need the ACE Mission Fixer tool ?

Are just the original mission broken or all that are done with older ACE versions ?

Brit:

I just posted a number of pre-done inits for loading up units in the editor. I have them organized by type of unit (rifleman, sniper, CQB, MG, etc), most with rucks preloaded, and a number of plug-and-play parts to make it easy to use.

Simply copy to a .txt file and you're good to go!

Check here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=95842

Spot on! Buddy! just what i was looking for...thanks for the heads up

:bounce3:

It works for me if I set my graphics options to HIGH or better (which specific one I forget), on NORMAL or below they don't seem to show up.

I have the same issue, cartridges disappearing as soon as they hit the ground. Of course #define ACE_CARTRIDGES is not commented out in ace_clientside_config.hpp (I'm not that stupid). All video options set to very high but still no cartriges on ground.

I got a problem with NV´s again;-( just cant change brightness and its the normal Vanilla NV´s...

I had that problem one time allready and solved it with a CBA reinstall.

tried that again, didnt help..any ideas?thanks.

I have the same issue, cartridges disappearing as soon as they hit the ground. Of course #define ACE_CARTRIDGES is not commented out in ace_clientside_config.hpp (I'm not that stupid). All video options set to very high but still no cartriges on ground.

As long as Object Detail was High or Very High, even with every other option turned to off or low, they showed up (a couple times they didn't when I was changing settings, but sometimes the options don't seem to change until I switch maps).

I tried on a different profile, on accident, and it didn't work so maybe it has something to do with that... I'm assuming you have your class Identity set in the ace_clientside_config.hpp. That's my only guess why it didn't work in my other profile, although it might not even matter. Do other profiles even use the same userconfig folder?

Where's Manzilla when you need him... :)

Edited by Mosh
now i'm confused myself...

As a general request it would be nice to see some obvious gaps filled in the current US arsenal - as far as I can tell there is no basic M4A1 Aimpoint M203 or M16A4 Aimpoint M203. I know there's a SOCOM M4 that fits the description but that feels too Special Forces for a basic Army unit.

It's not a big deal and not really noticeable usually, but when creating a mission that needs balanced weapon options for different classes the lack becomes obvious, and is a bit difficult to get around.

Hello ACE2 Dev team, I didnt want to open a thread for my enquiry but im sure you guys would know, is it possible to rig new holding constraints/points (dont know if im wording it right), for example, fix the points where the hand holds a foregrip for like a small weapon like the CTAR, create new reload animations, and polish up the general postures with the weapons.

Also great job cant wait for a final release.

*takes the 1st stone hit....

Awesome find, Thank you very much good sir! :)

As a general request it would be nice to see some obvious gaps filled in the current US arsenal - as far as I can tell there is no basic M4A1 Aimpoint M203 or M16A4 Aimpoint M203. I know there's a SOCOM M4 that fits the description but that feels too Special Forces for a basic Army unit.

It's not a big deal and not really noticeable usually, but when creating a mission that needs balanced weapon options for different classes the lack becomes obvious, and is a bit difficult to get around.

And where do we put requests? They won't get addressed here.

And where do we put requests? They won't get addressed here.

I might just do that then. I thought it trivial enough to not want to start a ticket, but if the devs ignore requests made here I might as well.

I might just do that then. I thought it trivial enough to not want to start a ticket, but if the devs ignore requests made here I might as well.

There are 4000 posts in this thread, how likely is it that someone will happen to see such things here, or that they will remember to document it while trying to help the dozens that come here with questions about installing and running the mod? It's a matter of practicality, not wanting to ignore anyone. :)

I am aware Six-Updater now automatically starts up ArmA 2 after a update session unless you change the settings. On that note, how/where does Six-Updater saves its settings?

As of now I cannot save my readjusted settings (i.e. Install or Update), and yes, I did press Update. ;)

Something to do with "Install and launch game" action?

Got it now. I was looking for a config to adjust it, did't even think of checking the web interface :o

I am aware Six-Updater now automatically starts up ArmA 2 after a update session unless you change the settings. On that note, how/where does Six-Updater saves its settings?

As of now I cannot save my readjusted settings (i.e. Install or Update), and yes, I did press Update. ;)

Start the 'Six Updater - GUI',

wait for the browser to pop up,

select 'Main',

make your settings ('Install or Update' here)

and save it.