Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

They will not disembark if they are type of a real crew.

I think this is one of the most things ppl do understand wrong.

If a soldier is inside a tank for example and at the gunner position the he is not a crew member.

A real crew member for example is a soldier of the class "RU_Soldier_Crew".

Well, it actually is class RU_Soldier_Crew.

(Just to make sure you understand me correctly ;)) Unlike most other armored vehicles, the BMP3 has 5 crew members (commander, gunner, driver and the two machinegunners). Commander, gunner and driver stay inside, all other units disembark.

Yes. Simply add 1 waypoint. ( If you don't like that the group move, then simply create the waypoint directly over the group leader )

Yes, of course. Why didn't I think of that. :banghead:

Thanks a lot.

A player group leaded by A.I. :confused:

:D

Just like the first missions in CWC campaign, the beginning of Harvest Red etc.

You never know what crazy ideas mission makers come up with.^^

Make sure you load the mods in this order:

@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@GL4;@othermods

ACE and GL4 works great. only problem that ACE features disappear after a savegame load. But this is ACE related and not GL4.

@SNKMAN or ANYONE having the issue listed below

I load in the above order and get the error "Invalid crew Civilian" loading GL v.1.35 and removed all other mods but ACE. Please advise as I have had to remove GL mod.

Thanks

@SNKMAN, I think we really need to make gunner positions available for all troops just like static defense quickly. :) I think many people are finding it very wierd that the AI either don't take gunner seat or disembark out of gunner seats. :) Inevitably, many of the default gunners are not crew class. Hope you will find some time to see if it can be made into this potentially greatest mod of ArmA2 EVER! :)

Since you are including quite a bit of FX in GL4, this shows that your ambition for GL4 is much more than just an AI mod, right? In that case, do you have plans to make gibbing FX? A little like what SLX has done but just a nice and simple single FX for bodies to burst into parts when killed by heavy calibre weapons?

Edited by jasonnoguchi

I tried that load order, but still no Ace features. I guess I will have to wait for the next ACE update.

Anyone notice that when you begin a mission, your weapon isn't selected? It's usually set to grenade or something. As a result, I have to hit the F key to cycle back to the primary weapon, which at least for me is an automatic weapon of some sort. Is that a result of GL4? I think I had everything disabled except for GL4 and this occurred. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks everyone for your help! I've finally got the path straight and it's working fine :bounce3:

Anyone notice that when you begin a mission, your weapon isn't selected? It's usually set to grenade or something. As a result, I have to hit the F key to cycle back to the primary weapon, which at least for me is an automatic weapon of some sort. Is that a result of GL4? I think I had everything disabled except for GL4 and this occurred. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Definitely an ACE bug. Its described on the bug tracker at dev-heaven.net.

Re ACE stuff, make sure you have all the latest versions of CBA/ACE/ACEX.

Same goes for GL4. There should be 100% compatibility between GL4 and ACE, unless some part isn't using Extended Eventhandlers anymore :P

Otherwise let us know: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

Thanx SNKMAN and sickboy.

Just a little question. (should post this in the ACE thread, but i guess other gl4 users might have the same question)

I have read that effects such as bleeding or backblast are doubled when using ACE and GL4.

I know i can disable the "FX" part of GL4 to solve the problem, but this way i dont get the GL4 effects.

Now, if i wanted to use ACE, without ACE effects ( still talking about backblast injuries ect), but those of GL4, is there a way to configure so ACE back blast, bleeding and such are not used?

Thanx to ACE team and to SNK man ( GL4 team ) for thees fantastic peaces of code :-)

Hi SNKMAN;

thx for the mod, but I have one question:

I don't have the two spreading effects like in your Video Explosion FX (WIP).

The one version at 0:04 and 0:29 and the other version at 0:07 and 0:30.

The last version I got in a different way- less and in grey.

I have also small spreading effects, when I shot on Infantry.

When i use the cannon of the apache i have impact exposions with no correct scale, I think. When I shot on a far away BTR with manual fire as Pilot the impact explosions on the BTR are nearly as big as from a nearby positon (ore compare it with ore without zoom "+").

Tino

About the missing ACE features (bipod, handgrenade...) when playing ACE+GL4

-when disabling "GL4 Radio Chatter" the features are back.

About the missing ACE features (bipod, handgrenade...) when playing ACE+GL4

-when disabling "GL4 Radio Chatter" the features are back.

