Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Strange, hmm... It tells me that EnablePorto needs the file CAA1_p_Roads. And both files are perfectly intact. I suppose they guy below is right, this isn't meant to work with older files. Then how is it working for you? Did you install the A.C.E extras and core as well?

You MUST load CAA1 AFTER CBA and BEFORE ACE ;)

So it will look like this:

-mod=beta;@CBA;x\oac\oac_core;x\caa1;@ACE;@ACEX 

Got it, working good now :).

Is the version 184? My version is 184 but all the servers are still running 182?

Has anyone played around with the wound system? It works great for me, as the player, if I equip the morphine, bandages, etc and walk up to a wounded team mate, press the right windows button and proceed through the steps. Unfortunately if I try to order my ACE SF medic, with all needed medical equipment, to heal the very same player nothing happens. The medic just walks over to him, his icon says "Heal" or sometimes "Action" and after about a minute he says negative.

The wound system is still heavy WIP and can currently only be used by players.

Normal ArmA 2 magic heal is completely disabled when the wounds module is activated. A medic still gets the action menu entry but can't do anything.

I'll get back to work on it next weekend though it'll take some time until AI will also have the same abilites (personally I don't need it :))

Xeno

Having to install another program and etc just to "keep it uptodate" is the biggest load of shit i've ever seen! Instead of trying to simplify things for the end user you only succeed in making them harder! YOu've released video's that just show the Six Updater program working "COOL STORY BRO" but you DONT SHOW how to install Ace with the CBA mod or it it needs to go in the ArmA directory or the Six Updater directory.

Seriously biggest turd out there installation wise! Should've just left it at the ole "Create @Ace2 folder...."

Having to install another program and etc just to "keep it uptodate" is the biggest load of shit i've ever seen! Instead of trying to simplify things for the end user you only succeed in making them harder! YOu've released video's that just show the Six Updater program working "COOL STORY BRO" but you DONT SHOW how to install Ace with the CBA mod or it it needs to go in the ArmA directory or the Six Updater directory.

Seriously biggest turd out there installation wise! Should've just left it at the ole "Create @Ace2 folder...."

:O dont bloody use it then bye bye

Very constructive and well mannered post, thank you.

There are a great many people and sites that supply you with legacy distribution means.

Otherwise, Use the Lazy way: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

And I'd suggest to read up on something you are going to comment so blindly on.

- http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/237

- http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91500

You could senkronise your FTp client with server.Filezillas directory comparison for modified date was works.

uptade your computer,then compare @ACE>addons folders computer to Sever.

The uptaded pbos in your coputer will have differenet colors.Then upload only that pbos.

You can also use AddonSync... same thing in an easyer way :D

That are big words for a free addon.

U seriously think they made it this way just to iritate u? The part u seem to miss is that the six-updater isnt just a download tool it also keeps differential changes so u only have to update the changed code not the complete pbo or even addon.

Sure there are cleaner and easier ways for this to be interfaced, but as i read the devs 1st wanna see the engine at work in a real stressy enviroment, i guess a ACE beta release is a fine stresstest :)

So basicly

- u read up on how the current updater works

- download it with alternate methods

- leave this mod and move on

No need to call someones development project that kind of names :(

You can also use AddonSync... same thing in an easyer way :D
The purpose is the same: Synchronizing of addons, but it's certainly not the same thing, nor does it work the same :)

Both systems have their appliances.

I really cant believe the attitude of some people here. The ACE team work tirelessly to give the community something fresh, new and exciting with the sole purpose of enhancing everyone's experience (for FREE no less) yet we still see certain individuals pi**ing and moaning because they cant be bothered to get off their arses and figure out a simple piece of software which, in the long run, will make their lives FAR easier.

You guys better knock it off, because if you keep carrying on as you are we may all find that the ACE team take their efforts elsewhere. We've all seen talented modders give it up in the past because of the abuse (and thats exactly what it is) they sometimes have to endure.

But to finish on a positive note, congrats to all involved in the production of ACE and its update options. I remember well the injection of life ArmA had as a result of the same mod this time last year. Its happening all over again! A stroke of genius on both counts! Thank you all :)

non dedicated servers cant use addosynch or six-uptader.the easit way is uptadin on your computer via six-uptader with one click and then use FTp clients directory comparison to uptade server,i think.

And couldnt get and answer for this,onyone confirm ?

bug or only me ? but logo works fine on ace or non ace other vehicles and the other side is normal.

Edited by W0lle
Quoted image

if you are too lazy to read or watch 5min of HOWTO for this AMAZING mod, and you are too lazy to click 3 buttons to install it.. Just let it be?

-its a BETA

-its free

-noone forced you to use it

thx again to sickboy and all the other aceteam for this great work.

lets just support them with constructive critic, bugreports and suggestions so this mod gets better and better :)

p.s. also i was a bit sceptic about the sync tool. but actually its easy and working great. very useful for lot of new releases.

