Sign in to follow this  
Chill xl

SIX Aiaktalik map Beta1 released

jezus take it easy, why get all mad about questions? its like a fucking dictatorship around here

not really mad about anything except the attitude of his question...

How the hell do I download this? My six-updater only downloads ACE files. Is there some kind of secret to this I'm missing? Is it too much to ask for a clear, step-by-step set of instructions since you can't even use a direct link?

Try this:

With this Tutitorial I will explain how to setup the Six Updater to download and install Mods available through the Six Updater.

1) Run Six Updater GUI exe.

2) On the top dropdown menu select Configuration, then Presets.

3) Select Clone at the far right of ACE (Vanilla).

4) Refresh your browser. You will see that a new Preset Configuration, (CUST - ACE MOD (Vanilla)) has populated the list.

5) Select Edit at the far right of this preset.

6) Chang the name of the CUST – ACE MOD (Vanilla). Click on the name to change it to anything you want. For this example I used 506th_Example-A.C>E. Mod (Vanilla).

7) Start adding Mods to you new preset. Below the name of your preset, is a list of mods that are already loaded in your preset. Below this list of Mods, is a dropdown menu that contains all the Mods available for Down Load and Install, through the Six Updater. Select the mod you would like to add and Click Add Existing on the right. The Mod you chose will populate the list. Repeat step 7. For any additional Mods you would like to Download.

8) Select the action you would like Six Updater to do when updating this preset. Scroll down to the section labled Action. From the drop down menu at the bottom select Install and Update and then Add Existing, to the right.

9) Save you preset. At the bottom left of the page, select Update. This will return you to the Configuration Preset page. There you will see that you renamed preset is listed, with the Mods you’ve chosen.

10) Return to the main page. This is where you will select your newly created preset for Down Load. Look for a dropdown menu below the words “Please select a preset configâ€. Open the menu and select your preset config. Ensure the “Optional Preset Overrides†are set to:

Action: Install or Update

Server: -Select an override server

Setting: Vanilla

Click Save, then Execute.

That’s It. Good Luck!:cheers:

Thanks for the map can't wait to give it a whirl and I appreciate the instructions on how to add a mod to the preset I was stumbling a there.

;1590339']Try this:

With this Tutitorial I will explain how to setup the Six Updater to download and install Mods available through the Six Updater.

1) Run Six Updater GUI exe.

2) On the top dropdown menu select Configuration' date=' then Presets.

3) Select Clone at the far right of ACE (Vanilla).

4) Refresh your browser. You will see that a new Preset Configuration, (CUST - ACE MOD (Vanilla)) has populated the list.

5) Select Edit at the far right of this preset.

6) Chang the name of the CUST – ACE MOD (Vanilla). Click on the name to change it to anything you want. For this example I used 506th_Example-A.C>E. Mod (Vanilla).

7) Start adding Mods to you new preset. Below the name of your preset, is a list of mods that are already loaded in your preset. Below this list of Mods, is a dropdown menu that contains all the Mods available for Down Load and Install, through the Six Updater. Select the mod you would like to add and Click Add Existing on the right. The Mod you chose will populate the list. Repeat step 7. For any additional Mods you would like to Download.

8) Select the action you would like Six Updater to do when updating this preset. Scroll down to the section labled Action. From the drop down menu at the bottom select Install and Update and then Add Existing, to the right.

9) Save you preset. At the bottom left of the page, select Update. This will return you to the Configuration Preset page. There you will see that you renamed preset is listed, with the Mods you’ve chosen.

10) Return to the main page. This is where you will select your newly created preset for Down Load. Look for a dropdown menu below the words “Please select a preset configâ€. Open the menu and select your preset config. Ensure the “Optional Preset Overrides†are set to:

Action: Install or Update

Server: -Select an override server

Setting: Vanilla

Click Save, then Execute.

That’s It. Good Luck!:cheers:[/quote']

If anyone cannot understand how to get SIX working after this they do not deserver to have a puter!!

Most excellent....

Just needs a link to the latest SIX download and would be perfect :-)

I run the SIX UPDATER but it says there is nothing to update and automatically quits, how can i do it?

Thanks.

Everytime we try to use this island our games crash. We have all varified that we have the same version through the Six Updater. I have no idea what is causing this but any help would be greatly appreciated because this island is awesome.

Thanks.

