Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Installed Six Updater.

From scratch downloaded @ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

When I launch I get 'Addon 'ace_c_vehicle' requires 'CA_AH64D'

I'm not using Arma Beta patch.

I have a running version of 1.05.

Any solution?

You are not running the BETA but im sure you have at some point used the BETA UNINSTALLER that is/was located in your ARMA2 root directory. It came with all beta's even the last one. However it does not work properly with the latest patch and it will mess up your game if used.

Only solution is to reinstall the whole game and apply the patches again (keep your downloaded addon folders though). Install the beta after that so you have it. Just remember to never touch the beta uninstaller. The beta folder works like an addon - you can remove it by deleting it by hand.

please someone help, where are these ace test missions you talk of?

where can i find them??

You can find them under the multiplayer missions - not amongst the single player ones, where I started looking as well :)

You can find them under the multiplayer missions - not amongst the single player ones, where I started looking as well :)

I found the zip file of multiplayer missions but I dont see a mission called ACE_Demo1

Had a similar problem like Wastelander's some versions earlier.

SIX-updater finished update but didn't unpack the updated versions, a second run and SIX-updater unpacked the files and update was ready.

Mine is working now...

Didnt delete/change anything in SIX...

Just a time thing ? Who knows ....

Working now that's the main thing :-)

My serverconfig and key files are outdated, but there aren't any new ones in the Store.

My serverconfig and key files are outdated, but there aren't any new ones in the Store.

They are in @ACE\store\userconfig.tar.

ive searched but can not find an answer

since updating ACE i can no longer make my independant units friendly to opfor

is it possible to fix this ?

best wishes shark-attack

hmm...

- there are no vehicle destruction/wrecks visible after they got hit by a bomb eg GBU12 (tested with latest A2 betapatch on Utes with a group of tanks, FR FAC and different aircrafts)

- if the player's unit has a handgun (teamleader,FAC etc) he automatically switches to his pistol at mission start/preview :confused:

- afterburner dont work like they should (no acceleration/boost)

- AI gunner in SU-34: isn't able to aim and hit with Kh-29L (not with tabbing and not via action menu "2")

- Su-25: if lase (Kh-29L) is active it should inform the player which target got locked

- still you can shoot with Metis launcher or you can place a tripod (warhead will disappear then)

Suggestions:

- make some different crater variants, perhaps some bigger ones so vehicles can stay in the center

- test all of your work at least in the editor with simple scenarios - sometimes you don't see issues if you're only playing with ACE2 ;)

Just wondering if this is normal -

All the sound commands (like when i give orders) or when i receive responces from my solders are 'silent'. Ergo - i gotta read the text on the screen to see whats going on instead of listening to the voice feedback. Is this intended or am i somehwo bugged?

Also... the AI takes around 20sec to respond to my commands. Is this also intended? As in... slow down the pace of combat?

Edited by erazor

Its a setting in your user config ,if you look you can enable it but it's default is disabled hence the reason they are silent in your game :)

They are in @ACE\store\userconfig.tar.

That folder is already empty. I used the files in an earlier release and they don't appear to have been replenished.

In case I have misplaced something, where should the serverconfig and key files be placed?

That folder is already empty. I used the files in an earlier release and they don't appear to have been replenished.

In case I have misplaced something, where should the serverconfig and key files be placed?

The info TonyGrunt gave you is correct. Theyre now in a .tar archive. @ACE\Store\userconfig.tar

How do you get the fast roping to work ,it's been bugging me

thanks in advance :)

Put out the rope box. Pick up a rope/several ropes. Get into a helicopter. When at the altitude of the rope length you have - scroll action menu and voila.

Thanks !! I thought it had to do with those ropes in the ammo box:thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:41 ----------

Another question,

What is the sling rope for ?

C'mon guys,

Is there some function related with callup an (ai) soldier with ace menu from some distance, or it is just cosmetic msg. like "Hey James Brown come over here".

I mean, if this exist it would be cool to work as like - Hey James Brown if your arse isn't next to me in two second I'm gonna bust you up so badly that your momma ... censored :/

Yup, voice commands work that way, "shoot", for instance, you just have to be little "creative" :), but that is another story.

So, back to main, is this "callup" is going to work with ai in sp, or it will stay like msg.?

Updating Ace is the first thing next to morning sex.

thanks

What is the sling rope for ?

RAV Lifter Module. To transport stuff hanging in the helos.

arma22010011122245414.th.jpg

Question: Players weight affects parachute control\fall rate?

seems my problem was mission (s) specific and not ace related ... works just fine if i set up two friendly patrols .

sorry for the duff post :o

When ACE comes out of beta will there be a normal installation or will the downloader still be necessary?

CaptainBravo: Please make sure you have the latest CBA version (that is available on the Six Updater Suite).

If still problems please create a ticket with your arma2.rpt attached, (after running into the problem)

I have the latest ACE CBA and still same issue with HC. I will attach arma2.rpt.

Now ..

Anyone know how I can find arma2.rpt to attach for bug report? :confused:

I just found the stretcher in the magic box, and figured out how to pick it up and move it around (being able to drag it on your own is a really nice touch, by the way), but I'm loss as to how you're meant to use it to carry people. Any takers?

I just found the stretcher in the magic box, and figured out how to pick it up and move it around (being able to drag it on your own is a really nice touch, by the way), but I'm loss as to how you're meant to use it to carry people. Any takers?

Just drag someone who is unconscious near the stretcher and load him into the stretcher (you get an action menu entry when you are near the stretcher while dragging).

You can "unload" the unit with the interaction menu.

Xeno