Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Herr_kalashnikov,

I deleted the 3 folders, and uninstalled six-updater. Redownloaded all the files for the ACE. Now it looks like it is installing correctly. Yes it is unpacking @ACEX.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will let you know if I am up and runnning. I probably will try the SF server.

Hardtail

aka Deadmemories

Do you put the 7z folders in the updater folder (@ACE.7z) or the folder inside it (.rsync)?

You create a folder called @ACE and inside of it put the .rsync folder corresponding (ACE .rsync folder inside @ACE, ACEX .rsync folder inside @ACEX, CBA .rsync folder inside @CBA, etc). This folders must be in your ArmA2 folder

Something like this

sixupdater6.jpg

The image is taken with ACE2 Mod already installed & updated by using the Six Updater (normal method, not the lazy one).

I tried to be as clear as possible, if you have any problems just say so:D

i have problems with the dominations mission , when i select them on my server ,its reading the mission over and over in the server sonsole ,

It was all ok befor i updated ace2 and the beta with the six-iupdater tool

delete the mod folders from your arma2 drectory (@ACE, @ACEX, @CBA) then run the updater

Based on your answers,ACE2 successful upgrade:yay:

Thank you:):thanx:

Herr_kalashnikov,

I deleted the 3 folders, and uninstalled six-updater. Redownloaded all the files for the ACE. Now it looks like it is installing correctly. Yes it is unpacking @ACEX.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will let you know if I am up and runnning. I probably will try the SF server.

Hardtail

aka Deadmemories

All set.. at ver .185.

Thanks all :yay:

for Windows 7 users that have problems with the Web-UI:

make a copy of the Six-Updater launcher and change the path to "C:\Program Files\Six-Updater\tools\ruby\bin\ruby.exe" -rubygems six-updater-web.rb

so utilize the original to update the launcher and the copy to update\install the mod.it worked for me.bye

(everything is explained on DevHeaven)

I know this may have been answered a few hundred times before .. but thread is quite long:

What to do to get ACE-mod running on our server?

Thanx!

Thanks for the quick response Sickboy. I don't know why it moved everything to my VirtualStore folder. It's working now but still getting some strange behaviors with my ArmA2 launcher.

I know this may have been answered a few hundred times before .. but thread is quite long:

What to do to get ACE-mod running on our server?

Thanx!

Install it just like you did on your PC, but make sure that the .bikey are in the keys folder (if you are using signatures)

sorry if already asked but how do I get the version 01.184 from 1.182? thanks, I did run my update but to no avail, thanks.

I ran my update by pressing 2 instead of 1 like I originally did.

You create a folder called @ACE and inside of it put the .rsync folder corresponding (ACE .rsync folder inside @ACE, ACEX .rsync folder inside @ACEX, CBA .rsync folder inside @CBA, etc). This folders must be in your ArmA2 folder

Why is this nowhere in SickBoys instructions (that I can see)? Took me hours to figure this out - and I only figured it out completely by chance.

SickBoy re-write your instructions please!

Just for handyness:

A.C.E. Mod Beta, Update #3 is Up (And all mirrors in sync, awaiting your requests :D)

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/243

Why is this nowhere in SickBoys instructions (that I can see)? Took me hours to figure this out - and I only figured it out completely by chance.

SickBoy re-write your instructions please!

Because if you follow my instructions, you don't have to do any of it :)

You are supposed to put the .7z files, NOT unpacked, in your six-updater folder, that is where the updater can pick em up. You only have to do this the first time installation.

Sure you can unpack em manually, but that's not required :)

Otherwise when you have custom installed the mod folders, from custom sources or whatever, that is obviously the problem.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

or

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater#Usage (Quick instructions are usually preferred)

Edited by Sickboy

how to update from 182 to 185 now I guess, thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

sickboy I did run the installer first by using 2 and it did not update to 185, then i used 21 and it said something that I have acex files but not compatible or something? any ideas?

Because if you follow my instructions, you don't have to do any of it :)

You are supposed to put the .7z files, NOT unpacked, in your six-updater folder, that is where the updater can pick em up. You only have to do this the first time installation.

Sure you can unpack em manually, but that's not required :)

Otherwise when you have custom installed the mod folders, from custom sources or whatever, that is obviously the problem.

Does this include CBA?

Not saying this to start an argument, but I've guided 2 buddies through the install process and they've had the same issue.

I've also heard from many, many people who haven't had to manually install the repositories.

Don't know whats up, but I know my 2 buddies and I all manually installed CBA (because we had it already), and dowloaded @ACE.7z and @ACEX.7z from Armaholic.com

Does ACE.rsync.7z go into the SixUpdater folder at the initial install?

Edited by BigMorgan

Sickboy here is what it says:

@ACE folder already exists but seems incompatable, not installing

@ACEX folder already exists but seems incompatable, not installing

blackpulpit, try dowloading the .rsync repositories. You can find them on the same page as the @ACE.7z and @ACEX.7z files on Armaholic. Extract the folder (named ".rsync") in ACE.rsync.7z and copy it into both modfolders (i.e. @ACE and @ACEX).

How can I use this gun?

In a units init line add:

this addWeapon "That_weapons_class_name";

Or it's not in game yet if it's just WIP pic.

Edited by Manzilla

How does six-updater find a valid installation folder? Im trying to get 6 updater to run on my server and I have 2 installations of arma2

Can I edit this config?

I am confused a little... I downloaded ACE2_CfgVehicles and dont know if I am understanding what it is for.. I mean is it just to show us vehicles names and what type of vehicles are in ACE.. or do we need to place it somewhere?

Yeah I know it is kinda a rookie question, but would like some clarification. Cheers

@Sickboy

Is there any chance we can get some ACE_HK416's?

and

What is up with the High Command in ACE.. it looks a little different than vanilla ArmA2? Also is there any way I can order subordinate units to load in vehicles?

Edited by Meatball0311

I have no idea what its code is. :(

Is it a picture you found somewhere or is that your screen shot?

If it's a IP it's probably not in game, if it's even part of ACE2.

EDIT:

It's the M16A4.

this addWeapon "M16A4";

Edited by Manzilla

The Parachutes still remain on the map and are not packed away by the AI.

ACE 185, Domi West 1.24

Edit: Never mind, my fault

They got deleted after town was free

Edited by Fire