We cant seem to target enemy vehicles on this map. :confused: ???

Im using Apaches, Cobras, jets etc...there seems to be no lock on....and only this map on multiplayer. Odd...Forgive me if this is known

Sweet ass map btw...Anyone help plz thx

SIX Aiaktalik map

mountainsPreview.jpg

Here's the first Beta release of my map "Aiaktalik" project for ArmA II. The 10x10km map features a remote and barren desert terrain with plains, hills and mountains, it is inspirated and loosly based on some environments seen in Afghanistan or Arizona USA. I've created the map mainly as a sandbox/playground to be used at our Coop community, the 6th Sense. The map is mainly created for infantry battles, i've focussed on overview and cover. You will find lots and lots of cover of the massive ammounts of rocks, furthermore the terrain is lightly covered with pine-trees. At the moment there are no human created objects or features to be found on the map. Maybe in a future update i will add some trails and tracks to have the AI move around a little bit better.

The island is exclusively released, updated and maintained on the excellent Six Updater Platform by Sickboy.

Not only does it save you, and the mirrors, a lot of bandwidth, every update,

also after configuring it once, fetching updates and information about the latest releases is extremely easy and very fast.

Check out the work in progress Six Updater Portal Site for the latest update, version, size and changelog information!

Not touching that six updater, why is it so hard to understand that most people want the map and nothing else. I'm sick of this updater, takes alot more time to use it in client end than to download the damn map and drop it in a folder.

Can't say i'm impressed.

IMO the six-updater suite is the best addon a arma2 player could wish for.., very handy tool.

keeps u up to date of new releases...

i make presets like one for all the maps im following/playing

one for ACE2, and one for sound mods.

so i only have to select the proper preset and it updates only what it needs to update

i cant think of not using sixupdater...

It's available for regular download on Armaholic for those who can get by without the updater.

It's available for regular download on Armaholic for those who can get by without the updater.

You still have to update it through the updater..

IMO the six-updater suite is the best addon a arma2 player could wish for.., very handy tool.

I wouldn't go that far. I believe Yoma's is better and more user friendly.

Not touching that six updater, why is it so hard to understand that most people want the map and nothing else. I'm sick of this updater, takes alot more time to use it in client end than to download the damn map and drop it in a folder.

Can't say i'm impressed.

Mmmhh okay :lookaround:

Afaik Chill hasn't developed any further on this Island, there'd be nothing to update to on the six updater. Armaholic mirror should work fine.

Everytime we try to use this island our games crash. We have all varified that we have the same version through the Six Updater. I have no idea what is causing this but any help would be greatly appreciated because this island is awesome.

Thanks.

I have stopped devolpment on Aiaktalik for a while because there was a bug that crahes the game, when loading the map, for some people. It seemed it had something to do with the very steep surfaces, an important feature of the map that i didnt want to remove. Anyway, the latest beta patch seemed to adress a crash on certain custom maps, so far i'm under the impression that the weird loading crash on aiaktalik is fixed with this beta aswell.

Would appreciate if those that experienced that crash before could confirm if its fixed now? If it is, i might pick up devolpment on Aiaktalik...

I haven't had it crash in all the time i've been using it. Since the last version at least.

If you do plan on updating it, can I request that you slightly decrease the amount of rocks?

And perhaps add some dirt tracks and paths. Otherwise it's fine as it is. :)

Why this nice map has been stopped undating for quite some time?

The author answered that at the top of this very page.

I have stopped devolpment on Aiaktalik for a while because there was a bug that crahes the game, when loading the map, for some people. It seemed it had something to do with the very steep surfaces, an important feature of the map that i didnt want to remove. Anyway, the latest beta patch seemed to adress a crash on certain custom maps, so far i'm under the impression that the weird loading crash on aiaktalik is fixed with this beta aswell.

Would appreciate if those that experienced that crash before could confirm if its fixed now? If it is, i might pick up devolpment on Aiaktalik...

The author answered that at the top of this very page.

------Thanks for your quotation. I didn't notice it. I never met a crash........

Can the this final version be uploaded to Armaholic? I don't use the Six Updater...
The island is exclusively released, updated and maintained on the excellent Six Updater Platform by Sickboy.

This has been asked before and the answer was no. As far as I know the answer is still no.

The map has a big quite different terrain, but without road and village, it is just a desolate area. Strongly expecting an advance update!