Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

The rucksack issue, this ticket - http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7220 (with AL panthersfan717 means AI)

Example for Evil_Echo:

1.) I add a rucksack to a unit - this addWeapon "ACE_Rucksack_MOLLE_ACU";

2.) I put some magazines in it - magz = [_this, "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", 12] call ace_sys_ruck_fnc_API_PackMagazine;

A.) If i carry the rucksack i can unpack the magazines but not pack them again.

B.) If an AI is carrying the rucksack and i access the AI's gear from the "map screen->units->gear" then i can't unpack/pack the AI's stuff stuff.

Thank you for clarifying. I'll address this in the ticket.

hey just updated my ACE mod havent been playin for a few days, whats new with the updated ACE mod? can someone post me a link for the patch notes please thanks :D

Oops, sry, did I spam? I just shared my own sounds man, chill! Nothing like commersials or spam in there, imho. :confused: I woulnd't do it at all if I didn't like like the ACE mod. You must understand that atleast.

Repacked ASEX_SM sound without asking? I didnt steal any sounds from thpse files, I replaced. God damn, where is this world headed...

Are those install instructions really hard to understand? Those are the places where atleast the default folders end up...

Plz explain more without insulting me and telling me this like a martyr...

Seems that you took the message "didn't like ALL the sounds" a little bit wrong.. Many sounds are good...

Bye bye...

1. Your "package" includes ACE sound effects files in addition to your own.

2. Your instructions place files not in a new @-mod folder, but in folders that belong to ACE.

People are welcome to use other sounds effects in ACE. That's why we put ours in a separate module in the first place.

What is not cool is rebundling our files, no matter the intent, without asking.

Add onto our sound stuff or use your own sound stuff. Don't mix our stuff with your stuff and claim it as your own. Don't put your stuff next to our stuff.

If you repackage your bundle to just have your files, use your own @-mod folder, include instructions not to overwrite our file space, there is no issue.

hey just updated my ACE mod havent been playin for a few days, whats new with the updated ACE mod? can someone post me a link for the patch notes please thanks :D

Both of these are pretty much always up to date:

@ACE Changelog

@ACEX Changelog

The changelogs are also in the @-mod folders for ACE, ACEX, etc....

;1520979']does anyone have an example mission for EASA I could have please?

Add yourself (pilot maybe)' date=' add an empty aircraft (harrier maybe), add the EASA module and in its [b']INIT field[/b] put this (copy/paste from here if you like):

this setVariable["NoHangar", true]; this setVariable["NUKES", 1];

Move the EASA module icon close (but not too close) to your aircraft (or somewhere suitable close to the runway/hangars). You need to be close-ish to it and exit the aircraft - walk up to one of the ends of the trailer that the module spawns. You get an option "CHANGE LOADOUT". Now knock yourself out. Remember it takes some time to load up the weapons. Realism.

The 2 lines (NoHangar, NUKE) means that you can place the trailer anywhere (otherwise must be placed "on top" of a hangar), and you get to chose nukes to load up on your aircraft.

Alex

1. What does CAVS stand for?

2. How the heck do I start a ticket on Dev Heaven?

1. CAVS = Common Armor Value System : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=40025

2. you need an account first, then you follow this link: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues/new

as a general rule, try to use Google instead of waiting to be spoon-fed

Hi guys,

I noticed that placing a satchel charge does not work anymore. Sometimes it does not work at all ...other the charge appears few seconds after clicking "Place satchel charge".

I thought at first that is was maybe to add realism by adding a setup time, but since there is no clue of your character placing a charge, then I prefer having the charge to appears right away.

Am I missing something?

Something is wrong with all AntiAir machineguns on all tanks in ACE2. It's just impossible to shoot any flying targets using these machineguns. Left/Right rotation of MGs is fine but Up/Down movement is just insane! It;s too slow. MG is useless for the purpose it is made for.

And T-90 turret roatation is too slow. It's impossible to shoot any moving target close than 100m.

Still need help here.

Eject = Ejection Seats, only avaible in some jet fighters and helos.

What are you looking for is the "jump out" action + "Open Chute" after some seconds.

Is that?

Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. When you get shot and are going to crash it's nice to be able to jump out at a high altitude and use your parachute. Oh and I don't see an 'eject' in the SU-27 and it should have a detectable cockpit. So where are these functions?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Works great with Addon Sync 2009.

Fucking awesome mod! :D

Maybe you can fix the Sound of the "bigger" MGs (M60, M249, Pk etc)?

