Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Someone with the right skills(Not I :D) could probably make something like that. You have to ba able to incorperate being able to target and indiviual spot on the map(like being GPS guided) or be able to lock onto a laser spot all with the same weapon. I don't know what kind of work-around would have to be used as you wouldn't be able to target vehicles, rather only a stationary point on the map. But, I will leave it at that since we are getting way off topic of the purpose of this thread.

might be possible since artillery targets a specific point

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

on the bright side the redundant questions about ACE have slowed down :D

Just one thing, trying to get\download A.C.E 2 with the Six updater. It says starting application 2.3.5 on http://127.0.0.1:16333. But when the web client opens-the internet browser, just says look up error. I can't get connected for some reason, tryed 10 times and still the same message. Is their a alternate down load for A.C.E II. If not,WHY NOT?

What if people can not connect to this server for some reason, thier just **** out of luck or what. Thank you in advance for any help or mirror links. I'll try again tomorow some time..

Edited by adamant

Just one thing, trying to get\download A.C.E 2 with the Six updater. It says starting application 2.3.5 on http://127.0.0.1:16333. But when the web client opens the internet browser, just says look up error. I can't get connected for some reason, tryed 10 times and still the same message. Is their a alternate down load for A.C.E II. If not,WHY NOT?

What if people can not connect to this server for some reason, thier just **** out of luck or what. Thank you in advance for any help or mirror links. I'll try again tomorow some time..

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

Go there.

Once there download one of those files depending whether you're running a beta patch or not. Follow the instructions: Place file in six-updater folder. When done start sixupdater and run option 2.

OK, one less for you to answer sickboy and ACE-team, I hope I made time for you to answer my question some posts back. :)

I'm having an issue with sandbags, maybe someone can help me out:

Supposedly you can do it up to where you can mount a weapon on a sandbag wall you make. However, I can't get it higher than four sandbags, which isn't high enough to mount...Am I doing something wrong, or is this the way it's made?

I can't even get the sandbags to stack!

But I do know that if you just put one down and correctly position yourself behind it while prone, you can "deploy" your weapon on it. It might take some wiggling to find the sweet spot though.

I can't even get the sandbags to stack!

But I do know that if you just put one down and correctly position yourself behind it while prone, you can "deploy" your weapon on it. It might take some wiggling to find the sweet spot though.

Yup, me neither. I put up a ticket on this matter on the first day.

Me and my friend are using Symantec Endpoint and it turns out it blocks the updater. The updater simply says that there are no updates availabe if the firewall is on and tries the rsync thingy on all available servers. I had allowed the updater to operate when the firewall asked about it twice but still it got blocked. I have a third friend who couldn't update either but I don't know which firewall he is running but it sure isn't Symantec.

anyone others got sometimes issues with using grenades at multiplayer with ace2?

sometimes i have diffrent grenades on me, and visible in my gear but i cannot choose them as weapon and cannot use them.

i think i can remember something similar at ace1 also.

anyone others got sometimes issues with using grenades at multiplayer with ace2?

sometimes i have diffrent grenades on me, and visible in my gear but i cannot choose them as weapon and cannot use them.

i think i can remember something similar at ace1 also.

Try to drop them and pick em up again. If that works, i fear it is a bug from vanilla arma [had it in MP quiet a lot since A2 release].

Otherwise please make a ticket at ACE 2 Mod Tracker.

Is the snipers digital "wind-o-meter" present in the game? Or have I totally overlooked something?

I'm wondering if there are any plans for islands in the future, like the ACE Island pack.

There is no plan to do it within ACE...It's up to kju and the_f if they want to move ACEIP over to A2, which they somewhat already did via CAA1 project. Or most of them anyways.

Regarding new HQ Islands, no, there is no plan for such thing

Is the snipers digital "wind-o-meter" present in the game? Or have I totally overlooked something?

Check the US Special weapons box, it's called Kestrel 4500. Had problems finding it myself too. Once you take it, use Shift+K to open it on your screen. Some of the buttons on the wind-o-meter are working btw.

Oh and you can close it via escape. (or maybe there's a working power off button, didn't check that though.)

Edited by Cole

So are there any plans to add more Eastern/OPFOR equipment to ACE2?

So many toys for West, the Russians are feeling left out of the fun. lol

There are plans to equip the eastern side more than they are atm. I cant list or promise what will be added. But it is worked on for sure.

Can anyone help me? I updated Ace correctly and the version.txt file says I´ve got 185, however when I join a server it still detects it as version 182.

You have to add to your unit:

this addWeapon "ACE_Kestrel4500"

Thanks guys!

Does anyone know if the wind gauge arrow can be switched on at all times? If not...can the ACE's make it a on-off switch instead of a timed button. Or is it to simulate the sniper doing the "lick finger" gauge? :D

So are there any plans to add more Eastern/OPFOR equipment to ACE2?

So many toys for West, the Russians are feeling left out of the fun. lol

Yes, it's been mentioned about 100 times.

@[DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Please select option 2 from the launcher, and try again.

It is. But it is module activated.

So how to activate it, so that it runs on all missions?

How do I make a clean install? I uninstalled the updater and deleted @Ace folders in Arma, but my launcher still detects some @Ace.rsync.pack mod in the directory.

just like other mods

I think you missunderstood my question. I have got ACE installed. My question is how to activate the wounding/healing system.

Anybody an idea?

For Handyness:

I was able to put an hour or so in the updater-server site, I applied the template of one of my other projects, the template is by Chill :)

I've added list of mods, versions, sizes, and when they were updated (WHICH IS NOT ACCURATE ATM), and there's prototype RSS feature, probably not even useful yet.

At some point I intend to use the information also in the web-client.

Still very WIP, don't bother naughty comments ;)

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main Now with RSS (WIP), and Changelogs

(Same framework as the web-client ;))

Me and my friend are using Symantec Endpoint and it turns out it blocks the updater. The updater simply says that there are no updates availabe if the firewall is on and tries the rsync thingy on all available servers. I had allowed the updater to operate when the firewall asked about it twice but still it got blocked. I have a third friend who couldn't update either but I don't know which firewall he is running but it sure isn't Symantec.
Thanks a lot for sharing. I will investigate the issue.
I think you missunderstood my question. I have got ACE installed. My question is how to activate the wounding/healing system.

Anybody an idea?

Wounds is under development and hence only available as module to activate atm.

Edited by Sickboy

Anybody an idea?

Place the AE Wound System module on a map, you have to add it to missions yourself at the moment. But beware, it doesn't work for AI only player(according to Xeno). And do not use the BIS FA system with it.