Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

I seriously don't care about "game balance".

This is a simulation, not an arcade. In real life, no militaries play fair and balanced. Its always having that overwhelming edge that wins! That's the US army! i did some more research... the M1A1's armor is light years ahead of the T-72. Too bad for those who play head to head using russian side but that's reality for you there.

I seriously don't care about "game balance".

This is a simulation, not an arcade. In real life, no militaries play fair and balanced. Its always having that overwhelming edge that wins! That's the US army! i did some more research... the M1A1's armor is light years ahead of the T-72. Too bad for those who play head to head using russian side but that's reality for you there.

Exactly people here are too use to balanced and fair play.

Come on this is war, nothing is fair!

Cant wait until the actual release of the MOD, see waiting for it to get out of Beta, have very crappy internet connection for downloading.

How close is ACE from getting out of beta? Been noticing most of the low ping servers are now dropping ACE until the beta is over.

currently in RC stage now as of the last few updates, so it's close.

How close is ACE from getting out of beta? Been noticing most of the low ping servers are now dropping ACE until the beta is over.

Check out their roadmap in devheaven. Estimated timings are all there.

I just tried that and i stll receive the "invalid crew civilian crew" error.

Any more help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Well "invalid crew" doesnt sound like it has to do with userconfig files(?). Sounds more like your missing an addon or part of it. Is that when you just start the game or is it in a mission? Do you have ALL addons updated to very latest?

I think this one is for the ACE team to help you with if everything else failed. Im updating ACE plus using a lot of other addons (even all my friends) and we have never encounter this problem. Apart from ages ago pre ACE2 (ArmA1) where we used addons that required other addons with the crew units. So check that all your addons are up to date. Only help i can give im afraid.

Well thanks for the help anyway at least i can get an opinion of what to do. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

I just tried that and i stll receive the "invalid crew civilian crew" error.

Any more help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by kMaN_(KYA)

I am not having the issue but two of our teammates updated their ACE, ACEX, ACE_PLA, ACE_SM & CBA using Yoma's Addon Sync and now they cannot load ARMA 2 with the ACE 2 mod activated. They both get an error that says, "arma2 invalid crew civilian" and there game crashes to desktop.

I have searched the ACE dev forums but didn't find anything on it.

***Update***

The guys that were having the issues were using Yoma's were updating the ACE userconfig files. The new one had read "//#define ACE_NOINTRO" which caused their game to crash with the error arma2 invalid crew civilian.

They changed the first entry in the ACE userconfig to "#define ACE_NOINTRO" and their came loaded with no problems.

Search for what? radio sound? voices? and to find it on the wiki you need to divine ACE's wordchoice in the config. definenovoice? what else could it be?

First post has 22 links and nothing about voices.

Ok Mr. smarty pants.... how about looking at the first post and lets see that question seems pretty simple and using ones mind would probably think others have had the same issue... so how bout looking under the "Frequently Asked Questions" link.

or even better let me spoon feed you a little.....

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_ACE2#How_do_change_the_amount_of_chatter_from_the_AI.3F

Ok Mr. smarty pants.... how about looking at the first post and lets see that question seems pretty simple and using ones mind would probably think others have had the same issue... so how bout looking under the "Frequently Asked Questions" link.

or even better let me spoon feed you a little.....

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_ACE2#How_do_change_the_amount_of_chatter_from_the_AI.3F

Those are frequently asked questions. The voices are more like an always asked question, since most clientside tweaks usually start off and most players can accomplish it with the ingame audio options, so it seems like a glitch.

How do you want to balance that if one team starts with a tank which gets destroyed with the first hit and the other team has 5x more armor as a standard tank ? Is this anyhow balanced ?

The Abrams is vastly superior to the T-72, that's a fact, it has nothing to do with "balancing" of the units, a gamey concept that has no relevance for a simulation type game.

Balancing in Arma is up to the mission designer. For instance, you could balance your mission by putting in a larger number of T-72:s, or give that side some other advantages to compensate for it being a much weaker tank.

Edited by Johan S

Rid of command view and 3rd person, these options should be disabled by default in ACE, as they lack realism.

No thanks. These are needed for singleplayer due to lack of proper communications with the AI, and for singleplayer and multiplayer mission editing and testing.

Some also prefer 3rd person in certain vehicles due to lack of visual data that in real life would be easy to obtain, i.e. turret direction but you can't because you're forced into optics view. These issues should be addressed first.

I hate 3rd person as well, because of the "cheats" it enables. But I wouldn't want this to become forced, unless mission driven.

The Abrams is vastly superior to the T-72, that's a fact, it has nothing to do with "balancing" of the units, a gamey concept that has no relevance for a simulation type game.

Balancing in Arma is up to the mission designer. For instance, you could balance your mission by putting in a larger number of T-72:s, or give that side some other advantages to compensate for it being a much weaker tank.

Agreed, 1 on 1 unit balance has no place in realism games. Realism isnt about balance, thats why we develop weapon systems, to defeat other weapon systems.

I lost the USP rounds since the last update. Did the classname change?

Same here.??

I have searched the ACE dev forums but didn't find anything on it.

***Update***

The guys that were having the issues were using Yoma's were updating the ACE userconfig files. The new one had read "//#define ACE_NOINTRO" which caused their game to crash with the error arma2 invalid crew civilian.

They changed the first entry in the ACE userconfig to "#define ACE_NOINTRO" and their came loaded with no problems.

Search no more, check http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz, write up a bug report with required details, and I bet we'll find you are running ArmA 2 Patch 1.04, or Beta Patch, instead of the 1.05, or maybe some outdated or incompatible mod :)

Edited by Sickboy

I lost the USP rounds since the last update. Did the classname change?
Same here.??

Yes. ACE_12Rnd_45ACP_USP / ACE_12Rnd_45ACP_USPSD .

Edited by King Homer

Any future plans on incorporating Mando Missile ArmA into ACE2 once its finished the beta stage(ACE2 and MMA)?

By that, I mean When the MMA is out of its beta stage, is there any plans to include the MMA package in the future ACE2 beta/milestone releases?

Edited by TOTAL22

Any future plans on incorporating Mando Missile ArmA into ACE2 once its finished the beta stage(ACE2 and MMA)?

By that, I mean When the MMA is out of its beta stage, is there any plans to include the MMA package in the future ACE2 beta/milestone releases?

I think that depends on the creator of MMA. If you want it in ACE, ask Mandoble to get in touch with the devs so they can cook something up.

Trracer no, it is only with Tanks, APS and armor vehicles.

ACE Team, please return the ability to repair tanks with repair trucks, as soon as it possible!!!

Edited by [HA]badger

Have to agree with the ACE team here. In RL, even simple things like changing a tire could take 10-15 minutes. Anything more than very light damage will take hours to fix in the field, and many things require salvaging and taking the vehicle back to a proper repair depot.

Being able to fix vehicle damage in seconds by just getting close to a repair truck, as it was before, is totally unrealistic.

I think our answers are pretty clear in the tickets badger. We're working on it.

If you want to make it go faster, contribute constructive ideas instead?