Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

K, the documentation and video links should be helpful: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

Otherwise I have packed @CBA_v0.3.0.80 for you.

Will release that officially soon too :)

Ah i'll give that packed CBA version a try now, i'll let you know what happens.

EDIT: it still doesn't work mate.. :(

Is it normal that the main menu has black background?

Edited by Sneeper

Sounds like an old version of ACE you've got there maybe?

The latest version is available on the Six Updater and Yoma Addon Sync.

We hope to release the Stable v1.0 version aswell soon (as normal installer), to move on towards v1.1.

With the latest ACE version, the selectplayer used on a soldier inside vehicle make you take its control but with the wrong animation. For example if you take control of a A10 pilot, you will take the control and see the cockpit for 0.25 sec the nyour pilot will stand up in the canopy and stay like that :(

I can't find where to download the latest ACE on there

Either of these should:

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_ACE2#How_do_I_use_the_ACE2_updater.3F_.28Quickstart_Guide.29

Kellys Heroes ACE Servers & YAS Repository updated to b.290

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper (Repo for Islands & other Mods)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

URLs are case sensitive (ie lowercase & uppercase matters). So make sure the Auto-Config-URL is entered exactly as above, otherwise may result in 404.

YAS users: Do not forget to perform "Delete Extra Files" procedure through YAS after updated.

United Global Armed Force [uGAF] @ACE Server & Yoma Addon Sync Repository updated to b.289

Auto config url:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Server/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link: http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=134&pid=591#post_591

Edited by Sickboy

tbh i would just rather download the latest ace files and install them myself..

Not possible. Just do a thread search for my post on the Six Updater installation. It's a piece of cake. Any other questions check the "search this thread" feature first. I guarantee 99% of your questions have been answered all ready.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

So this won't mess anything up since i already have ACE installed and all?

Not at all.

Hi, after i installed ACEX beta i cannot see the aiming point on 1st (soldier view) and 3rd view (entire body view), what can be happening?

Thanks.....

Check the DH bug tracker "feature" section, I think it's been requested. If not, you should open a ticket since it will never get addressed here.

Until then there's this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6817

There's also an fnc_ballistics and fnc_scopes but I couldn't find it at that site. It the one I use now. I've used the MEU version as well. There's a ton of options for reticles there.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I am new so wasn't sure where they did the feature requests

I ran the Six updater and it downloaded and installed some things but my problem is still the same..

Hellfires, right?

Describe how youre attempting to fire them, please.

e.g. Cobra or Apache, LOBL/LOAL, AGM114K or AGM114L, laser designator on or off. Etc.

Edited by TimRiceSE

Hellfires, right?

Describe how youre attempting to fire them, please.

e.g. Cobra or Apache, LOBL/LOAL, AGM114K or AGM114L, laser designator on or off. Etc.

Cobra, i select the hellfires, i select my target which is a tank and i wait untill i get the visual indication it's locked and i fire, they just fly straight ahead like ffar's

EDIT: i'm going to totally reinstall ACE with Six updater, what do you recommend ACE mod vanilla, ACE mod official beta patch or beta official beta patch?

Edited by Sneeper

Cobra, i select the hellfires, i select my target which is a tank and i wait untill i get the visual indication it's locked and i fire, they just fly straight ahead like ffar's

EDIT: i'm going to totally reinstall ACE with Six updater, what do you recommend ACE mod vanilla, ACE mod official beta patch or beta official beta patch?

Ok, youre doing this as the pilot via manual fire right?

Use the ACE Mod Vanilla config btw.

Edit:

I believe its meant to be so that a single person cannot operate the attack choppers alone, they should have a gunner and this avoids the 'tab - fire, tab - fire, tab - fire' nonsense that you can get in vanilla ArmA2.

Basically, you will only get a hit if the missile is launched by someone in the "Gunner" position. Be that a human (i.e. you or a buddy) or AI.

If its AI in the gunner seat, simply make them switch to the hellfire missile (ctrl + f default to cycle through weapon types), and give them an order to attack the target.

If you're in the gunner seat its a little more complicated.

AGM114K's are laser guided and require the laser designator turned ON to paint the target, which must be left on until the missile hits.

AGM114L's are radar guided and fire and forget. Lock onto the target in the same way as usual vanilla ArmA2 i.e. right click / tab. Fire and forget.

LOBL - "Lock on before launch" mode is the simplest mode of operation. Paint or lock the target before launching.

LOAL-DIR - "Lock on after launch - direct" mode launches the hellfire which flies at "low" altitude (read : lower than the "Low" mode) and seeks for its target information after launching. For all LOAL modes the target should be locked in or painted very soon after launching to maximise the chance that the missile will hit the target.

