Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

I figured out how to use Googles and Mask as player now, but how can i add and use this stuff and rucks for example for the AI. Do they need a extra profile also?

Not possible to make the AI use goggles/gasmask atm.

Am I missing something with the language conversion?

@lang_de-en doesn't seem to do anything.

When I enable it, everything stays in German.

Im now getting something similiar to the guy that posted a few above.

I keep getting an error message for Ace_Sys_explosions.displayname & cant use my Editor due to the error.

Error has only started happening since yesterdays fixs.

So does anyone know if patch 1.05 affect anything with ACE2 or is it just to install? It obviously works with the beta, but you never know...

So does anyone know if patch 1.05 affect anything with ACE2 or is it just to install? It obviously works with the beta, but you never know...

This I would like to know.

Also can anyone confirm if the ACE_Tracking settings are client side only, meaning players will take the host/server settings of that file?

I am sure there will be some type of explaination on how 1.05 is with ACE. Hopefully we will get some info before 1.05 is downloaded (in 2hr 33min!!!)

I started a LAN training ground mission (because there are no 1.05 servers visible :() and it complained about bmp.p3d missing, but that was about it. Dont know if this was previously in ace or was introduced by an ACE update... I didnt get it the last time I tried but that was several ACE versions ago.

I'm having some problems with @acex and linux server 1.05.. posted in the dev-heaven ace2 bugtracker question about 1.05 the details..

A.C.E.should be fine with the 1.05 patch.

After patching your game to 1.05 (Yes, we cannot do this with the Updater for you :(),

In the Web-client (GUI), Main page, pick the "A.C.E. Mod" preset, instead of the "A2 Beta" one.

Don't select an override settings profile, and execute. All should be well.

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/262

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7263

If there are immediate issues that require patching, we can deploy updates within minutes, so hang in tight :D

Edited by Sickboy

Im having problems actually using ace and patch 1.05 the sixupdater is not downloading the patch so i have downlaoded the patch and installed it but six wont load it :(

hi well there is an exe the way i did it was to start up six updater (after u have installed 1.05) choose optoin 1 then choose vanila not beta whalla it created an exe for me (start arma2 using) then all i had to do was put in @ace;@cba etc etc.

I'm just wondering when they are predicting a somewhat finsihed releaase, not all this WIP stuff it's driving me nuts i feel like a beta testing guinea pig the hard work is much appreciated but all this hassle to install and then new installers and whatnot getting spat out every minute is a little excessive.

Edited by Njayjay

I'm back to square one with this now, ive been asked to update the installer and have done only to find that its all changed again and I cant simply select option 2 and let it work.

The web admin is simply incomprehensible and the instructions are without wanting to offend utterly useless. I'm left with pretty much no other option but to un installs it which inst going to go down well with the lads that use the server.

Stalker

Edited by {SAS}Stalker

Hahahahaha thats because we are whats the problem?.

no one is forcing you to use the ACE2 beta.

Hahahahaha thats because we are whats the problem?.

well I don't understand that for starters.

but in essence;

A. Install Six Updater

B. run Six Updater

C. it launches the web admin

D. Lost

Goto main and select either mod vanila, mod beta, vanilla, beta no idea what I am meant to select here. so select one and hit execute, it tells me it is skipping all mods and I can reset this in "main" this function does nothing it still skips them, DOS window opens and sits there doing nothing till I hit "enter to close" rinse repeat.

Instructions tell me to goto configuration and enter username password which I have no idea where I get them from

close browser.

Edited by {SAS}Stalker

Keep yourself informed, is all I can say.

Not sure what guide you are using, but this is all you need: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Quickstart (Besides, The full guide, describes only to enter sync details if you actually have them, you dont, clearly)

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main/vid (The video is shorter than 2 minutes, thats how fast you can set it up with all the improvements!)

Your previous "Option 2" is now simply called "Six Updater - Console", and available in the Startmenu.

News: http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/259 (Full News: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/news)

Advanced Server info: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Server

Grab the Vanilla Lazy config, if you cant deal with the web-client, problem solved.

Edited by Sickboy

Whats the deal with the wounding system? Where can I see the progress on it? It was wonderful tagging enemies with few shots a couple weeks ago when this came out, now it's back to dumping all your ammo into them. Maybe its just me. Where can I see the progress?

Whats the deal with the wounding system? Where can I see the progress on it? It was wonderful tagging enemies with few shots a couple weeks ago when this came out, now it's back to dumping all your ammo into them. Maybe its just me. Where can I see the progress?

Try actually enabling the system first.

What? It doesnt even come enabled? Man i'll just wait for a neat little *finished* installer package lemme know when its out lol.