Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

hello chaps. after a lot of pain, i THINK i have installed ACE 2 ok - at least i can see it unpacked in my ARMA 2 files.

however - i have no dedicated icon on my desk top to start the game and when i click on the old icon i just appears to open up as the same old Arma 2 1.4.

any ideas. i think it's on my PC somewhere!

Bouben just a question on your signature, how do you tell the AI to take cover?

Can someone please explain to me what the presets are all about, i.e. what they're for! I'm new to ARMA II & modding so I'm struggling. I was miffed yesterday because I downloaded ACE II files from some website, although I ran the Six Updater & ACE II appeared to download from what must be Sickboy's server..

hello chaps. after a lot of pain, i THINK i have installed ACE 2 ok - at least i can see it unpacked in my ARMA 2 files.

however - i have no dedicated icon on my desk top to start the game and when i click on the old icon i just appears to open up as the same old Arma 2 1.4.

any ideas. i think it's on my PC somewhere!

a little help here? should an ACE 2 icon have been installed on my desktop to start the game?

@Pete10 - nope, no desktop shortcut. I run ace2 using normal mod folders, you will find them inside your Arma2 directory (@ACE, @ACEX, @ACEX_SM, @CBA), easier with a launcher like Alpinestars Arma2 launcher.

a little help here? should an ACE 2 icon have been installed on my desktop to start the game?
Can someone please explain to me what the presets are all about, i.e. what they're for! I'm new to ARMA II & modding so I'm struggling. I was miffed yesterday because I downloaded ACE II files from some website, although I ran the Six Updater & ACE II appeared to download from what must be Sickboy's server..

I've documented the database models used in the web-client.

In the suite at this time are 2 default presets for ArmA 2 Vanilla (Patch 1.04 atm), and ArmA 2 Beta Patch (1.05 beta).

There are also 2 presets for ACE Mod at this time.

If you select an ACE preset, as on the video below, the installation / updating will take place.

NEW 2 Minute Video on how to get A.C.E Mod running. (Make sure you have the latest setup)

Basically:

1. Install Six Updater Suite
  2. Run "Six Updater - GUI"
  3. Once in the webbrowser, Click on Main, Select "A.C.E Mod" preset, and click "execute".

You can also pick the "A.C.E. Mod (A2 Beta)" preset if you like the official ArmA 2 Beta Patch.

You can also pick the action: "Install or Update and Startgame" before you hit execute, and you will immediately start the game with the right parameters after update procedures have completed.

Edited by Sickboy

er, so there is no simple desk top icon or something to click on to play ACE 2 once it is installed?

er, so there is no simple desk top icon or something to click on to play ACE 2 once it is installed?

GUI (Web-client), Main page, "A.C.E Mod preset" selected, Action: "Create desktop shortcut" selected, and hit execute.

Tada, desktopshortcut :)

Edited by Sickboy

try looking in your ArmA2 dir for a shortcut something like "Play ArmA2 with @CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM"...

Hi all ive been playing ACE2 now for a while and on servers it seems to be hit or miss as to when the dirt in eyes feature is happening (even without goggles).

some people say its happening to them when at the same time and place it does not for others me being one of the ones it did not happen to.

is there a known problem? if not i will create a ticket.

edit

this is from the downwash of choppers btw.

cheers

My updater seems to working out fine, but to be honest with you, with all of these posts about the updater makes me nervous at times whether or not my updater is giving me the most up to date.

I have been using the six-updater everyday by just selecting number 2. Originally I used the 'Beta' preset (the one under 'Vanilla and I believe that is the one that is being used when I update. Can I delete these other presets?

I am sure that I am up to date because I check out http://updater.dev-heaven.net/mods/feed

My mods are updated to:

six-updater - 0.4.9

CBA - 33

ACE- 190

ACEX - 158

Beta - 34

@six_aiaktalik - 7

@ACEX_sm - 8

six-updater21DEC09.jpg

My updater seems to working out fine, but to be honest with you, with all of these posts about the updater makes me nervous at times whether or not my updater is giving me the most up to date.

I have been using the six-updater everyday by just selecting number 2. Originally I used the 'Beta' preset (the one under 'Vanilla and I believe that is the one that is being used when I update. Can I delete these other presets?

If you have ran once without autoskip (and have reset skip status), running the "Six Updater - Console" shortcut will give you the same behaviour as before with launcher, option 2.

However, it is recommended to use your favorite preset in the web-client (GUI), main page, execute with 'autoskip' enabled.

