Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Kellys Heroes ACE Servers & YAS Repository updated to b.231-Hotfix

Subscribe to KH-RSS -> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/rss.php

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper (Repo for Islands & other Mods)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

URLs are case sensitive (ie lowercase & uppercase matters). So make sure the Auto-Config-URL is entered exactly as above, otherwise may result in 404.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS after updated.

AddonSync Usage-> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3212

Awesome work guys finally some decent armour simulation - I thank you very much for all the hard effort and research put into this, its guys like you who make this great community even better :yay::yay:

Well I broke down and used the six-updater and I hate it!

1. By default it trys to install way too much stuff so you have to go through all of it and set it to skiped and disabled, which is far more time consuming than just downloading what you want.

2. It constantly trys to install ACE_SM and ACE_PLA even after setting them both to skiped and disabled.

3. Now I'm running a newer version than any of the servers I actually want to play on.

4. At times it will bounce back and forth between one version and another in a matter of minutes.

Otherwise everything is just peachy!

I'm starting to feel that ARMA II has a cancer myself and wish that there were more servers running vanilla with AI, of course if there were they would probably be too hard to find since we have no way to sort that out currently.

Well it's not exactly game-breaking :) but it's a generally interesting point about whether the items should all be treated exactly the same regardless, or whether initial conditions should always be context-sensitive. i.e. weapons always in non-sighted mode initially because you're interested in why you need that weapon rather than that you immediately be sighted through it, while other equipment like binos are selected because of the direct immediate intent of sighting through it.

I guess each equipment is an individual case though. "Weapons" being all one equipment type.

The reason is not to treat all weapons/equipment the same. Even if you most of the time need to look through them when you bring them up you sometimes need to take them away from the eyes without putting them away.

As Sickboy says, if your looking through binos and need a bearing you can look at the compass. Also you can take a look at the map. All this without going through all the animations.

I want to add other important reasons to have it this way. If you use freelook/trackir/freetrack you can look around quick and easy if you hear something. You can also lower your binos and move around. Also, when you have trouble finding the thing you want to look at you can, as in RL, look over the binos to get the correct bearing first.

There are also situations when you do have time to put the binos away to have a look at the map/compass/surrounding but you dont want to. Imagine being consealed as a spotter, every movement can reveal you. Then its good to have access to your map/compass/surrounding without moving your avatar. As in RL.

Please fill in the helicopter ka 52. It work on air targets homing missiles.

The reason is not to treat all weapons/equipment the same. Even if you most of the time need to look through them when you bring them up you sometimes need to take them away from the eyes without putting them away.

As Sickboy says, if your looking through binos and need a bearing you can look at the compass. Also you can take a look at the map. All this without going through all the animations.

I want to add other important reasons to have it this way. If you use freelook/trackir/freetrack you can look around quick and easy if you hear something. You can also lower your binos and move around. Also, when you have trouble finding the thing you want to look at you can, as in RL, look over the binos to get the correct bearing first.

There are also situations when you do have time to put the binos away to have a look at the map/compass/surrounding but you dont want to. Imagine being consealed as a spotter, every movement can reveal you. Then its good to have access to your map/compass/surrounding without moving your avatar. As in RL.

Well, generally I'm cool with it. :) as I said, not exactly a game-breaker :)

player addWeapon "ACE_Map_Tools" for those who want to have a go. Had some "issues" with it initially though. It opens at the lower left corner of the map. Keys seems to "work better" if you hold them instead of just click them. Yeah, sometimes I forget reading a manual, lol :)

My helicopters is not in my game even though they are in the editor 2D map view...? AH64, AH6 and UH60M is right there - but not when i start the game lol.

I was just scared as i can see them in my drop down lists and i see the icon placed out but nothing.

Since I can't make a ticket in dev-heaven, I'll just post my suggestion here...

(Yes... I like flying choppers and planes in ArmA 2)

Mi-28s:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6595

B-52:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87710

F-117:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8266

MH-60 variants:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7356

Chinooks:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6232

Extra Russian armor:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8784

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8866

GRRRRRRRRRR Im having the same problem, I just tried to join 4 servers and kept getting pinged message saying client/server versions are different ( the servers all had different version # too wtf?>!?!) and I JUST got ACE installed..how can I be out of date already?

