Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

The last update ruined my Ace install. Somehow have gone from 184 to 183, just deleted all of the ace files + sixinstaller and reinstalled from scratch. Downloaded all new CBA / ACEX and ACE folders, still showing 183, any ideas?

Please note the updater says Current Version: 184, but the Arma 2 splash screen says 183.

Edited by rexehuk

Just thought I'd show you guys our first attack on ACE2, figured I'd start with something small but beautiful :)

Hope you like it. More to follow no doubt ;)

Will you re-introduce the FCS for helo's in the future? It was a blast in ACE1. Great work so far guys, it really does make online play that much more fun again

Just thought I'd show you guys our first attack on ACE2, figured I'd start with something small but beautiful :)

Hope you like it. More to follow no doubt ;)

Sounds great :cool:

The last update ruined my Ace install. Somehow have gone from 184 to 183, just deleted all of the ace files + sixinstaller and reinstalled from scratch. Downloaded all new CBA / ACEX and ACE folders, still showing 183, any ideas?

Please note the updater says Current Version: 184, but the Arma 2 splash screen says 183.

Weird. Please create a ticket, and attach ace_main.pbo, and your updater log files, thanks!

I just updated and my version is 184 and main screen also says 184, maybe you screwed something up :)

Weird. Please create a ticket, and attach ace_main.pbo, and your updater log files, thanks!

Sickboy. I have done your job for you and found an annoying bug!

Turns out that old @ACE etc were hiding in a virtualstore (W7 x64) under my user area. It turns out that ARMA 2 was reading from the virtual store location even though the target line pointed towards the C:\Prog Files\Bohemia\Arma 2 directory with the latest versions.

Very strange error... Might want to solve that or ticket it in your system as solved for future users.

Basically REMOVE all virtualstore ACE folders to solve the issue.

I just updated and my version is 184 and main screen also says 184, maybe you screwed something up

Not likely :) I put it down to the original updater etc, didnt place even place userconfigs in /userconfig for most people, had to be manually dragged from Ace/userconfig. Anyway the issue is solved now for me and others hopefully :)

Thanks!

Original updater was bugged, but that got fixed in the last days. Userconfig stuff is all handled automatically, and also improved.

Your virtual store should not have been touched if instructions were followed though, RUN THE SOFTWARE ALWAYS AS ADMIN :)

But, i'll try to do something about it anyway :) Tnx again.

Edited by Sickboy

Still can't hear radio voices with this at the client config: //#define ACE_NOVOICE. Am i missing something ?

Still can't hear radio voices with this at the client config: //#define ACE_NOVOICE. Am i missing something ?

Probably editing the wrong configuration files. Check Userconfig\ACE instead.

Thanks!

Original updater was bugged, but that got fixed in the last days. Userconfig stuff is all handled automatically, and also improved.

Your virtual store should not have been touched if instructions were followed though, RUN THE SOFTWARE ALWAYS AS ADMIN :)

But, i'll try to do something about it anyway :) Tnx again.

No worries, it may be linked to this thread - http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6733

Stick together Module... do I just place it in mission or do I have to sync it to player and team leaders?

I just install last night. My splash screen shows x.x.182! mmm. I run Rsync Tool and it says "up to date, not updated!".

rexehuk

I am a hardware guy, could kinda tell me where the vertualstore is so i can del it or what files to del.

Thanks

Hardtail60

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Reading Rsync info @ http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6733

non dedicated servers cant use addosynch

That's actually very incorrect. AddonSync only requires you have access to an ftp or http server (or know how to set one up quickly).

These days setting up a private ftp server for sharing a few files takes about 10 minutes max.

Edited by Yoma

Concerning MODS

Ive seen tons of people having trouble launching the game.

why don't you use a separate launcher ( I use Alpinestars ArmA 2 launcher ) ?

Six updater is a great for updating the game, and some of the MODs but if i want to use other mods with ACE, like JTD FireandSmoke, War Particle Effects, ect its much simpler to have Alpinestars launcher, and select the MOD you want instead of hassling with the shortcut every time you ad or remove a MOD

The software you guys made is fantastic sickboy, big props to you and the ACE 2 team.

Everything worked fine, and the little update errors wer quickly fixed by you.

A very big THANK you from Switzerland :-)

So you didn't cut the radio messages? It would be great if somebody tells me how to make them heard:)

So you didn't cut the radio messages? It would be great if somebody tells me how to make them heard:)

Take a look at ACE2's FAQ page. You have to edit your ACE userconfig file.

I just install last night. My splash screen shows x.x.182! mmm. I run Rsync Tool and it says "up to date, not updated!".

rexehuk

I am a hardware guy, could kinda tell me where the vertualstore is so i can del it or what files to del.

Thanks

Hardtail60

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Reading Rsync info @ http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6733

**Note** You will need to set hidden folders to visible which can be done via Tools\Folder Options\View in any Windows explorer window. ***

Your looking at something like C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\ and then deleting the Arma 2 directory (or just the ACE related folders).

Hope this helps :)

I read the wiki about the 'Stick Together' module and how it sounds you just place the module in the game, without sync'ing it to player. Is that correct?

I read the wiki about the 'Stick Together' module and how it sounds you just place the module in the game, without sync'ing it to player. Is that correct?

I'm pretty sure that's the case. That's all I've done.

Raptor13270,

I don't think there is one in ACE2. Try this though:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8528

It may have a replacement for this ACOG model. If not ask the author, he can probably add one.

Edited by Manzilla

Concerning MODS

Ive seen tons of people having trouble launching the game.

why don't you use a separate launcher ( I use Alpinestars ArmA 2 launcher ) ?

Six updater is a great for updating the game, and some of the MODs but if i want to use other mods with ACE, like JTD FireandSmoke, War Particle Effects, ect its much simpler to have Alpinestars launcher, and select the MOD you want instead of hassling with the shortcut every time you ad or remove a MOD

The software you guys made is fantastic sickboy, big props to you and the ACE 2 team.

Everything worked fine, and the little update errors wer quickly fixed by you.

A very big THANK you from Switzerland :-)

You can launch it just like any other mod, the updater just gives you the option to launch.