To reset skip status or if you wanna verify your installation, follow these instructions; Reset-skip-status

Records can be deleted but the ones that are synchronized with the server site will come back after synchronization. In the future i'll see what I can do about that.

Other than the RSS feeds, you can review the latest mod version and info here:

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

Edited by Sickboy

Where can I find instructions on EASA please?

If someone was to put together a "relevant info post on ACE mod so this one could be closed, could be a good idea. No one can filter through 350+ pages to find information, can they?

Edited by [Ice]

If you have ran once without autoskip (and have reset skip status), running the "Six Updater - Console" shortcut will give you the same behaviour as before with launcher, option 2.

However, it is recommended to use your favorite preset in the web-client (GUI), main page, execute with 'autoskip' enabled.

To reset skip status or if you wanna verify your installation, follow these instructions; Reset-skip-status

Records can be deleted but the ones that are synchronized with the server site will come back after synchronization. In the future i'll see what I can do about that.

Other than the RSS feeds, you can review the latest mod version and info here:

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

I went and removed the autoskip and when it updated in the dos window it said 'WARNING: You seem to be running the 'beta' modfolder, but have not selected 'beta/arma2.exe'

How do I fix this?

21DEC09Warningyouseemtoberunningbet.jpg

Use the official ACE Mod (A2 Beta) preset or attach the Beta settings profile to your preset.

Or select the Beta settings profile on the main page, as override.

Documentation in the wiki. Please for further assistance move to the issue tracker.

Thanks.

(btw, i've noticed some weird behaviour with internet explorer during editing, these problems do not seem to exist with Firefox/Safari/Chrome)

I'm sorry you don't like the ACEX_SM sounds. But spamming your own product in this way on the ACE thread is not good.

1. You repackaged a number of ACEX_SM sounds without asking. ACE always asks before using other people's work and expects the same for our work. That is just common curtesy.

2. Your install instructions are not good. Placing files in the wrong places.

Oops, sry, did I spam? I just shared my own sounds man, chill! Nothing like commersials or spam in there, imho. :confused: I woulnd't do it at all if I didn't like like the ACE mod. You must understand that atleast.

Repacked ASEX_SM sound without asking? I didnt steal any sounds from thpse files, I replaced. God damn, where is this world headed...

Are those install instructions really hard to understand? Those are the places where atleast the default folders end up...

Plz explain more without insulting me and telling me this like a martyr...

Seems that you took the message "didn't like ALL the sounds" a little bit wrong.. Many sounds are good...

Bye bye...

Oops, sry, did I spam? I just shared my own sounds man, chill! Nothing like commersials or spam in there, imho. :confused: I woulnd't do it at all if I didn't like like the ACE mod. You must understand that atleast.

Repacked ASEX_SM sound without asking? I didnt steal any sounds from thpse files, I replaced. God damn, where is this world headed...

Are those install instructions really hard to understand? Those are the places where atleast the default folders end up...

Plz explain more without insulting me and telling me this like a martyr...

Seems that you took the message "didn't like ALL the sounds" a little bit wrong.. Many sounds are good...

Bye bye...

I think you took his post out of context buddy.

ok i wont bother posting here no more i have done a few times since it started and i cant remember even one of my recent Q`s being replied to but people after me have been replied to.

cheers for the mod tho it is the best

I tried installing ACE 2 with the "A2 beta" setting in the web browser. I use the ArmA II beta patch versions and during the install I got this error: "Beta and @CBA already exists but seems incompatible. Not installing." Will this still function properly even though I already had the beta and @CBA installed and it said incompatible? Thanks for all the hard work and the help, keep it up!

ok i wont bother posting here no more i have done a few times since it started and i cant remember even one of my recent Q`s being replied to but people after me have been replied to.

cheers for the mod tho it is the best

It's ok buddy.. there are a lot of questions being posted and sometimes you just need to quote your question again or maybe you can go to http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2 and check it out. If not just ask it again.

Cheers

"Dont worry, be happy":yay:

The rucksack issue, this ticket - http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7220 (with AL panthersfan717 means AI)

Example for Evil_Echo:

1.) I add a rucksack to a unit - this addWeapon "ACE_Rucksack_MOLLE_ACU";

2.) I put some magazines in it - magz = [_this, "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", 12] call ace_sys_ruck_fnc_API_PackMagazine;

A.) If i carry the rucksack i can unpack the magazines but not pack them again.

B.) If an AI is carrying the rucksack and i access the AI's gear from the "map screen->units->gear" then i can't unpack/pack the AI's stuff stuff.

Edited by JW Custom