This is extremely annoying..they need to make this thing easy to godamn install

Well I broke down and used the six-updater and I hate it!

1. By default it trys to install way too much stuff so you have to go through all of it and set it to skiped and disabled, which is far more time consuming than just downloading what you want.

2. It constantly trys to install ACE_SM and ACE_PLA even after setting them both to skiped and disabled.

3. Now I'm running a newer version than any of the servers I actually want to play on.

4. At times it will bounce back and forth between one version and another in a matter of minutes.

Otherwise everything is just peachy!

I'm starting to feel that ARMA II has a cancer myself and wish that there were more servers running vanilla with AI, of course if there were they would probably be too hard to find since we have no way to sort that out currently.

And to NouberNou: Awesome work on the MAP PLUS mate! Works like a charm and so easy to take out directions now. :)

Now i just gotta find all the missing helicopters...

GRRRRRRRRRR Im having the same problem, I just tried to join 4 servers and kept getting pinged message saying client/server versions are different ( the servers all had different version # too wtf?>!?!) and I JUST got ACE installed..how can I be out of date already?

D00d the six updater ( i use console ) couldnt be much easier..... i think maybe youve got a virus in between your chair and your computer.

Seriously be patient heh its all for free and improves arma2 no end so no reason to whinge really.

There was an update a few hours ago and a hotfix. Did you try to update again? What ACE2 number are you using.

Or you just need to take a breath and relax, it's just a video game. All will work out.

Yea well it updated but apparently doesn't install all the stuff u need..what about ACEX..does that come with it or do I need to go elsewhere to install that?

The comp is clean Im doing this at work so there's def no virus's/ect

D00d the six updater ( i use console ) couldnt be much easier..... i think maybe youve got a virus in between your chair and your computer.

Seriously be patient heh its all for free and improves arma2 no end so no reason to whinge really.

So no Map plus in this release ?

Should be in there, looks like it didn't make it into the release notes though. :(

Oh well. Check this page: http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Map_Tools

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

You literally should be able to do this.

1. Download Six Updater Suite
  2. Install Six Updater Suite
  3. Run Six Updater Suite
  4. Wait till it opens the webpage with all the options
  5. Press execute
  6. Watch it install CBA, ACE, ACEX, ACE_SM, ACE_PLA
  7. Wait till it is finished, and if it didnt create a shortcut for you in your arma install directory, make one yourself by right clicking on the exe and creating a short cut, then going into the properties of that and at the end of the target line adding '-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_SM;@ACE_PLA'

After that any time you need to update just go and start the GUI again and press execute. It will automatically update.

Ace Beta 0.2.255

then on the right hand side it says Version 1.05.62917 (is this arma2 version #?)

There was an update a few hours ago and a hotfix. Did you try to update again? What ACE2 number are you using.

Or you just need to take a breath and relax, it's just a video game. All will work out.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Ok thanks VERY much, I will try again later I have to install it at home as well!

Should be in there, looks like it didn't make it into the release notes though. :(

Oh well. Check this page: http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Map_Tools

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

You literally should be able to do this.

1. Download Six Updater Suite
  2. Install Six Updater Suite
  3. Run Six Updater Suite
  4. Wait till it opens the webpage with all the options
  5. Press execute
  6. Watch it install CBA, ACE, ACEX, ACE_SM, ACE_PLA
  7. Wait till it is finished, and if it didnt create a shortcut for you in your arma install directory, make one yourself by right clicking on the exe and creating a short cut, then going into the properties of that and at the end of the target line adding '-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_SM;@ACE_PLA'

After that any time you need to update just go and start the GUI again and press execute. It will automatically update.

NouberNou: I guess the stock compass cant be removed right (from map)?

I love it. Superb stuff. Have to learn more about elevation though argh. :) Was taking out azimuth and elevation but i was on a hill... Then the elevation is changed ofcourse. But what instrument checks what height we are on? Do we have that in ACE/ARMA2? Never thaught about it before.