LOAL-LOW - "Lock on after launch - low" mode launches the hellfire which flies at slightly higher altitude and seeks its target designation after launching. For all LOAL modes the target should be locked in or painted very soon after launching to maximise the chance that the missile will hit the target.

LOAL-HI - "Lock on after launch - high" mode launches the hellfire which flies at a high altitude and seeks its target designation after launching. For all LOAL modes the target should be locked in or painted very soon after launching to maximise the chance that the missile will hit the target.

Hope this helps clear up if theres any confusion. I actually havent tried the AGM114L Longbow Hellfires which are equipped on the AH64D in any of the LOAL modes, however - I dont think they work, probably intended?

Edited by TimRiceSE

Ok, youre doing this as the pilot via manual fire right?

I fully reinstalled the mod and it works now, the first time i downloaded it on Armaholic, it must have been a old version.

The Six updater could not even properly update it so a reinstall was required.

I can now succesfully fire the Hellfire missle.

Btw is the only way to select a target by pressing 2? (I'm quite sure the "next target" aka tab by default is removed)

Also, is this mod compatible with SLX?

Do you need a external soundcard to properly use the HIFI sounds?

Oh and are some units from vanilla ArmA 2 removed?

Edited by Sneeper

I fully reinstalled the mod and it works now, the first time i downloaded it on Armaholic, it must have been a old version.

The Six updater could not even properly update it so a reinstall was required.

I can now succesfully fire the Hellfire missle.

Btw is the only way to select a target by pressing 2? (I'm quite sure the "next target" aka tab by default is removed)

Glad it works.

To be honest when flying with an AI gunner and I want to assign him a target I usually select him (f2) then freelook at the target and select, eg, "Attack T72" from the command menu.

Ive had trouble making the AI Gunner fire when selecting using the 2 (target) menu... Tried with Fire and Open Fire command from the 3 (Engage) menu but that doesnt seem to have any effect, so I just use the previously mentioned method.

Awesome indeed!

Glad it works.

To be honest when flying with an AI gunner and I want to assign him a target I usually select him (f2) then freelook at the target and select, eg, "Attack T72" from the command menu.

Ive had trouble making the AI Gunner fire when selecting using the 2 (target) menu... Tried with Fire and Open Fire command from the 3 (Engage) menu but that doesnt seem to have any effect, so I just use the previously mentioned method.

I usually use 2 (target) menu, and then ctrl + left mouse click, to give him the "Fire!" command :)

Awesome indeed!

I usually use 2 (target) menu, and then ctrl + left mouse click, to give him the "Fire!" command :)

Ok copy that :)

Btw, is this mod compatible with SLX?

Do you need a external soundcard to properly use the HIFI sounds?

Oh and are some units from vanilla ArmA 2 removed?

Thanks for the help so far guys!

Awesome indeed!

Yes, that works great! :o ;D

Hmm now i can't seem to take down any tanks.

I'm in an AH atack chopper and i'm engaging a T72

I shot about 4 hellfire missles on it which all hit it and it was still as far as i could tell in perfect shape..

I did notice the hellfires flew up high and then hit it from above, is that a bad way to take out tanks?

So i assume my AI gunner is using "LOAL-HI - "Lock on after launch - high" mode launches the hellfire which flies at a high altitude and seeks its target designation after launching.

For all LOAL modes the target should be locked in or painted very soon after launching to maximise the chance that the missile will hit the target."

How can i make him use another LOAL?

Thanks in advance, the mod probably works as it should and i'm just missing something please help me out.

Edited by Sneeper

chances are the target was destroyed, but there was no "catastrophic" destruction and explosions etc. If possible try inspect it closely, it should show signs of being heavily damaged. Vehicles dont always make a big boom with ACE. A top attack is standard for hellfires afaik.

I dont believe the AI gunners use the different LOBL/LOAL modes, they basically use it as if it was vanilla arma2 for them. I could be wrong...

Edited by TimRiceSE

chances are the target was destroyed, but there was no "catastrophic" destruction and explosions etc. If possible try inspect it closely, it should show signs of being heavily damaged. Vehicles dont always make a big boom with ACE. A top attack is standard for hellfires afaik.

I dont believe the AI gunners use the different LOBL/LOAL modes, they basically use it as if it was vanilla arma2 for them. I could be wrong...

Heh it was still shooting at me like it just rolled out of the factory lol..

Something isn't right i'm afraid.. :(

I think the hellfires are exploding above the T72 instead of hitting it on top.

What's up with that?

Edited by Sneeper