Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Can't get the latest patch. Everything goes fine, until:

Removed: mpmissions/co@60_ACE_Operation_Moonwalk_1_15.Chernarus.pbo.gz

After that everything freezes. After a restart tried to update again. Now it said that I already have version 190, and froze.

Copied backups back to arma 2 folder and... Froze exactly the same place.

It seems for now on this day is dedicated to vanilla arma 2...

Edit: Same happens when trying to update even older backup (187). Same file, exactly the same effects. Can't be my fault anymore (Corrupted files etc)

Edit 2: Holy smoke! By using older than a fart version it didn't froze.

Edited by Gekkibi

Is there way to remove the server/client version mismatch error? Server is running 89 while I've updated to 90.

Is there way to remove the server/client version mismatch error? Server is running 89 while I've updated to 90.

It is the point that the error message is so annoying you will quit playing...

It is the point that the error message is so annoying you will quit playing...

It's working :o:

It's working :o:

Heh, ya. I had it once (Server was older than my ACE), and it surely worked. :D

It is there for the same reason that you can't join 1.04 ArmA 2 server by using 1.00 ArmA 2. It is possible that two different versions are causing problems. By eliminating this threat they have included the annoyance-feature.

This is one of the reasons I started to create backups for every ACE-version. If I must get to a certain server that is running older ACE-version, I could easily switch my version to the right one.

1. Your "package" includes ACE sound effects files in addition to your own.

2. Your instructions place files not in a new @-mod folder, but in folders that belong to ACE.

People are welcome to use other sounds effects in ACE. That's why we put ours in a separate module in the first place.

What is not cool is rebundling our files, no matter the intent, without asking.

Add onto our sound stuff or use your own sound stuff. Don't mix our stuff with your stuff and claim it as your own. Don't put your stuff next to our stuff.

If you repackage your bundle to just have your files, use your own @-mod folder, include instructions not to overwrite our file space, there is no issue.

Well, this wasn't meant to be a so called soundpack release, just for the few who wanted to try some changes in ACE. Guess that was not right to not ask first.

So I can use my own sounds and still play on ACE servers? That's why I havent made my own you know...

@Gekkibi; still waiting on that ticket m8.

Well, this wasn't meant to be a so called soundpack release, just for the few who wanted to try some changes in ACE. Guess that was not right to not ask first.

So I can use my own sounds and still play on ACE servers? That's why I havent made my own you know...

Editing our files, or making your own, will not allow you to play on any ACE server with signatures enabled.

Everyone installing your files, will have the same issue because you told them to overwrite our files :)

I would suggest to setup a ticket at our tracker, assigned to tpM, to have your sound suggestions be heard by our soundmeister :)

Anders: Thats what the signature files do (BISIGN). They check that the mod/addon is intact and not changed. If the server checks that (as they should do) then ofcourse you wont get into the server. It is a cheat/hack protection.

Just as Sickboy said - just elaborated a little. :)

I did some looking around in the ace_keys.hpp file and I found no mention of an eject or 'jump out' option. This is frustrating me. Also the afterburners do not work.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

I did some looking around in the ace_keys.hpp file and I found no mention of an eject or 'jump out' option. This is frustrating me.

There is no eject or jump out button. It is an action item, like it always has been.

(You know repeating this is getting very tiresome, so here you go)

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

Edited by Sickboy

Editing our files, or making your own, will not allow you to play on any ACE server with signatures enabled.

Everyone installing your files, will have the same issue because you told them to overwrite our files :)

I would suggest to setup a ticket at our tracker, assigned to tpM, to have your sound suggestions be heard by our soundmeister :)

It's not a big deal Sick, was just curious if there was a quick fix to remove the version mismatch error that pops up in game. Server gets updated often enough, you and your fantastic team developing ACE have better things your working on to add something as trivial as this to the ticket list. :581:

No there isn't. Get the servers and clients updated, is all I can suggest.

We have a set schedule, ultra fast and easy update system, linux alternatives, other automation alternatives.

Play on any of the other 30 registered or (unknown) unregistered servers :)

This is not the first time im answering this, please use search.

Edited by Sickboy

Ahh ok.. I can do that. :) Im just glad to help with sounds... Been doing that for ages for different games.

Thx guys,

/Anders

@Sickboy

No point to send the logs, because the logs are from the successful update (/six-updater/logs/six-updater.log).

If I had known this I would had copied the logs every time I tried again.

Can someone tell me why I'm getting missing ACE file errors when I'm playing? I've had missing "grenadethrow" or something like that, missing "rangefinder" errors and others.

When I press shift+v for isntance it does nothing.

I've ran an update and nothing was downloaded, seemed like everything was there.

Edited by Njayjay

I just copied @ACE, @ACEX and @CBA folders to the server, and everything is working fine.

thanks mate - how do you run the updater on the server?

thanks mate - how do you run the updater on the server?

Actually, I don't. Every time new version of ACE comes I replace all the files in the server (Copy them again).

I tried to use six-updater in the server, but the problem is that you'll have to actually install ArmA 2 to the server (Instead of copying the folder), because otherwise six-updater doesn't know where the ArmA 2 is located.

I've searched the biki but no info yet - http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_ACE2#Server_Issues

can somebody walk me through how to install Ace2 on my dedi server please?

Actually, I don't. Every time new version of ACE comes I replace all the files in the server (Copy them again).

I tried to use six-updater in the server, but the problem is that you'll have to actually install ArmA 2 to the server (Instead of copying the folder), because otherwise six-updater doesn't know where the ArmA 2 is located.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Server

Also wanted to note, in general, that I hope to have completed all database model migrations and have things pretty solid setup now.

I will try my utmost best not to break things when upgrading libraries / installing latest setup.exe's :)

I hope everything turned out well last night, think it did, not having heard anything back from GOL :)

Edited by Sickboy

Don't have to worry about those, because my server is located aproximately 0,5 cm from my gaming computer (Using LAN to transfer the files). ;)

Why am I being ignored? I'll post again.

"Can someone tell me why I'm getting missing ACE file errors when I'm playing? I've had missing "grenadethrow" or something like that, missing "rangefinder" errors and others.

When I press shift+v for isntance it does nothing.

I've ran an update and nothing was downloaded, seemed like everything was there."