NouberNou: I guess the stock compass cant be removed right (from map)?

I love it. Superb stuff. Have to learn more about elevation though argh. :) Was taking out azimuth and elevation but i was on a hill... Then the elevation is changed ofcourse. But what instrument checks what height we are on? Do we have that in ACE/ARMA2? Never thaught about it before.

I could remove it, but to be honest it helps because it gives you your persons bearing, you can use the map compass to align on that if you want, or just set it by looking, but it does help a bit, at least for me, so I don't forget the bearing I had sighted when I'm on the map.

Yea well it updated but apparently doesn't install all the stuff u need..what about ACEX..does that come with it or do I need to go elsewhere to install that?

Check your main directory. You'd know if you DL'd the stuff cause it'll be there. If you are playing via shortcut you need to add @ACE and the other ACE2 mod folder in the target line.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Ace Beta 0.2.255

then on the right hand side it says Version 1.05.62917 (is this arma2 version #?)

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Ok thanks VERY much, I will try again later I have to install it at home as well!

Then you have the wrong version. A hotfix was released today. It's a few pages back.

Like NouberNou said:

Wait till it is finished, and if it didnt create a shortcut for you in your arma install directory, make one yourself by right clicking on the exe and creating a short cut, then going into the properties of that and at the end of the target line adding '-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_SM;@ACE_PLA'

ACE2 guys,

The new armor system is remarkable. This will add so much to the game it's silly.

Edited by Manzilla

Shouldn't five PG-VRs and six PG-Vl register some damage on the turret of a T-90 eventually? It killed the crew but left the tank untouched. Or is damage color only represented by mobility and firepower kills now?

I was messing around last night with an M1A2 TUSK and a Chedaki RPG guy.

It was kind of funny to hit the top armor of it 3 times and not even make a dent. I played as the tank and let him keep hitting me and after he was done using all his rockets and shooting his AK at my tank I had a little yellow on my damage indicator but nothing more. I killed him with one .50 cal round and went on my way.

Ive just updated to the latest 231 (15 mins ago uk time 23:00 PM via Yoma/Kellies Heros) and I jumped into editor and map and ran it, went to the map and cannot see any new feature compass, is it a config switch thing, I notice the link above to the readme but I press H and not a lot happens, do I have to bring the compass up with something else?

Grats for the new developments ACE team!

However the new armor system makes one eye laughing and one eye crying for me, it could still use some work (don't take it offensely please). I played a bit around with it, there are more aspect to look at, I just give some first impressions.

What I like about it:

-vehicles don't become burned out wrecks immediately;

-different levels of damages on the vehicles (smoking turret, burning engine...);

-Crew damaging system is good idea and well executed (not neccesarily all of them die)

What I dislike (concrete examples):

-sometimes two AGM-65s neccesary into a T-72A only to take out the crew (not to destroy the tank);

-T-72As sometimes can take so many rounds from a GAU-8 you could sink a Nimitz-class mothership with that quantity;

-frontal armor of a T-72A is impenetrable even with M829 SABOT rounds (I'll test Abrams and T-90 too);

-Zsu-23 Shilka, BMP, even BRDM cannot be destroyed with one M830 HEAT (which seems interesting to me, I thought it is a very capable anti-armor round which can easily take out even older MBTs - T-55, T-62, T-72A)

Later I'll test out some more, I just liked to convey my first hand experience, and I'm curious what's the experience of others with the system.

Again, you'd know if you DL'd ACEX and the other stuff.

Did you check your main A2 directory? If if DL'd that other stuff it will be in there. You'll see the mod folders. If those are there, then you have ACEX, and the rest. They should be there.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Ive just updated to the latest 231 (15 mins ago uk time 23:00 PM via Yoma/Kellies Heros) and I jumped into editor and map and ran it, went to the map and cannot see any new feature compass, is it a config switch thing, I notice the link above to the readme but I press H and not a lot happens, do I have to bring the compass up with something else?

Did you update the ace_keys.hpp as well? The keys should be there.