Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

What update 2 hrs ago? You mean RC7 released around 6:00pm GMT?(6 hrs before your post) That didn't fix the issue you quoted. According to Sickboy in said quote, that fix will appear in the next update.

The other update he posted about is for Six Updater and that has nothing to do with ACE2 development. Separate projects.

Sys_spectator: Joy for mission makers, debuggers, testers, etc. [sickboy]

What exactly is this and how is it used?

Thank you. Yes, explain someone. Great joy! ;)

EDIT:

These may be it?

http://dev-heaven.net/docs/ace/files/sys_cleaner/fnc_add2clean-sqf.html#ACE_fnc_add2Clean

http://dev-heaven.net/docs/ace/files/sys_cleaner/fnc_add2fifo-sqf.html#ACE_fnc_add2Fifo

http://dev-heaven.net/docs/ace/files/sys_cleaner/fnc_add2sfifo-sqf.html#ACE_fnc_add2sfifo

But I don't really know what they do. I can read what it says but I don't get it. An example in a mission with this stuff in it would be appreciated.

Edited by Manzilla

The add2Clean and add2Fifo functions lets you control for how long or how many iterations of an object class can stay in game.

For example if you add [_ShellCrater, 600] to add2Clean, any crater object will be removed 600 seconds after it was created. If you use that code with add2Fifo, there will be 600 craters allowed at any one time, and if there's a 601st the first created crater will be deleted.

But they've got nothing to do with the spectator scripts, I'm afraid :)

It's spectating where you can switch between units and watch them (camera).

You can start it like this:

handle = [] spawn { call ace_sys_spectator_fnc_startSpectator }

But please wait for wednesday release as I've fixed quite a lot of bugs last night.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Why are you actually not working together with SOLUS and his SLX mod?

Would be soo cool to have some features of SLX into ace and in onlinegaming.

like knifes, bayonets, deathanimations, wounding animations, AI fixes, many more

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84968

Edited by KrAziKilla

How come the ACE_PLA solider's neck problems hasn't been revised? Today I asked Mr.Fromz who said the update patch has been given to you guys(ACE team) long time ago. So pls pay attention to this.

And I suggest to get rid of the seperate ACE_PLA folder, just put all the PLA stuff into the ACEX, but keep its attribute of "independent" units.

Thanks all you great guys!

SLX runs just fine with ACE. No need to over complicate things, when they just work fine together out of the box :)

How come the ACE_PLA solider's neck problems hasn't been revised? Today I asked Mr.Fromz who said the update patch has been given to you guys(ACE team) long time ago. So pls pay attention to this.

And I suggest to get rid of the seperate ACE_PLA folder, just put all the PLA stuff into the ACEX, but keep its attribute of "independent" units.

Thanks all you great guys!

The fixes Fromz applied, as I wrote a week ago, are already included in ACEX_PLA since 24-12-2009.

Any change he uploads, will be included with build next time.

As it seems now, Fromz spoke with us a couple of hours ago, and uploaded proper/new fixes. To be included in the next update cycle.

We're not going to add PLA to ACEX.

Edited by Sickboy

just a quick question/request about the kestrel 4500

where can i get ingame (what kind of supply box is it in)

i know you get it default when you play as a spotter, but thats a pain

online i have been able to buy one in the certain games so i was wondering if its just not in a box in game, if it is were is it and if its not could that maby be in the next upgrade (in special weapons creates or somthing??)

just a quick question/request about the kestrel 4500

where can i get ingame (what kind of supply box is it in)

i know you get it default when you play as a spotter, but thats a pain

online i have been able to buy one in the certain games so i was wondering if its just not in a box in game, if it is were is it and if its not could that maby be in the next upgrade (in special weapons creates or somthing??)

Most probably the ACE US Special Weapons box.

Added to the special box for next update.

Sorry guys, reverted that. The idea is that special items are only available by default to their specific use classes, like Spotters.

As mission maker you have full authority of course.

Edited by Sickboy

cheers mate, your a legend thank you so much

edit: whats the eta on the next update??

NP. Plz See first post for links to all our info resources incl update schedule.

edit: whats the eta on the next update??

Wow, for once this ridiculous question can actually be answered!

'ey guys.

We finally converted ourself to ACE. Cool

But then, during the testing, there's that one question that thrills me... why US Army models have goggles already on them? Now try to get the goggles from the box and put them on and see how bad it looks...

Btw last time we tried (v290?) the chopper dust (UH60) didn't blinded anyone without gogs (standard MARPAT soldiers). And lastly, is there any chance You could arm Ruskies with AK-74M? By default of course.

Edited by JonPL

hello

today i found a problem with six uptader. i launched it to uptade ACE2 and the six uptader windows popped up

87444102.th.jpg

after this windows is going to shut down and web client isnt appear...what is going on?:)

Hint: Try the latest version. (And try it next time first too, before report :D)

Nice babe on your desktop btw ;)

Edited by Sickboy

geez mate, sorry for that. im downloading last six-uptader already:P

Since Ace changes so much gameplay (especially with regards to difficulty), how does that affect the settings I set in "Game options"? For instance, in Vanilla Arma2 at the regular difficulty level I went into the profile file and manually edited the AI accuracy down to just 0.3 so I'd have a good chance of survival plus firefights would last longer. Does ACE still use all the settings from the original AI profile or does it user a new one?

Thank you :)

Hi guys... i don't know if this is the right place but anyway...i'm not able to fastrope my units from the editor nor use ravlift module...

i put an mh60 in the editor(i'm the pilot)with some Ai in the cargo space,i put also an Humvee and te module for rav lifting...Now when i take off i have no option to deploy ropes nor by flying exactly above the hummer to lift it up...

How i am supposed to do?

Thx for help and sorry for my bad english

I believe you need to put ropes into the chopper - theres an ammo crate for them.

i dont want to ask for the releasedate, but..

is it worth installing entire ACE again, or does patience allow to wait for 1.0 soon?:)

Since Ace changes so much gameplay (especially with regards to difficulty), how does that affect the settings I set in "Game options"? For instance, in Vanilla Arma2 at the regular difficulty level I went into the profile file and manually edited the AI accuracy down to just 0.3 so I'd have a good chance of survival plus firefights would last longer. Does ACE still use all the settings from the original AI profile or does it user a new one?

Thank you :)

The old BI methods of changing accuracy still work. With ACE, you probably want to increase accuracy. The ACE default values make for good long firefights, until you get in a Mexican standoff with a Spetsnaz marksman and realize that he shoots like someone with Parkinson's.

hey you guys, we still love ACE ! its making the game verry realistic, and we all love the way how to update/install with sixupdate verry easy to use !!

but that is not going away when final version arrive ?

and damm 314,875 vieuws in this topic :yay: