Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Ok a question here - please dont kill me guys: Counter measures in ACE2? Ive seen some videos wich had it but im guessing they used RKSL gear?

Just checking if they are in or will be. I cant go through everything atm and i dont have all links - sorry. :)

Alex

Evil echo has been notified of your location :292:

Just kidding, i'm not sending him to assassinate you (he might do it on his own though).

There are no countermeasures for aircraft in ACE yet, but there might be.

Evil echo has been notified of your location :292:

Just kidding, i'm not sending him to assassinate you (he might do it on his own though).

There are no countermeasures for aircraft in ACE yet, but there might be.

I'm supprised at that. I hope they will add them at some point, also would be cool to have audio warnings when there is some kind of missile lock for both the attacker and victim.

Infact just add a simple version of mando missiles!

I don't like warnings when missile are launched , all the AA missile in arma are IR guided (execpted tunguska missile ) so there should be no warnings , execpted on the very modern aircrafts like the F35.

and does this : http://dev-heaven.net/repositories/revision/91/9cb6ea49d3a34df96aae1582a41a8f53d48b5956 means that the wounding systems is no longer WIP ?

how do I use the rucksacks ..and is there any where to see the full ace usage ie ruckacks chemlights etc and how to use them:yay:

Is ACE2 actually working good with CAA1?

Cause i allready got trouble with downloading, if someone can provide some support with the latest CAA1 updateds i would appreciate much!

Hey Sickboy followed your new vid and install the new update program click excute than then BAM!!!! i this this ?action=view&current=Untitled-2.jpg

...and image dont work but i have a link

but its a "ActiveRecord::RecordNotFound in MainController#execute"

Edited by [=SFLR=]DK
image not working

Hey Sickboy followed your new vid and install the new update program click excute than then BAM!!!! i this this ?action=view&current=Untitled-2.jpg

...and image dont work but i have a link

but its a "ActiveRecord::RecordNotFound in MainController#execute"

Sounds like you didnt install 0.3.1 ?

Try CLICK on Configuration.

Then on the page, click Synchronize.

Should take few seconds, update the date/time, and show you how many records got synced.

Must be about 75. if you have an error, make sure tools\ruby\bin\ruby.exe is allowed to make connections.

In any case, I improved the exception handling in six-updater-web-0.4.6. You receive it if you close all updater apps, and restart the GUI.

(Or from start menu -> Six Updater - Update RubyGems)

Edited by Sickboy

i did sync it all, out of intrest is there a way i can reset every thing on the server, going to reinstall six update, try again, we let you know, thanks again

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

OK JACKPOT, scatch one for sickboy "AGAIN" it work, thanks again!!!

just out of intrest what is the ACEX_SM?

i did sync it all, out of intrest is there a way i can reset every thing on the server, going to reinstall six update, try again, we let you know, thanks again

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

OK JACKPOT, scatch one for sickboy "AGAIN" it work, thanks again!!!

just out of intrest what is the ACEX_SM?

Glad to hear, NP!

ACEX_SM = SoundMod.

It mods the original ArmA 2 sounds.

Sickboy, i would like to use the old "2" option method, i am not interested in the GUI. Takes a bit too much for my liking to launch it. Can you show me how i can do the same thing as i could in the last versions in a command line? I cannot figure it out.

Sickboy, i would like to use the old "2" option method, i am not interested in the GUI. Takes a bit too much for my liking to launch it. Can you show me how i can do the same thing as i could in the last versions in a command line? I cannot figure it out.

Startmenu icons "Six Updater - Console".

If you didn't backup your six-updater.yml, reget it from the Lazy guide.

To use the "option 2" method, you have to enter the GUI once, set everything up as you want it, then go to main and uncheck "Autoskip" and click "Reset skip status". Then click execute.

Then from then on you can update by starting the "SIX Updater - Console" shortcut

alright, thanks :)
Depending on the amount of mods you use, using the web-client is much faster though.

Startup takes maybe 10-20 seconds longer, but once you hit execute, it will fast-verify the version numbers, and if the versionnumbers match the online version, it will skip all update procedures for that modfolder.

Where-as the console is just a 'dumb' program, verifying every mod's integrity, and connecting to a mirror to fetch the latest repository config file :)

Depending on the amount of mods you use, using the web-client is much faster though.

Startup takes maybe 10-20 seconds longer, but once you hit execute, it will fast-verify the version numbers, and if the versionnumbers match the online version, it will skip all update procedures for that modfolder.

Where-as the console is just a 'dumb' program, verifying every mod's integrity, and connecting to a mirror to fetch the latest repository config file :)

yeah, I am in love with the updater, it took some time to get how it works, but now that I have it all working, its a dream come true for me. For me it updates ACE ACEx and beta and CBA, with just few button presses. I am glad you made this updater thingy. All heil ACE2! :D

i am only using it for ACE ;)

Sweet :D You can just click Main, select A.C.E Mod (A2 Beta) preset, and hit execute :D (@ACEX_SM is by default configured for the 2 ACE presets)

It is recommended to delete the 2 presets where "Settings Profile" is set to "Create new". These are left-overs from an old-age :D

This is pure BDSM art ppl, and Sickboy is the Master lol

Thank you so much, it worked perfectly!

From now on I will keep updating the "A.C.E. Mod - (A2 beta)" preset.

The launcher has been removed, so if you used the launcher, you will have to make small adjustments to directly use six-updater.rb / six-updater-web.rb but iirc, you already use six-updater.rb, so all should be fine for you.

For your reference; http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/CommandLine

It is recommended to update, as I cannot support older versions, but it is up to you.

Make a backup of the full six-updater folder, to be sure you can always revert incase of serious issues.

The files that actually matter are;

six-updater.yml

db/production.sqlite3

yml is the configuration file that drives the updater.

the production.sqlite3 file is the database that drives the web-client.

Btw, I believe the current setup will be the way it will stay, and only library (software auto-) updates will keep coming.

Of course I cannot promise this, but the previous messy situation was a result of trying various ways to get Ruby apps to run fine on other systems. Now cleaned up, I hope that's it :)

Edited by Sickboy