The issue is the usage of displaySetEventhandler, in GL4_System.pbo, GL4\GL4_Addons\GL4_Chatter\GL4_Chatter.sqf

It is recommended to instead use displayAddEventhandler and http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/displayRemoveEventHandler

In CBA we have an API interface for DisplayHandlers. This also takes care of re-attaching the handlers after Savegame, quitgame, loadgame.

http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/files/events/fnc_addKeyHandler-sqf.html

http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/files/events/fnc_addKeyHandlerFromConfig-sqf.html

There's also a more low-level API, undocumented atm, fnc_addDisplayHandler and fnc_removeDisplayHandler. They give you access to actions beyond keyDown and keyUp.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi SNKMAN great work again!

From time to time a get a full blurred view - only if I switch to Arma2 graphic settings and back I get normal view. Blood FX are off and no battles are in close range. :confused:

The issue is the usage of displaySetEventhandler, in GL4_System.pbo, GL4\GL4_Addons\GL4_Chatter\GL4_Chatter.sqf

It is recommended to instead use displayAddEventhandler and http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/displayRemoveEventHandler

In CBA we have an API interface for DisplayHandlers. This also takes care of re-attaching the handlers after Savegame, quitgame, loadgame.

http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/files/events/fnc_addKeyHandler-sqf.html

http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/files/events/fnc_addKeyHandlerFromConfig-sqf.html

There's also a more low-level API, undocumented atm, fnc_addDisplayHandler and fnc_removeDisplayHandler. They give you access to actions beyond keyDown and keyUp.

This is all related to lost Ace features(wounded system, calibration of a sniper rifle, etc.) too? Sick should I have to edit this on my own or it has to be modified by mod author in a successive version? I like this mod but for me now is unplayable for the lost of ACE interactions and features... thank you for any help...

I hate asking a NooB question .. but how do you disable GL4 in a mission? I have CBA installed and some missions I want to play vanilla then switch (MP) to a GL4 mission later. How can I dissable?

Also, after reading many posts, I am not sure how to dissabke markers?

Thanks for any help :)

Hi SNKMAN;

thx for the mod, but I have one question:

I don't have the two spreading effects like in your Video Explosion FX (WIP).

The one version at 0:04 and 0:29 and the other version at 0:07 and 0:30.

The last version I got in a different way- less and in grey.

I have also small spreading effects, when I shot on Infantry.

When i use the cannon of the apache i have impact exposions with no correct scale, I think. When I shot on a far away BTR with manual fire as Pilot the impact explosions on the BTR are nearly as big as from a nearby positon (ore compare it with ore without zoom "+").

Tino

I noticed that and made some tweaking in GL4_Config_FX.pbo :

class GL4_Explosion_Particles : Default

{

interval = 0.1;

circleRadius = 0;

circleVelocity[] = {0, 0, 0};

particleShape = "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal";

particleFSNtieth = 16;

particleFSIndex = 0;

particleFSFrameCount = 32;

particleFSLoop = 0;

angleVar = 1;

animationName = "";

particleType = "Billboard";

timerPeriod = 1;

lifeTime = 1;

moveVelocity[] = {0, 1, 0};

rotationVelocity = 1;

weight = 10;

volume = 4.9;

rubbing = 0.1;

size[] = {"0.0250 * intensity + 1"};

This reduce the distorsion effect and the explosions are a lot more realistic IMHO.

Can anyone confirm in the latest version if markers have problems being switched "off"?

I have in my config (as I have done since first version)

(drive):\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\GL4\GL4_Local.sqf

& then have the marker section as:

// Choose if a player should use/get a marker at the map.

// True / False, default is True

GL4_Local set [0, False];

(removing the comments "//")

I still get markers for all enemy units and patrols? I then kept this the same, checked ace and markers config is set to "0" for that. To make sure I even removed GL4 from my mod list and loaded up with ace only, sure enough no markers anymore. Yet if I put it back in .. I get the markers, even though config is still set to disable.

I have used this since day one and make these changes evertime and all has been ok .. can anyone repeat this like I can (along side latest ace)? What am i now missing since latest version? I have checked for duplicates, also completely removed all gl4 things in arma folder and direct copy and past from the last version, moved configs to correct location, deleted any duplicates again and still the same. Also in my menu window it shows gl4 and the latest revision (plus the same for ace). Also CBA is latest as I use the Kelly heroes updater for all.

Also one final not I have dubbing commented out so that is disabled and a few other things and they are working via the configs fine.

