Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Wow!! That is an incrediable revelation. I never knew about the ArmA2.rpt, man I have some errors going on with some of my script writing:p

yes

ACE_SMAW_Spotting

Is there any way to acquire it in default loadouts/ammo crates?

Edit: Without editing, I mean.

I Have went into the the "ace_clientside_config.hpp" and tried

// #define ACE_NOVOICE

"//" #define ACE_NOVOICE

saved it with notepad.

I have done this in the "program files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA2/@ACE/.pack/userconfig"

and

i have made a folder called userconfig in "program files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA2" which contains "ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp"

nothing is working i still have no voices in game,

CAN ANYONE HELP?

Wow!! That is an incrediable revelation. I never knew about the ArmA2.rpt, man I have some errors going on with some of my script writing:p

You only have to download a few user missions to know that many mission makers never look at it. If you add -showscripterrors to your command line you'll get to see it all, yours and theirs...

make sure when use save it, you save it as ***.hpp. Not as ***.hpp.txt. and just use the //#define ACE_NOVOICE

You only have to download a few user missions to know that many mission makers never look at it. If you add -showscripterrors to your command line you'll get to see it all, yours and theirs...

so are you saying that I can add -showscripterrors in my shortcut properties?

If not where do I put it?

What one do i want to do it in, Arma2/userconfig/ACE or Arma2/@ACE/.pack/userconfig ?

its still not working

What one do i want to do it in, Arma2/userconfig/ACE or Arma2/@ACE/.pack/userconfig ?

its still not working

go to C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA2/userconfig/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp

and add //#define ACE_NOVOICE to have the voices heard

Edited by Meatball0311

This is strange:

As long as I delete my profile before I turn the game on I don't have any in game save crashes in vanilla BI scenarios? But exiting and having a saved profile causes it to crash everytime. Any body know anything about what could be happening? I am not using any mods besides the ACE, ACEX, CBA, ACEX_SM and my profile is all default. I can save all I want to as long as I don't backout of the game and start it up again, if I do that it will refuse to load saved games.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

go to C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA2/userconfig/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp

and add //#define ACE_NOVOICE to have the voices heard

this is exactly what im doing and still no luck

same. it just straight up doesn't work

is it just me or do the gun sounds seem less punchy as of late? i've got the ACE_SM and the sounds are better than vanilla for sure, but they seem less mean sounding in recent updates. i've noticed this with the m16 especially, it's just...different. has the sound actually been changed or am i just hearing things?

I'm trying to add the mods into the Six Updater, and am having this issue, I have not seen this issue from anyone else either.

I keep getting a Invalid Installation Folder error every time I click "Execute" after Synchronizing and Editing the Vanillia Files...

Make a copy of ace_clientside_config.hpp and put it somewhere safe. Then make another copy of it and paste it on your desktop. Make the changes to the copy on your desktop and save it. Then replace your C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA2/userconfig/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp with the new one.

Thats all I can tell you

It goes fine for me. Are you sure you changed the right file?

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

It goes fine for me. Are you sure you changed the right file?

exactly you should add "//" just before #define ACE_NOVOICE. It's the first string of command.

@Sickboy. Maybe you should release your updater in a separate thread? Now there are alot of questions regarding that in different threads, and questions about other addons pop up in wrong places.

Please could an ACE developer explain the following line in the ACE_CARTRIDGES class definition. I'm not seeing the brass (enabled & fps above 15).

max_distance = 0; // COMMENT: max. distance until cartridges become deleted by FIFO

What does the distance unit represent?

@Sickboy. Maybe you should release your updater in a separate thread? Now there are alot of questions regarding that in different threads, and questions about other addons pop up in wrong places.

Maybe people should follow directions instead and go to the issue trackers if they have real problems :)

Setting up an updater thread, won't make those people magically go there.

Same goes for those that are piece by piece posting their problem reports and rpt's in this thread; The thread is 343 pages long, posting in pieces in here aint going to get your problem sorted.

Setup a ticket and attach your logfiles and details there, and we can look at, track, and resolve issues effectively.

Edited by Sickboy

Ok :) Im just so bored of skimming through all support when I want to read about ace and other addons. Its not only this thread.

edit: Must say that the ACE-teams patience and support is impressive. TY.

I don't know if that has been reported, but when using wound system in mission and a commanding unit (player in co-op) gets wounded (needs to be revived) the player looses command over the group.

Hi Sickboy,

i was informed that ACE2 and the GLT F-16 have a little problem when used together. I'll quote the PN i've got FYI:

I have been using your f16 addon for arma2, recently i tried using it with the new ace mod and have found some compatability issues. The ace mod introduces a new modified ejection seat add action to their aircraft and have removed the old get out/eject add action. Because of this when using the f16 with ace you can not eject from the f16 or get out of it until on the ground. I am not sure if you would be interested in modifying your addon with regards to these compatability issues or be able to do a seperate ace compatable version but i thought i would pass this info on to you.

The affected addon can be found here.

I've tested it and can confirm that with ACE2 runnin, there is no Eject Option as long the F-16 is moving/flying.

Since i don't use any scripts or something fancy but standard BIS actions for this, i have to guess that ACE2 does alter something which have this negative effect.

Here's the config from the F-16 if you wish to take a look at it.

Besides that, i've sent you a PM shortly after the beta release of ACE2, suggesting you take a look at IAWS thread as i guess this could be something useful for the ACE2 EASA feature. Sadly i didn't got any reply yet but i understand it was/is a busy time after the release.

Thanks Myke. Generally I do not answer PM's, and it has been extremely busy yes.

We adhere to a set workflow that includes the Issue Tracker. Together with the Updater Suite, this makes it possible for us to accomplish a lot of work in a fairly short time.

I've added your info to a ticket; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7174

Looking for people interested to be a bridge between our issue tracker and this forum thread though, as expected, it is very hard to get everyone to use the tools given :D

Edited by Sickboy