Sign in to follow this  
Chill xl

SIX Aiaktalik map Beta1 released

Still get that crash running the map only and running it with ace only.

If you load the game jump onto the server you CTD as you start loading into the game.

(To get around this you must load the map in the editor first :/ )

Sakahah Al Jawf map had the same problem. One of the rvmat files wasnt named correctly i think or it wasnt named correctly in the config. i dunno if you have checked these but we need a fix :( lol..

The map hasnt crashed on me once since i added the '-maxmem=2047' line to the target line, i havent tried this latest beta, but i have downloaded it

i've checked the names and couldnt find anthing out of order. Can you explain what you mean whith "misnamed" or "not named correctly"?

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

btw, the map hasnt crashed on me so far aswell. Can you, whenever that happens, post or send me the rpt? Maybe we can find something...

RPT =

Error in expression <eOn*camPos*grass*((rpm factor[0.3, 0.6])>

Error position: <>

Error Missing )

Error Missing )

Array index out of range

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00907955

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00907955

That other map which had the dedicated server memory leak i cant get the orginal source files the map maker left the comunity and deleted all files and posts he had, also where the fix for the leak was the link is so old its not working but this is what his whole post says:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1146010&postcount=146

RPT =

That other map which had the dedicated server memory leak i cant get the orginal source files the map maker left the comunity and deleted all files and posts he had, also where the fix for the leak was the link is so old its not working but this is what his whole post says:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1146010&postcount=146

Code:
 Error Missing )Kommt von:

Code:
  class ThreadsOutS0
  {
   sound[] = {"ca\sounds\Vehicles\Tracked\Other\ext\ext_diesel_treads_soft_01",1,1,200};
   frequency = "1";
   volume = "engineOn*camPos*grass*((rpm factor[0.3, 0.6]) min (rpm factor[0.6, 0.3]))";
  };

http://hx3.de/mods-addons-108/leben-bunt-grantenstark-t-72-bmp-reskin-14760/12/

Maybe this give something? the above code is copied from the website link above and a thread by Kju. This is not directly an answer but it might be on the right track.

Now i know that the map i work on has the same problem (some ppl crash and others not at all, if loaded first in editor it works). I do know that i use self defined sounds and volumes. Chill you use that too? (am at work now so i cant check my sounds).

Edited by spirit6

No, i dont have any sounds configured. But i do know Chernarus and utes both have these configurations. Could it be that Arma2 relies on certain sound config values, in other words, to have a map working properly, there should be a certain sound configuration?

I noticed i have a reference to a cutscene mission which is not there. At the moment i'm building the map without this reference and see what comes up. Maybe cutscenes and sound configs are related?

Code:
 Error Missing )Kommt von:

Code:
  class ThreadsOutS0
  {
   sound[] = {"ca\sounds\Vehicles\Tracked\Other\ext\ext_diesel_treads_soft_01",1,1,200};
   frequency = "1";
   volume = "engineOn*camPos*grass*((rpm factor[0.3, 0.6]) min (rpm factor[0.6, 0.3]))";
  };

http://hx3.de/mods-addons-108/leben-bunt-grantenstark-t-72-bmp-reskin-14760/12/

Maybe this give something? the above code is copied from the website link above and a thread by Kju. This is not directly an answer but it might be on the right track.

Now i know that the map i work on has the same problem (some ppl crash and others not at all, if loaded first in editor it works). I do know that i use self defined sounds and volumes. Chill you use that too? (am at work now so i cant check my sounds).

managed to translate this part

Legislator gave to me still the ArmA2.rpt messages. Apparent two textures are missing and material of the Models make some at riot in the report.

I think there is a problem with the grass texture? Maybe make the Arma2 pbo required the one with the grass in it? or check the file paths that the grass/bushes use etc to see if there trying to find a grass file or something?

or could be the sound :s

Edited by MattXR

No, i dont have any sounds configured. But i do know Chernarus and utes both have these configurations. Could it be that Arma2 relies on certain sound config values, in other words, to have a map working properly, there should be a certain sound configuration?

I noticed i have a reference to a cutscene mission which is not there. At the moment i'm building the map without this reference and see what comes up. Maybe cutscenes and sound configs are related?

Nope, your world class is nothing but copied attributes from for example utes. If you point to a problematic cutscene it will not be problematic, all it does then is give you some black screen into sea. Tahts nothing major.

So that part is fine. Now i think what is left is to double check the rvmats.

I rechecked th rvmats and they look fine. I have just 3, so that shouldnt be alot of work. Not sure if theres something missing thoug, as they are quite simple. At least the paths to the paa files are good!

@chill xl

You think you could post updates to this nice map with both ways to dl. Like one for the Six system and one for an old way with the zip file? Would be nice. Armaholic would make some links as well there good at that. In all words its an vary nice map just not to crazy about the time thing where you have to change the month just to get it dark or light out. Also if you are up to par with it of making an desert map of this size with nice sand dunes and palm trees would be vary nice too. Vary nice work keep it going.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Hi

Six-Updater can't find the host on my system. Think I had tryed all the walk around, with no sucess. So I had used the Lazy metod, downloading the cfg file, to install the ACE mod.

Now how can I install the island addon? I had download the file

@six_aiaktalik.7z save it into six-updater root dir, like i did for ACE and ACEX files. Then started the Six-Updater and choose option 21. After the update done, no Aiaktailk island. What can I do?

P.S. Off topic. After Six-update finish it's job and start the game (option 21), arma 2 run extremely slow and my system lag. To correct it I have to reboot machine.

