Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Check the program file for the six updater, or start menu. In the start menu find SIX then Six Updater Suite. Try the Six Updater GUI. That worked for me in the most recent Six Updater version.

Or try the Console. That works the best for me. But you need to access the internet page for the initial set up. If you've already done that use the Console.

EDIT:

When using the GUI shortcut it will take you to the Six-updater page, hit "MAIN" along the top. Then select ACE Mod Vanilla. Then hit Execute just below it. It should start DL'in the Mod.

Edited by Manzilla

The requirement to use the alternate optics view for binoculars has been in ACE since ArmA1 days. If you think about how you need to do the same to look through rifle scopes and other gear it does make sense. ACE is just being consistant here.

I'd have to take a different stance on that (of course ;)), IMO if you select binos, then it's because you wish to look through them yes? I think binos represent an example of exception NOT proving the rule (of consistency) ;)

Just seems like an unnecessary hassle, ArmA2 is already pretty clicky (mouse buttons, scroll wheel, keyboard, sometimes it's like playing a complex instrument). Is there any penalty for me removing the relevant PBO? (Other than it will simply reappear on the next update)

You have the ability to switch between the two modes, because it gives you quick access to compass/watch/map. They are inaccessible during Binocular view, and without the second mode, you take a lot of animation time to put away the binoc, check the compass, and grab the binoc again :P

Maybe there's something we can do so you start automatically in zoomed mode though?

Ok THANK YOU VERY MUCH at last someone with clear simple instructions (for a simpleton like me!)..its DL now!

Check the program file for the six updater, or start menu. In the start menu find SIX then Six Updater Suite. Try the Six Updater GUI. That worked for me in the most recent Six Updater version.

Or try the Console. That works the best for me. But you need to access the internet page for the initial set up. If you've already done that use the Console.

EDIT:

When using the GUI shortcut it will take you to the Six-updater page, hit "MAIN" along the top. Then select ACE Mod Vanilla. Then hit Execute just below it. It should start DL'in the Mod.

Ok THANK YOU VERY MUCH at last someone with clear simple instructions (for a simpleton like me!)..its DL now!

My pleasure. Glad to help.

You'll find it's actually a genius set up, after you get past the initial difficulty. Now just use the Console shortcut for the updates.(One should be scheduled in an hour or so.)

Enjoy this Mod. It's wicked. Makes the game tough but very, very fun. There's so much new s&^t available to A2 with this Mod it's nuts.

You have the ability to switch between the two modes, because it gives you quick access to compass/watch/map. They are inaccessible during Binocular view, and without the second mode, you take a lot of animation time to put away the binoc, check the compass, and grab the binoc again :P

Maybe there's something we can do so you start automatically in zoomed mode though?

Well it's not exactly game-breaking :) but it's a generally interesting point about whether the items should all be treated exactly the same regardless, or whether initial conditions should always be context-sensitive. i.e. weapons always in non-sighted mode initially because you're interested in why you need that weapon rather than that you immediately be sighted through it, while other equipment like binos are selected because of the direct immediate intent of sighting through it.

I guess each equipment is an individual case though. "Weapons" being all one equipment type.

Armor damage simulation?

no wai

time to spend an hour shooting at empty APCs on the Utes runway like a loser.

*drools* Too bad the Kellys Heroes update server still haven't updated their ACE2. :(

what is with the wounding system does it work in mp now so that the enemy ai does not turn friendly after respawn ?

Kellys Heroes ACE Servers & YAS Repository updated to b.229

Subscribe to KH-RSS -> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/rss.php

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper (Repo for Islands & other Mods)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

URLs are case sensitive (ie lowercase & uppercase matters). So make sure the Auto-Config-URL is entered exactly as above, otherwise may result in 404.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS after updated.

