Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

ok reinstalled A2 and ACE mod and got the spotting scope to work now, tho i have to say its very disappointing when using the sight it viewed as binos could of put a bit more effort in to make it a spotting scope and viewed like a spotting scope! so really i made all tht effort for nothing:(

Well you know what they say ..

"If a jobs worth doing, its worth .... " *and fill the blank* :)

let me say that the ace team has done a very good job with this mod. and with the updater working as it should, even for me, I must say it is the system I've always dreamed about, updating your mods and addons without having to dl them over and over again, thank you guys for that.

but I've got some questions as well: I was playing the harvest red campaign the other day, and noticed that the osprey that is supposed to drop you off at manhattan crashes into trees without delivering you. happens all the time, so my question is: is there a way to fix it? or could you guys have a look at it, since it only happens with ace.

the next thing I wanted to ask is: in ace1 there was a special forces hmmwv, will it have a comeback? please, please!

ok reinstalled A2 and ACE mod and got the spotting scope to work now, tho i have to say its very disappointing when using the sight it viewed as binos could of put a bit more effort in to make it a spotting scope and viewed like a spotting scope! so really i made all tht effort for nothing:(

lol I was going to mention that when I got it to work for me.

A bug report has been filed :)

It's not a bug. It's supposed to be that way I believe. I'm pretty sure it's so it doesn't over write the files and screw up your current config. It's easiest if I can open both and make sure every thing is the same plus the new stuff that may be added to it by the update.

as im left handed, i use the arrows keys for movements, but when firing AT this becomes hard as going forward with AT in hand changes the range... is there a way i can change it to W for range up and S for range down? as i dont use them? cheers

as im left handed, i use the arrows keys for movements, but when firing AT this becomes hard as going forward with AT in hand changes the range... is there a way i can change it to W for range up and S for range down? as i dont use them? cheers

userconfig/ACE2/ace_keys.hpp

That should do it. That's got the range up/range down key selection.

Make sure you are looking in the main directory for the userconfig folder.

Hi, I haven't updated Ace in a while and am running version 1.203 and Six Updater 2.2 and can no longer update.

Never had a problem before, but when I pressed 2 to Update, it asked me if I wanted to uninstall a 'Gem' I believe, which not thinking anything of it pressed Y for ok. Now it says that there is nothing to Update and when I press 1, no longer goes to the Six portal.

Any quick tips how to get up and running again :o

@ Manzilla - Not sure if it's a 'bug' or feature they've yet to implement but I thought I'd file it anyway. It doesn't look like they've meant for this to happen so I thought it worthwhile sending some feedback on. Probably should have mentioned why I sent it earlier.

@ Froggyluv - the same thing happened to me earlier. Download the new version of the installer here and replace your existing version. Not sure if you need to uninstall the old one first. I did it just to be on the safe side.

me and my mate tried to play ACE domination tonight and it was a disaster, Not all Ace's fault mind.

First I could connect to some servers he couldn't, no meaningful error msg, just "Failed to Connect". The we found a server where we both could join, then "Lost connection" - server crashed after about 15 minutes.

Then we tried another one, same thing server crash.

Then he could get onto some of the servers he couldn't before, so we joined one of them. I had already joined this server, so now I had the "fire" bug...then the server crashed a short time later.

This has been going on for a while now, I feel that ACE(Dom) servers seem to crash a lot more than vanilla Arma2(Dom) servers. Is this the experience for everyone?

And the Fire bug, who needs to fix this, Dom mission creator or BIS? My guess is BIS, but I see no bug report posted for it anywhere.

@Manzilla

Thanks for the information. I was editing the @ACE folder, the userconfig file in there, that is wrong. You must edit the Userconfig folder in the main arma directory.

@Manzilla

Thanks for the information. I was editing the @ACE folder, the userconfig file in there, that is wrong. You must edit the Userconfig folder in the main arma directory.

Glad to help bud. Enjoy! :)

@ Froggyluv - the same thing happened to me earlier. Download the new version of the installer here and replace your existing version. Not sure if you need to uninstall the old one first. I did it just to be on the safe side.

This worked for me too. Wasnt able to update.

Yes this is what i posted about a while back as i was suffering from the same thing.

You are apparently supposed to read the instructions properlly :rolleyes:

Regardless, i had my HD fail yesterday and spent last night installing a new one, plus i took the opertunity of upgrading the Win7.

Figuring i would not want to annoy the elite with my bumbling pc skills while reinstalling Arma 2 from scratch, i could not remember how i even set it all up, i thought i would follow the instructions yet again, because i was told i only had to look at them for 5 mins to work it all out.

QuickInstall

Check out the video! or use the so called "Lazy Method".

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2#Videos-Web-Client

What video ?

ATTENTION!

To everyone that plays ACE2 along CAA1.

If you discovered that BMP2s don't have any 9K113 Konkurs missiles, it's a config mess between ACE and OAC_Core. ACE mod removed the vanilla 8 round AT-5 magazine and replaces them with five individual ACE_AT5 magazine, and OAC config enforces the vanilla 8 round mag.

In order to give the rockets back to them one must write into the init line the next:

this addMagazine "8Rnd_AT5_BMP2"

Again only if you using ACE 2 and CAA1 (and OAC of course) at the same time.

Lifting boxes with RAVEN's lift module gives white wires. but lifting a UAZ, EMERY's Buggys etc also uses those white lines. Wonder what the difference is from a UAZ and a hummer since the latter will get proper & texured wires? Is the UAZ class a box and not a car lol?

How do you use Raven's lift module? I have tried multiple helo's with no success. I have even tried putting

null = this execVM "\RAV_Lifter\InitAir.sqf"

in the init box of the chopper, (as a last resort) still no joy. Could someone let me know how this works please.

Edit] Nevermind I didn't realise it was a module DUH!!!!! [end edit]

SD

Edited by Soupdragon
I'm a numpty

do u realize why ace updates the userconfigs like this ??

do u like to re-enter all your keys everytime u get a new update....

Yes I realise, but it's not working for me correctly, hence filing a report. If you disagree, just vote it down over there.

I wouldn't really enjoy having to re-enter all the keys either, not sure why you thought I would... and I'm aware they deliberately don't update the ACE_keys file, so as to not reset user defined controls. However, it's not adding new keybindings, which is an issue. look at the Dev Heaven thread - they said they're looking in the future to make it prompt the user for outdated configs.

Yes I realise, but it's not working for me correctly, hence filing a report. If you disagree, just vote it down over there.

I wouldn't really enjoy having to re-enter all the keys either, not sure why you thought I would... and I'm aware they deliberately don't update the ACE_keys file, so as to not reset user defined controls. However, it's not adding new keybindings, which is an issue. look at the Dev Heaven thread - they said they're looking in the future to make it prompt the user for outdated configs.

ok so u get the configs in the @ACE folder but their exact same as in userconfig folder no lines added in the files what so ever?...