Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Why i don't have radio sound with my team when i use ACE

Someone can help me pls?

or even simpler... read the first post

Ok now I get this error message when I try to run ace

'addon 'acex_c_men_usarmy' requires addon 'ace_c_gear''

and

Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found

I tried to re-update everything but it wont do it as Im current. I tried to uninstall but it wont let me do that either...

I didnt do anything between last night and today grrr

Ok now I get this error message when I try to run ace

'addon 'acex_c_men_usarmy' requires addon 'ace_c_gear''

and

Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found

I tried to re-update everything but it wont do it as Im current. I tried to uninstall but it wont let me do that either...

I didnt do anything between last night and today grrr

I think this is a known issue. The answer may lay here. Not familiar with that one though. Haven't seen it often around here.

I dont know what I did to screw it up, previously to this happening I tried to play it and the screen was freeking out with grey polygons..so I tried to update it and now this. If I could uninstall/re-install I would but it wont let me.

I think this is a known issue. The answer may lay here. Not familiar with that one though. Haven't seen it often around here.

I am not having the issue but two of our teammates updated their ACE, ACEX, ACE_PLA, ACE_SM & CBA using Yoma's Addon Sync and now they cannot load ARMA 2 with the ACE 2 mod activated. They both get an error that says, "arma2 invalid crew civilian" and there game crashes to desktop.

I have searched the ACE dev forums but didn't find anything on it.

Ok, this is about the ten-thousandth time someone has asked this. Please, use the Search function for once.

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_ACE2#How_do_change_the_amount_of_chatter_from_the_AI.3F

Search for what? radio sound? voices? and to find it on the wiki you need to divine ACE's wordchoice in the config. definenovoice? what else could it be?

or even simpler... read the first post

First post has 22 links and nothing about voices.

Okay I get your point. I got a bit confused because you're using "M829" but meaning the M829A3.

Oh I just came to realize that there are M829A1/A2/A3 in the mod -also M830 and M830A1. I tried to add these ammo to the Abrams in the editor to test them, but I couldn't. Anyway after some more play, I was able to instantly blow up T-72As using HEAT in the Abrams (like with the T-72Bs 3BK29, T-72A's HEAT round is much more weaker).

How are these subversions distributed? Seems all Abrams are carrying M829A1s in the ACE_30rnd_120mmSABOT clip, or is it only for the A1? Can I add these other version to the tank manually in the editor, or shall I wait for an update for this?

I am not having the issue but two of our teammates updated their ACE, ACEX, ACE_PLA, ACE_SM & CBA using Yoma's Addon Sync and now they cannot load ARMA 2 with the ACE 2 mod activated. They both get an error that says, "arma2 invalid crew civilian" and there game crashes to desktop.

I have searched the ACE dev forums but didn't find anything on it.

***Update***

The guys that were having the issues were using Yoma's were updating the ACE userconfig files. The new one had read "//#define ACE_NOINTRO" which caused their game to crash with the error arma2 invalid crew civilian.

They changed the first entry in the ACE userconfig to "#define ACE_NOINTRO" and their came loaded with no problems.

A friend of mine just updated his ACE through six updater, and now he is getting this error:

File x\ace\addons\setitings\crosshair\config.cpp,line 36: /ACE/: Missing

Does anyone knows how to fix it?

Did he move the userconfig files from the ACE directory to the main one?

He deleted the old ACE folder inside the userconfig, so the updater could create a new one. Because he was getting a message of outdated files.

The updater created a new folder. But know he is getting this error.

Best regards

The Abrams cannister shot knocks wrecked tanks around like bowling pins.

The Abrams cannister shot knocks wrecked tanks around like bowling pins.

Those worked great in ACE1 for moving wrecks off the runway in a hurry lol.

Those worked great in ACE1 for moving wrecks off the runway in a hurry lol.

waaaiiiit a minute... :butbut:

Aircraft carrier Shilka hockey!!!!

He went back to the old version and it is working again. But he is getting a message about outdated files.

By the way, he didnt edit the userconfig inside the @ACE folder. He edited the userconfig inside Arma main folder.

Best regards

What you do is delete the files inside ARMA2/userconfig/ACE and replace them with the new ones that comes down into the ARMA2/@ACE/userconfig. Thats how i and everyone i know does it. When you update to new ACE version the ones inside the modfolder @ACE are updated as well.

Remember to add your name and set the keys again if you had that changed.

I tested the RPG-7VR against the side armor of an Abrams and a T-72. The T-72 would take only one round to the side and went fubar skyhigh while the Abrams took 5 hits and sustained turret and mobility kill only. I repeated the test 3 times with consistent results... is the RL armor between the T-72 and M1A1 so different?

How do you want to balance that if one team starts with a tank which gets destroyed with the first hit and the other team has 5x more armor as a standard tank ? Is this anyhow balanced ?

Dont get me wrong i love how you improve the dmg modell of vehicles, since i see so many us based features i just want some hints about balance.

@The RPG-7VR can penetrate 600-700mm even after reactive armor due to wiki, in an optimal distance it should penetrate the m1a1 aswell. Yeah probably you did hit the "ammunition" in the t-72.

Edited by oxmox

What you do is delete the files inside ARMA2/userconfig/ACE and replace them with the new ones that comes down into the ARMA2/@ACE/userconfig. Thats how i and everyone i know does it. When you update to new ACE version the ones inside the modfolder @ACE are updated as well.

Remember to add your name and set the keys again if you had that changed.

I just tried that and i stll receive the "invalid crew civilian crew" error.

Any more help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

The July 1997 issue of Jane's International Defence Review confirmed that after the collapse of USSR, US and German analysts had a chance to examine Soviet made T-72 tanks equipped with Kontakt-5 ERA, and they proved impenetrable to most modern US and German tank projectiles; this sparked the development of more modern Western tank ammunition, such as the M829A2 and M829A3. Russian tank designers responded with newer types of Heavy Reactive Armour, including Relikt and Kaktus.

The 829 ammunition was introduced a lot later btw....does the t-72 get also any upgrades or did i miss that maybe ? The 829 is a superior and very late introduced ammunition for abrams, almost 20 years after they were introduced. How to balance this.

On further tests, 210 GAU-8 rounds to the front to the front of a T-72 killed everyone inside but did not component damage

The Gau-8 is a 30mm ...wonder if you can even penetrate a battle tank from the front, roof maybe only.

GAU-8 Armor penetration:

* 69 mm at 500 meters

* 38 mm at 1000 meters

Edited by oxmox

I don't have a link, but I've seen many documentaries on Gulf War I and they all stated that T-72s lighted up pretty easily... and their turrets would fly on many occasions.

I don't have a link, but I've seen many documentaries on Gulf War I and they all stated that T-72s lighted up pretty easily... and their turrets would fly on many occasions.

Did Saddam's tanks have ERA?

The Gau-8 is a 30mm ...wonder if you can even penetrate a battle tank from the front, roof maybe only.

GAU-8 Armor penetration:

* 69 mm at 500 meters

* 38 mm at 1000 meters

I was firing point blank, and with Arma's low rate of fire, 240 rounds is the equivalent of many, many successful passes.