Yeah, I gotta say that seeing how people are treating this kinda takes a shine off of doing mods generally. I mean, when you get into community development, you know there are going to be some people who just find stuff to complain about, but alot of the criticism about this auto-updater thing is just WAY over the top.

Don't get me wrong, I do think it could've been done better/differently ;) but that was the choice the developers made. C'est la vie.

There is a bit of a bright side. It is only because people are SO excited about this mod that they are so emotional. It is quite a compliment that you can bring out such intense feelings in people based on your work.

The purpose is the same: Synchronizing of addons, but it's certainly not the same thing, nor does it work the same :)

Both systems have their appliances.

Yeah, sorry.. I didnt explayned good.

Sure I think SixUpdater/rSync is better beacause when you release the updates, they will update the clients in quite the same moment.

AddonSync needs to be "syncronized" by the server/repo admin... so could be not updated for a whyle...

Anyway in my repo I'm offering also included the rSynch folders. It means that first time all is about 1gb... but if you want you can use rsync to update it later...

Anyway, you deserve a medal guy... impressive job and impressive support!

Yay. Now all we need are some PvP servers...

-k

Six updater is working great for me but it kicks in the logitech service and brings my system to its knees (100% cpu) unless I stop that process. Dont know what the link is between the updater and this service.

Just want to say I am having alot of fun so far with whats been done, can't wait for the rest of it to come out! :bounce3:

Also, loving the six-updater. Sure it was abit more difficult than your average mod to set up but after actually reading over the instructions a few times and then reading through this thread it works like a charm. Its an absolute life saver for me while I am stuck with unis really slow net :D

Yay. Now all we need are some PvP servers...

-k

Do you think the audience is enough? Cause if yes, I can do rather easily. What kind of PvP mode?

Yeah, I gotta say that seeing how people are treating this kinda takes a shine off of doing mods generally. I mean, when you get into community development, you know there are going to be some people who just find stuff to complain about, but alot of the criticism about this auto-updater thing is just WAY over the top.

Don't get me wrong, I do think it could've been done better/differently ;) but that was the choice the developers made. C'est la vie.

There is a bit of a bright side. It is only because people are SO excited about this mod that they are so emotional. It is quite a compliment that you can bring out such intense feelings in people based on your work.

I think the problem is that about 70% of people don't understand WHAT a "WIP" or "BETA" is.

In their mind is "not fair" or "not possible" that there are bugs, problems, some people with 0 problems and some people that cannot do nothing for install all the stuff....

My think is: if you wanna try beta, wip.... you have to "accept" that there will be for SURE some problems. You cannot complain, you can just give advices to developers. If you are not able to do this, please don't download it and wait the final version... :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Do you think the audience is enough? Cause if yes, I can do rather easily. What kind of PvP mode?

Yes Please! :) If you like I can host also in our clan dedicated public ACE server. Else.. I will play on yours :D

Also a simple TDM or CTF would be great I think! :yay:

Or a coop-style mission where instead of AI as opponets are humans

Six updater is working great for me but it kicks in the logitech service and brings my system to its knees (100% cpu) unless I stop that process. Dont know what the link is between the updater and this service.
it is a known issue with the software we use in our suite: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6734

Sorry at this time only workaround is stopping the service :O

Frankly I haven't got a clue. But like needed for the main game. Something small and sharp. Something reasonably tactical. Something round-based Something addictive. Something simple and sweet.

Hell. I'll settle for CTF. Best way to learn a game is through a medium with a high amounts of deaths/retries.

-k

The wound system is still heavy WIP and can currently only be used by players.

Normal ArmA 2 magic heal is completely disabled when the wounds module is activated. A medic still gets the action menu entry but can't do anything.

I'll get back to work on it next weekend though it'll take some time until AI will also have the same abilites (personally I don't need it :))

Xeno

It's all good Xeno! I always have my medics playable so I can just switch to them to heal. Thanks for the info.

would LOVE to play some big organised PvPs with ACE2.

hopeing for tacticalgamers, but would be nice to see more big ORGANISED PvP servers.

Actually i think the way its (ArmA2) meaned to be played is:

ArmA2 + ACE 2 + organised tactical PvP + 100 or more players + NO respawn ;)

Frankly I haven't got a clue. But like needed for the main game. Something small and sharp. Something reasonably tactical. Something round-based Something addictive. Something simple and sweet.

Hell. I'll settle for CTF. Best way to learn a game is through a medium with a high amounts of deaths/retries.

-k

I'm going hunting for ACE2 PvP CTF, then :)

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

would LOVE to play some big organised PvPs with ACE2.

hopeing for tacticalgamers, but would be nice to see more big ORGANISED PvP servers.

Actually i think the way its (ArmA2) meaned to be played is:

ArmA2 + ACE 2 + organised tactical PvP + 100 or more players + NO respawn ;)

That's not going to happen on a public server ;)

not speaking from a public server. TG is also mostly locked^^

ofc thats pretty much impossible on a public server.

must be organised games, organised times so all are on the server the right time. no JIP, (lag) etc.