Edited by mrcash2009

in gl4_global.sqf youve also set:

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Array Debug:

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Map Marker Debug:

GL4_Global set [51, False];

??

in gl4_global.sqf youve also set:

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Array Debug:

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Map Marker Debug:

GL4_Global set [51, False];

??

Thank you I never saw that entry before (is that new in recent version?) ... surely as a debug tool by default it should be disabled, right?

Im not entirely sure why any mod (like ace too) will insist on markers on by default, but there it is, issue solved.

I'm having trouble trying to work out how to implement some of these features into my missions. I want to have 2 squads of russians defending a town. In the features readme it says about the 'Human AI Static Idle' and how men will chat and patrol about. Could anyone just give me a 'Dummies' guide on what I need to do to make this work. I have read the readme and cant seam to work out what needs to be done.

I'm having trouble trying to work out how to implement some of these features into my missions. I want to have 2 squads of russians defending a town. In the features readme it says about the 'Human AI Static Idle' and how men will chat and patrol about. Could anyone just give me a 'Dummies' guide on what I need to do to make this work. I have read the readme and cant seam to work out what needs to be done.

I second this, just started using this, and need a bit of a dummies guide to get the best out of it........

@All

Many thanks for all your feedback and interest in Group Link 4.

Well looks like i need some time to catch some breath. :p

Since ArmA 2 was released i spend every free second to work on Group Link 4.

I could really need some help with the configs.

Specially "GL4_Blood_FX.pbo" and "GL4_Shell_FX.pbo".

Something is wrong becouse every time in MP i get a error that the AddOn is missing but it's defenetly there.

So there must be something wrong and my config skills are really... Not that good.

@Kroky

- how does the AI extraction work?

After a helicopter which was requested as reinforcement has unmounted his crew at the target location then the helicopter will look for other A.I. friendly to his side and which was already requested as reinforcement too.

If the group is far away from the target location ( more then 500 meters ) and has no vehicle then the helicopter will fly to the group let the group mount the helicopter and transport the group to the target location.

- how does the AI Idle work? (should use the Human A.I. feature...?)

This feature is used by "Static Groups" without waypoints by default.

@Clayman

Commander, gunner and driver stay inside, all other units disembark.

I think you use the default BMP3.

I mean you do not create a empty BMP3 and create a group where you manually set the crew.

If you use the default BMP3 which has it's crew inside the wehicle already then may they don't have the correct class.

But i will check this.

@jasonnoguchi

I think we really need to make gunner positions available for all troops just like static defense quickly.

Its in my current W.I.P list. ;)

In that case, do you have plans to make gibbing FX?

Nope sorry... Currently i'm not interested to enhance Group Link 4 in any kind.

First i will need some time testing and debugging all the new stuff i added.

@TBuck

The FX of Group Link 4 are random.

Very big explosions with many effects will not happend that often then smaller explosions.

@NoRailgunner

From time to time a get a full blurred view

Yes thats i known bug i could not fix so far...

@CaptainBravo

I hate asking a NooB question .. but how do you disable GL4 in a mission?

Take a look in the "GL4_Core.sqf" which can be found in the settings.

@NikoTeen

Thanks for posting your config. I will check it out.

@Taliban_Dan

'Human AI Static Idle'

This feature is used by "Static Groups" without waypoints by default.

@PSYCHOSIM

See my answere to Taliban_Dan.

@SNKMAN

Concerning the addon missing. Maybe I can help you. I remember in ArmA I times that this kind of messages appeared in SLX mod. Solus told me to add this missing addon (which in fact is there) to add in the config to the preload section. Unfortunately I dont remember the exact code. But this way the problem disappeard.

By kju ( Q ) @ DevHeaven.net

To avoid the "the addon X has been deleted" message you can define in the config

class CfgAddons
{
   class PreloadAddons
   {
       class CCA
       {
           list[] = {"CCA"};
       };
   };
}; 

So the engine will always preload the said cfgPatches class anyway. The downside is that the dependency is also written into savegames. So if the addon is removed the mission will no longer be possible to load even though the addons content may not be needed by the mission actually.

In other words its not recommended to use it and is only meant as a bad workaround. A proper definition of the cfgPatches classes entries should work along with activateAddons for script only created objects.

Original Post: activateAddons

Looks like this isn't the best solution for it but a start. ;)

Anyway thanks for the info. :)

Edit: Finally found the Crew unmount bug!! :D

Edited by SNKMAN