The Sound of them just comes out of my front boxes.

It doesnt matter If I stand infront or with the back to them.

Would be great If you can fix it for the 5.1 Users :)!

Has this been addressed yet? That's my biggest complaint to. I was playing a single player mission this evening and my AI squad member with a MG was being retarded trying to pick off the AI from 500 meters away and was doing a terrible job. All the while his MG was blasting in my ear no matter how far away I moved away from him. I couldn't take it anymore and I shot in the fucking face.

@frag: Placed some timer detonated satchels tonight without any noticable problems.

@Vipera: Didn't notice a problem with turret rotation. Iirc from ACE1 discussions, they are slower than you'd think. But yes, something is up with the elevation change of the T90 commanders turret. Can't be used in AA role at all.

Has this been addressed yet? That's my biggest complaint to. I was playing a single player mission this evening and my AI squad member with a MG was being retarded trying to pick off the AI from 500 meters away and was doing a terrible job. All the while his MG was blasting in my ear no matter how far away I moved away from him. I couldn't take it anymore and I shot in the fucking face.

I havent seen this type of sound problem myself. Only distortion happening sometimes in ACE and im guessing its because the sounds on average are very loud (love that btw) so it is not ACE fault, but the games. However the problem you speak of (sounds heard equally loud no matter where you are) was noticed in ArmA1 for me. A vehicle addon UKF Jackal's had this when they shot the grenade launcher. It was never fixed and they maybe just didnt believe - dont know. But it was there and it was really annoying. Hearing the grenade launcher from the other side of Sahrani - weird.

Im guessing this might be rare and happens only to some - not easy to fix if its the same problem. Maybe look at your sound drivers or soundcard. However if this is a common problem it will be ticketed soon enough and dealt with. Havent notice this myself but i had very little time to test the latest ACE update (190). Will test and see.

I havent seen this type of sound problem myself.

I have, it's common (possibly even a constant) for me with the SAW at least, loud (irrespective of distance) and non-directional (I use headphones BTW). Apart from that the ACE sounds are very good.

Ok will test as well.

T72B! Amazing enter animation, cool shut down sound and awesome looking tank! Thank you. :)

Some small things though. The main gun is lower in volume than the crews AK's. Jump out and youll hear it. And wasnt TRSM supposed to work with ACE2 or did i dream that up?

Last thing wich prolly has been explained: What ever happened to those awesome juicy startup times + great sounds? Loved to power up a M1 back in the days. :) Gameplay balance maybe?

Good work though. Lovin' it!

Alex

It turns out the ACE key binding for 'eject' and 'jump out' [\] does not work. Is this working for anybody else?

I loved the old tank start up noises too, I miss those times.

I did not have the issue with SAW sounding equally loud wherever they are. No probs over here. Even though i had this prob once in ArmA1 with 1 addon only.

Dont know how this happens. But if it happens on some and most not... Dont know what to make of that?

Tank startup times didn't work in ACE1 for AI/player controlled tanks, since startup time was done by removing all the fuel. AI commander would then issue everybody out of the tank. I'm happy with BIS startup times for aerial vehicles. For remaining vehicles the startup times were so small they made no practical/tactical difference.

To avoid breaking existing missions, I would suggest a module being present in the mission to activate tanks startup times.

I'm getting this strange error upon updating, although the process seems to work ok regardless:

2 (my input)

Updating Ruby Gens

Updating six-updater-web

WRROR: While executing gem ... <Gem::GemNotFoundException>

could not find get six-updater-web locally or in a repository

On first update attempt, I think I god the same error.

On second update attempt, I got some error about timeout or something.

On third (this one), I get the above mentioned error.

Process seemed to work ok though on the first update.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Morning. Seems to be fine here Carl. Otherwise just backup your database/yml and get the latest setup.

I always try to keep them updated with the latest libs :)

When I try to deploy a sandbag I get an error that reads "Hier gibts keinen sand". I think this means "Here you get no sand" but that makes no sense.

Morning all. New fresh day. :)

I found something that i dont know is ACE "problem" or if its the island (FDF's Podagorsk). But when i drove ACEX's hummers and strykers (might be all wheeled) there was no sound when driving over "fields". I think i heard it before and dont really think you missed that.

But can layers be defined by island maker so that vehicles might loose the sounds when driving over them? If thats the case i will report to FDF in their Podagorsk thread. Just trying to help. :)

Alex