Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Please let us know when the update is available on Six Updater Suite

OH-58D Kiowa Warrior Reconnaissance / Attack Helicopter

This helo is the eyes and ears of Apache/Cobra attack helos. I think that ACE team would do such a great thing if they add this. Imagine how great would be a coop mission like Air Cav with this two helos at same time searching and destroying armors and infantry cleaning out cities... :yay::yay:

ACE already has one in progress.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/7846#note-7

I think the power of the Javelin needs some work.

I've lost count of the number of times I hit a tank and it just drives off when clearly it shouldn't.

You realize that tank had 2 tons of TNT inside it, right? The javelin is a HEAT warhead, which means that the only thing it does is shoot a jet of hot iron through the armor. If the tank blows up, it's a secondary explosion from the ammo, and that T-72 only has enough to blow the turret off.

Edited by W0lle
quoted video... again

OH-58D Kiowa Warrior Reconnaissance / Attack Helicopter

This helo is the eyes and ears of Apache/Cobra attack helos. I think that ACE team would do such a great thing if they add this. Imagine how great would be a coop mission like Air Cav with this two helos at same time searching and destroying armors and infantry cleaning out cities... :yay::yay:

And where do we add a request? It's pointless to add here as it will get ignored by the Devs. Good idea though. :)

Here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues/new

You realize that tank had 2 tons of TNT inside it, right? The javelin is a HEAT warhead, which means that the only thing it does is shoot a jet of hot iron through the armor. If the tank blows up, it's a secondary explosion from the ammo, and that T-72 only has enough to blow the turret off.

yep this is the real effect

javelin can disable a tank,not blow it up

I know this has been talked to death, but I wanted to enquire about the stamina system and add my own two cents. A player on our server claimed he blacked out for the entire game after walking with an RPG for 200m. I suspect he is exaggerating, but his complaint was that recovery seemed to take a very long time.

My guess is that the stamina is modeled as a quadratic/exponent; push yourself twice as hard and you have to rest four times as long. How about an upper limit to fatigue as a global parameter? Or exposing the fatigue/recovery variables?

I am also curious what the plans are for the wounding/healing system. I personally like the idea of truly needing a medic. Players should be able to morphine/epi themselves and reduce minor bleeding, but a medic should be required to heal all serious wounds. At present it feels like players can survive nearly anything if a buddy has some morph, epi and a bandage.

Edited by Mr.Peanut

A.C.E Release Candidate 7 Released! (rSync mirror network in sync and awaiting your requests!)

Enjoy! :cool:

How to install A.C.E.

Sweet, will try it out right now, thanks mate!

Btw what mods are recommended to be used with ACE, CBA, ACEX, ACEX_SM, ACEXpla and hifi's?

Edited by Sneeper

stalling while trying servers again... thekillingtime to be precise .. are the repos being updated since the release message?

Killingtime is on pull every 20 mins, but should have been updated when I posted the release message.

I would recommend disabling it if you keep having issues. I'll try to improve the situation in the near future.

Have you guys also updated the software lately? There were new rSync binaries added to the setup, and people report less or no stalls with it (yet).

Edited by Sickboy

United Global Armed Force [uGAF] @ACE Server & Yoma Addon Sync Repository updated to b.298

Auto config url:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Server/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link: http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=134&pid=591#post_591

Thank you for mirroring! Hmm, the last times you were quicker than Kelly Heroes and I have been unfaithful to Kelly Heros and updated through your server. How come you are quicker?

Does anyone know if there are any mods that are recommended to be used with ACE, CBA, ACEX, ACEX_SM, ACEXpla and hifi's?

United Global Armed Force [uGAF] @ACE Server & Yoma Addon Sync Repository updated to b.298

Auto config url:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Server/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link: http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=134&pid=591#post_591

Yay, another server to update with on Yoma. :)

Thanks for mirroring. (I get faster download speeds here too)

Thank you for mirroring! Hmm, the last times you were quicker than Kelly Heroes and I have been unfaithful to Kelly Heros and updated through your server. How come you are quicker?

We are;

1-updating KH-ACE Repo

2-updating KH-Community Repo

3-Updating 2 YAS mirrors thru FTP

;)

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Kellys Heroes ACE Servers & YAS Repository updated to b.298

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper (Repo for Islands & other Mods)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

URLs are case sensitive (ie lowercase & uppercase matters). So make sure the Auto-Config-URL is entered exactly as above, otherwise may result in 404.

YAS users: Do not forget to perform "Delete Extra Files" procedure through YAS after updated.

Does anyone know if there are any mods that are recommended to be used with ACE, CBA, ACEX, ACEX_SM, ACEXpla and hifi's?

Just go to ArmAholic.com A2 news and search the news after say early December 2009.(so a couple months).

http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?c=news_arma_2

Some Mods "will work" with ACE2 but just a few actually have ACE2 configs.

For this kinda thing you really gotta try and see for yourself since many Mods can be compatible but they need tweaking in the configs included with them.(GL4 for example, it's compatible but some features overlap.)

A new SLX was just released and it's been tested with ACE2 by the author. Most stuff made with CBA should work too. There is no official list and most people only know about what they've tried themselves.

Don't keep spamming for answers. We saw it the first time. Most people won't answer this cause it's not really possible to answer at this point.

Edited by Manzilla

Hi.

It's it possible that you may change the @CBA folder to something else, like @ACE_CBA since you have change almost all the files and there is still some mods out there that required @CBA (v.0.30) like SLX mod. Not user if SLX mod can use your modified @CBA.

Just an idea :)

Hi.

It's it possible that you may change the @CBA folder to something else, like @ACE_CBA since you have change almost all the files and there is still some mods out there that required @CBA (v.0.30) like SLX mod. Not user if SLX mod can use your modified @CBA.

Just an idea :)

But then the CBA in ace would not get updated to current version, right?

What about other mods that use CBA? Should they all have their own version? That would defeat the whole CBA idea if each mod requires its own version.

The way I see it there are two ways out:

- ask CBA authors for backwards compatibility with their old Betas... yea, right

- update SLX.

I saw on TV the other day an Apache pilot controlling a little bird from his own chopper (the apache). I don't remember any specifics. Will this be implemented in the future? Sorry I don't know how to work devheaven to look it up myself :p

Hi.I here first time so i dont know what about talk here so..

ACE2 realy cool better than in first arma.

BUT at 25% did arma slow.And i tired watch when my T-90 blow from 1 shot ??????

may be you finaly do somehing with it? Yes you do Shtora but fix it please.

I very hope. Thank alot for ACE.

A new SLX was just released and it's been tested with ACE2 by the author. Most stuff made with CBA should work too. There is no official list and most people only know about what they've tried themselves.

Don't keep spamming for answers. We saw it the first time. Most people won't answer this cause it's not really possible to answer at this point.

Ok will do and yeah sometimes when i get something in my mind i can be a bit impatient, sorry.

MissileGuidance

So much effort went in there, and still 1 bug snuck in... Already nailed for next update.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9360#note-5

CBA

There is no ACE CBA, there's only Stable (released) CBA, and the ongoing development CBA, available on the Six Updater.

New features, changes and fixes are applied to the ongoing development and once it's considered ready/stable, it is officially released again as the next version.

Each CBA version tries to uphold backwards compatibility with the previous releases, unless there is a really good reason for breaking it.

Maybe the incompatibilities could be reported, so that I could resolve the issues where possible.

Edited by Sickboy