Thanks in Advance

PLebre

@chill xl

You think you could post updates to this nice map with both ways to dl. Like one for the Six system and one for an old way with the zip file? Would be nice. Armaholic would make some links as well there good at that. In all words its an vary nice map just not to crazy about the time thing where you have to change the month just to get it dark or light out. Also if you are up to par with it of making an desert map of this size with nice sand dunes and palm trees would be vary nice too. Vary nice work keep it going.

A BIG plus for using a system like SIX Updater is the removal of the need to package and distribute the release via zip files etc, cutting down the amount of work for the author, especially when its a WIP and updates are expected. So i wouldnt hold your breath. Rather spend a few minutes getting SIX Updater working and learn how to use it. After all, hundreds of hours work goes into addons, and then people STILL expect the authors to basically deliver it to their desktop for them.

I like the canyons very much but not as much the tons of big trees in different colour. For example bigger areas with only brownish bushes Rhamadi or the lite Sahrani-Dry like would be nice.........oh my english...

I tried the map and found it quiet strange, doesn't look like earth, I mean what part of the world is it supposed to be like ?

tnx for the feedback, as you might have noticed its beta or wip atm. At the moment i am trying different ettngs for the trees and forests. Personally i dont like the yellowish trees in there aswell, so those are out next update. Furthermore i have reduced trees and forest to get the "barren" overall feel. The goal is to get the terrain to be a rugged and mountainoius terrain, that reminds somewhat of the Shahi-Kot Valley in afghanistan.

Please feel free to express opinions on the map and changes that i do, maybe i can do something with it...

Ive been mission making on this map (and i realise its a WIP still). The first version via armaholic, i love it. was perfect for a-stan style missions and had great areas for mobile armour ops.

I only just updated it using six updater and i gotta say, its worse than the original release. Theres WAY too many rocks on the ground in the 'flatter' areas, making vehicle mobility a PITA. the low, flat areas really should be made so they are conducive to vehicle movement. im not saying billiard table flat, but certainly not as rocky as it is currently. driving between them is a real annoyance. it also looks pretty silly.

although i havent tested it yet, im also thinking that it will make ai pathing really broken. ai vehicle movement will just get stuck.

on the high areas where theres even more bigger rocks, from a distance it kinda looks pretty odd. its probably that they are grey in a sandstone environment, but they just look all sort of 'stuck' on.

Edited by chappy

@Chill xl

The map is looking great and to be honest is my favorite map of them all. I have been looking for an "Afgan" map.

I have one suggestion and that would be to remove some of the big boulders on the flat areas and instead make them the smaller microterrain type. Also if possible make some of them (the majority) more sandy color.

All in All you got something great going on here and thank you for your work and continued support.

Tnx for the feedback, i really appreciate it. Altough "looks" isnt top on my prio list, i do think its important. I'm with you guys that the grey rocks and boulders stand out, i hope i'm able to do a reskin on these for this map. Furthermore i will spend some time on either redistributing the boulders on the plains or removing some of them. Maybe another idea is to add a road/track/trail network which of course avoids and clears some the boulders and rocks to make it easier to drive around.

Like i said previously, it's all stil wip and i'm still looking to find a good ballance for it (not too full but not empty either...). Next update cuts quite alot of trees and personally i love this version so far, i think it feels very barren and rugged now... Hope you guys like this episode :P

One more big fan of desert maps here, and I really like this one too. The sheer scale and the altitude differences are fantastic, and even with its current "empty" state the map provides excellent gameplay. Performance is great all around the map. When going about your business of removing the rocks and trees please consider the following aspects:

• The rocks are just the right size to provide excellent cover for man-sized objects on an otherwise pretty open map. Imho it wouldn't hurt to make them appear a bit more often than what "realistic" would be, of course keeping in mind the mobility requirements. In the first version there were way too many of them on the plains, while to me the way they are in the latest version seems about right. The plains could still use just a little less of rocks, but the mountains are spot on.
  • Keep denser pockets of trees here and there even on the plains. They divide the open spaces nicely and result in surprising close-quarters engagements.
  • More vegetation around the "riverbeds", less where no "water" is near.
  • You've already said this may time yourself, but it's also on my "wishlist": More bushes, a rudimentary road network and some buildings. Nothing big because I'd hate to see the great performance go away, but little something to make mission building a bit less tedious.

I tihnk the best way to approach rocks on the low land areas would be to clump them up if you want to have a lot, so that movement between them is possible with the vehicles but they still offer cover to infantry in areas where they are concentrated.

In the mountainous areas, put as many up there as u like, rugged mountains are good :)

Im not sure how the rock sizes affect things but if you wanted to make it rough going for vehicles, perhaps there are smaller ones so that the vehicles can actually drive over them but it just slows their progress down..

for vegetation, to me it would seem natural for the vegetation to be concentrated around the re-entrants and deep defiles where water would naturally course or pool.

I assume you are planning to add in compounds and villlages? are they going to be afghan/central asian in style?

managed to translate this part

I think there is a problem with the grass texture? Maybe make the Arma2 pbo required the one with the grass in it? or check the file paths that the grass/bushes use etc to see if there trying to find a grass file or something?

or could be the sound :s

Hey Matt, can you tell me what gfx card you and those that also crash on island loading are running? So far i have seen ATi cards ctd...

Furthmore, another idea is a missing intro mission, that has been added to next update of the map that's out asap and available with the six updater.

Changelog:

* added intro mission

* reduced 25000 rocks on the plains

* reduced and redistributed trees/forest, removed the brownish trees totally

* added bushes on plains and light slopes

Hope you guys like it, as i'm quite satisfied with this result. Hope to see some feedback also on the possible crashing aswell!

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

SIX Aiaktalik beta 1.3 is now available.

To get or update the map, use the Six Updater Platform by Sickboy.

bedtime for me now but i'll check it out tomorrow and let you know. great response! :)