AddonSync Usage-> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3212

Hi Guys

Not sure if this is because of Ace but it started after I did the last update a few days ago and also using Chammie's sound mod latest and also GL4FX. I keep having a problem with the rate of fire and "F" functions, in other words I will only get single fire/smoke grenade....or....full auto/M203...but...not the entire sequence such as Single/Full/Grenade/M203/Smoke.

Any ideas why or what to do about this? I use AcexSM with CSM latest and I place the configs each time I update into the Arma2/Ace/config folder along with CSM one as well in the config folder.

Anyone here got an issue with DevHeaven that his/her username/password wont work?

Cause I registered, I even changed the password about 4 times, and it just wont work at all. It keeps saying "Invalid user or password". :mad:

(Yes, I used the right user name...)

Armor damage simulation?

no wai

Wow, that's f*&^in' nasty!!! Well done ACE2 crew!

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Hi Guys

Not sure if this is because of Ace but it started after I did the last update a few days ago and also using Chammie's sound mod latest and also GL4FX. I keep having a problem with the rate of fire and "F" functions, in other words I will only get single fire/smoke grenade....or....full auto/M203...but...not the entire sequence such as Single/Full/Grenade/M203/Smoke.

Any ideas why or what to do about this? I use AcexSM with CSM latest and I place the configs each time I update into the Arma2/Ace/config folder along with CSM one as well in the config folder.

You can use CSM with ACESM? Never used CSM so that's probably your cause. I use the others though.

Sorry guys, we had to hotfix again.

Build 231 is the latest.

Yea and even that is confusing, so I ran the 6 updater, I have a black dos window open right now and it was scrolling thru a bunch of stuff like this

c:/program files/six-updater/tools/ruby/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/mongrel-1....ect ect

Its not moving anymore, is it supposed to close on its own? what the hell am I supposed to do now! Gdamn they coulda made this easier to install for us 'non coder' types...!

That happened to me earlier, I just closed it then re-started it again & it went through ok the second time :)

The simulation is a lot of fun, but I've run into plenty of (afaik) oddities.

Shouldn't five PG-VRs and six PG-Vl register some damage on the turret of a T-90 eventually? It killed the crew but left the tank untouched. Or is damage color only represented by mobility and firepower kills now?

But I have also had a javelin only kill a single crew member and two Smaw AA rounds do exactly nothing. Also, the entire ammo store of 30mm BMP-3 sabot did nothing to the side of a T-90's turret.

I like randomness of APCs getting hit by RPGs now, except everyone in a BMP-2 seems to die 100% of the time.

The simulation is a lot of fun, but I've run into plenty of (afaik) oddities.

Shouldn't five PG-VRs and six PG-Vl register some damage on the turret of a T-90 eventually? It killed the crew but left the tank untouched. Or is damage color only represented by mobility and firepower kills now?

But I have also had a javelin only kill a single crew member and two Smaw AA rounds do exactly nothing. Also, the entire ammo store of 30mm BMP-3 sabot did nothing to the side of a T-90's turret.

I like randomness of APCs getting hit by RPGs now, except everyone in a BMP-2 seems to die 100% of the time.

BMP-2 is only a bunch of steel sheets. :)

But i think, 30mm should do more damage.

Please place the wounds module to have proper crew damage.

Remember it's a game and simulating every cm² on a tanks outer hull is just not possible.

The simulation is a lot of fun, but I've run into plenty of (afaik) oddities...

I'd expect that it will take some time to adjust all the values and iron out the oddities. You're right, javelin should be able to disable or destroy any of the MBTs in ACE (M1 and T90 included).

You may want to open a ticket at dev-heaven and add your feedback there so the authors of the armor simulation can see it.

also .. HEAT warheads explode infront of the target, sending a plasma jet into it ... so outter damage might be absent or appear very slight .. the damage is mostly done by spalling inside the compartments of the tank. so if a hit kills the crew, but does not explodes the tank .. its perfectly reasonable ..

Dont believe those hype-videos of the industry trying to sell their weapons *g