Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

when i try to run Six updater 0,2,1 i get no errors but it just closes u see the prompt opening but then immidiiatly closes after i didnt had this problem before

Spent rounds and catridges DON'T WORK yet. According to one of the person involved in the project, it is unlikely they will implement it eventually perhaps due to performance impact.

Thanks for your answer..

when i try to run Six updater 0,2,1 i get no errors but it just closes u see the prompt opening but then immidiiatly closes after i didnt had this problem before

why not uninstall it, and get 0.3.1 ?

Just a question, I'm about to reinstall everything, does the existing lazy method still work with the new six-updater version 0.3.1? Thanks in advance.

Also, does ACE_M have to be downloaded separately or is it downloaded as part of the ACE package?

doh this stupid console shuts itself down once done.

I need it to stay there until further notice ;)

The new Updater is only pointing to the normal /Arma 2 Dir.. even when in the presents the other two are pointing towards /Arma 2 P and Arma 2 T Dir's and yet when i go to update it just looks in the normal Arma2 Dir and says yep there updated when there not!!

trying to update to latest version, but my updater says '(@ace)Mod is tagged skip in the configuration file, skipping...' and does not update it.

How do i tell it to update everything?

The 6th Updater isnit selecting the mod "folder paths" and just going to DEFAULT "C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

instead of my custom one!!!

Worked before but not now, ive checked over everything!

trying to update to latest version, but my updater says '(@ace)Mod is tagged skip in the configuration file, skipping...' and does not update it.

I went in and updated the preset file and it loaded it, I have the new version but not quite sure if things went how they were supposed to exactly, but it works.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

If it tells you that, your mods should be up2date.

If not, Resetting-skip-status

doh this stupid console shuts itself down once done.

I need it to stay there until further notice ;)

Woops, please add --wait to the end of the Console shortcut. (Ref: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/CommandLine)

Fixed in 0.3.2 :)

The 6th Updater isnit selecting the mod "folder paths" and just going to DEFAULT "C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

instead of my custom one!!!

Worked before but not now, ive checked over everything!

I just changed my installation folder to C:/temp/a2 and it works out perfectly fine.

Processing:

= @ACE

Installing... This might take a while, please wait.

Processing: C:/temp/a2/@ACE/.rsync

If you have not yet installed the new 0.3 version (or have used an old database backup) i would recommend a fresh start with the latest setup.

Otherwise, please create screenshots from the following pages:

- Main (Set the way you would execute it)

- Configuration -> Presets

- Configuration -> Settings

Attach those with your logfiles to a ticket and i'll check it out right away.

Edited by Sickboy

Man Sickboy, you are THE MAN.

Your app is absolutely fantastic.

Helped a friend (again) of mine, he is absolutely no pc wiz by the way, to set it up, step by step.

It worked flawlessly.

And now with this new little feature in the web gui, i am sure to use this auto skip method, and it works as intended.

Absolutely no errors, for me and my couple of friends i helped set this up.

A big THANX and props to you and the rest of the ACE team .

Sometime there are forward slashes and sometime back slashes now wtf is with that???

What is the correct way? The new updater seems to have completly fucked things over with the custom directories.

4f232a7f.jpg

a2e6a167.jpg

Edited by MattXR

@Praise:

Thanks guys! All of us in the team are very happy you like the mod, all it brings, and the software.

We will continue development and improvements, and I am sure with your support, bug reports, feedback and suggestions,

we can make it even better, more bug- and painfree!

Sometime there are forward slashes and sometime back slashes now wtf is with that???

What is the correct way? The new updater seems to have completly fucked things over with the custom directories.

(Could you please setup tickets in the future? :))

Please make sure on the main page you have not selected any overrides, all of them should be on "- Select ...", this way it will use everything configured in the selected preset.

Try shutdown the GUI, everything related to the updater, and startup the gui again, you will receive the latest build of the web-client.

The customfolders look fine, it was just a bug in the software that made the files/options not working properly. But this is only related to logs.

The correct way would be all forward slashes. Altough windows default is backslashes.

The combination actually works in the software atm, but I will resolve it all together sometime and get it coherent, sorry :)

Edited by Sickboy

Dont know if i missed some files in the latest update (btw smart stuff Sickboy with autoskip parts that doesnt have updates :) ), but i got this when entering the US special ammobox:

Picture\x\addons\c_wep_m16\i\w_ace_m4_shortdot_ca.paa not found

The shortdots had just text. Will ticket if im not the only one.

Picture\x\addons\c_wep_m16\i\w_ace_m4_shortdot_ca.paa not found

Allready fixed by rocko, please wait for the next update, thank you.

Xeno

Hello. I have this problem.

My presets in web client are NOT saved after I press "update" button. They are saved just for a limited time and after few seconds or minutes or hours my presets are reset to default values.

So each time I want to update my mods, I must set it all over and over again.

What could be a reason?

Thanks!

Hello. I have this problem.

My presets in web client are NOT saved after I press "update" button. They are saved just for a limited time and after few seconds or minutes or hours my presets are reset to default values.

So each time I want to update my mods, I must set it all over and over again.

What could be a reason?

Thanks!

Synchronized records are auto updated at every synchronization with the server site.

This is an area im not yet finished thinking about, but the solution to this 'issue', is Cloning.

Clone your favorite preset (or other records), and customize them to your needs:

Cloning-a-Record

I didnt like all sounds in @ACEX_SM, so I made my own..

If you want them, here hey are... Dont forget the readme file... ;)

Download my sounds here!

I'm sorry you don't like the ACEX_SM sounds. But spamming your own product in this way on the ACE thread is not good.

1. You repackaged a number of ACEX_SM sounds without asking. ACE always asks before using other people's work and expects the same for our work. That is just common curtesy.

2. Your install instructions are not good. Placing files in the wrong places.