Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

Haven't had this much fun in the last 3 years, its like BF2 on roids.

It´s fun. Yes.

Can i imagine playing it over 10 years almost daily? No.

But it really is fun, and with the beta being for free .. :yay:

Honestly, as tempting as it sounds, I don't think I want another game like Arma that has me playing it every day... I just don't have the time. I spend a few hours on Arma, then a quick romp on something like BC2, then it's back to Arma.

I refuse to play a game where I shoot someone with a mounted PK and in return, they bunny hop around as if dodging the bullets. I can actually see the bullets hitting him but he isnt dying. I don't know if it's cheating or whatever but it just ruins the immersion for me.

So true, but at the same time I cant help myself having fun. Its quite conflicting feelings really. I mean in Arma II I pack my favorite M249, go prone and do a 10 round burst and kill the enemy 100% of the time if he hasnt spotted me. Immersive and realistic? For sure. I love it. Yet at the same time, it wasnt particularly fun. In BC2 I can fire like 100 rounds at a guy running across a street and fail to kill him before he dodges behind a building/object. Immersive and realistic? Uhm... No. But its still alot of fun. And I bet he thinks its fun too. So we're both having fun, hopefully :)

But I can certainly understand that not everybody will look at it that way.

I know this type of game appeals to a lot of people and Im sure it will do well but it is essentially just a reskinned BF2.

Hence why it appeals to alot of people ;)

So true, but at the same time I cant help myself having fun. Its quite conflicting feelings really. I mean in Arma II I pack my favorite M249, go prone and do a 10 round burst and kill the enemy 100% of the time if he hasnt spotted me. Immersive and realistic? For sure. I love it. Yet at the same time, it wasnt particularly fun. In BC2 I can fire like 100 rounds at a guy running across a street and fail to kill him before he dodges behind a building/object. Immersive and realistic? Uhm... No. But its still alot of fun. And I bet he thinks its fun too. So we're both having fun, hopefully :)

But I can certainly understand that not everybody will look at it that way.

Hence why it appeals to alot of people ;)

Hey, if you enjoy it, more power to you. I'll wait for PRM to make a mod for it :)

Hey, if you enjoy it, more power to you. I'll wait for PRM to make a mod for it :)

I wouldnt have too high hopes for mods at all... Then again look at what they did to BF1942 ;)

Sidenote: Just had my most intense round yet. 9000 points collected. I even lived so long I managed to run out of ammo. Its a bit of difference from the first rounds, lol. My awesome killing powers? 11 kills, 4.7% accuracy. Ya rly! :p

Dice has hinted towards mod support, so lets hope for the best.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176866

Old article.

Mod Tools: There will not be mod tools for BFBC2. However a majority of the the games logic is controlled by the server and there will be Serverside control options for the dedicated servers.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/01/07/bfbc2-pc-beta-update-fr-229-n-dice.aspx

I wouldnt have too high hopes for mods at all... Then again look at what they did to BF1942 ;)

Good point, I should have remembered that.

I guess I won't be buying it at all then.

Bring on AvP :)

Ahh AvP. There's another game that looks cool buy I still can't see it living up to 1 and 2

Ahh AvP. There's another game that looks cool buy I still can't see it living up to 1 and 2

Yah, I'm sort of with you there but I like Rebellion as a developer and even though most people hated it, I liked Shellshock 2. The environments were excellent as was the weapon handling. Sure it was a little rough around the edges but if it's any indication of what they are capable of, I'm not too worried.

I remain hopeful :)

I still remember playing the Marine over and over in the original AvP. With the lights off it was just as disconcerting as Silent Hill 2 :eek:

Edited by BangTail

Are any servers using Hardcore mode? Haven't seen any and I think that would play out alot better if the damage was a lot more lethal that is.

Game would be a lot more fun if the people on these servers actually tried to play together, because when they they do, they dominate. One group I played with always brought the 2 attacking armour pieces together (with gunner) while sending a diversionary force on the other side with 2 snipers playing overwatch and it worked really well.

Too often, you've got these numbnuts who just jump in the nearest tank solo and go get themselves killed (and the tank) in a matter of seconds.

Are any servers using Hardcore mode? Haven't seen any and I think that would play out alot better if the damage was a lot more lethal that is.

Game would be a lot more fun if the people on these servers actually tried to play together, because when they they do, they dominate. One group I played with always brought the 2 attacking armour pieces together (with gunner) while sending a diversionary force on the other side with 2 snipers playing overwatch and it worked really well.

Too often, you've got these numbnuts who just jump in the nearest tank solo and go get themselves killed (and the tank) in a matter of seconds.

That's the whole problem with games like this and why PRM actually made BF2 (initially a fairly sad online experience) one of the best online squad based experiences.

It's a terrible shame that they won't allow modding as BC2 will end up being a bunch of fucktarded little mongs bunny hopping around killing each other and smack talking about how they "pwn" everything.

I'm just too old for that at this point.

Edited by BangTail

That's the Battlefield Way

If you havent been teamkilled over said tank, you're having a good day.

That's the Battlefield Way

If you havent been teamkilled over said tank, you're having a good day.

LOL!

I demand a Masters Server (30+)!

Theres gonna be a HC mode in the retail version.

I always though that these weak "airsoft" guns and tanks are totally normal for a BF game, but a lot of ppl are complaining about it on the bf forums which is a good sign.

Vehicles have to fear infantry at the moments, not the way around.

Agreed, guns are totally weak. Most of the time i end up with no ammo because it takes a full frickin magazine to kill somebody and your only carriying 4 or 5 mags at all. But tanks getting toasted by multiple RPG/Carl Gustav/TOW isn´t really an issue imho. Many ArmA players reported things worse than that about ACE2.

Yup, but the speed of missiles is a fucking joke though. If a tank is in motion i have to shoot ahead of it cos the missile is so slow its like a damn snail.

Yup, but the speed of missiles is a fucking joke though. If a tank is in motion i have to shoot ahead of it cos the missile is so slow its like a damn snail.

Correction: A laser guided snail. As far as I can tell, ALL rockets/missiles in BC2 are having guided possibility (including RPGs). If you miss you either got unlucky (hey it happens), you got a rather poor aim or your team failed to light up the tank.

Just played the demo on the Xbox 360...a great upgrade from the original bad company. The goal is to remember this game is meant to be an arcade game with real weapons to give the impression of realism without removing the fast action and easy of use and such...it is not ARMA and not meant to be so if you want to complain about the missile speeds and stuff, this game is simply not for you. It's fun, you have to give it that.

The sounds are amazing, damage, explosions, and immersion are amazing.

One huge flaw, the assault gun has been reduced from a 60 round clip to a 30 round clip while seemingly keeping the damage per bullet the same, this causes you to almost never take out an enemy in a single clip, this gets really old and everyone is now a sniper. Not sure how this drastic unbalance has gotten so far into development. If it isn't fixed I simply won't get it as it will only be a sniperfest from launch onward

No lean is hardly a console port issue, no BF game has ever had lean. Its like claiming Arma II is a shitty console port because it doesnt have ragdoll.

Personally I'm more irritated with the map than the actual features. I can deal with the missing prone, the FOV is indeed wierd but I'm getting more accustomed to it and I laugh at snipers complaining about their deathsticks scope.

But the map is just a little... off. I suspect its just not suited for 32 players, which is the only amount I've played. Too tight for it. I mean if 5 flags in BF2 was too many for 32 players, then 2 objectives for 32 players is too few in BC2. And I am still one of those guys that went "32 players?! WTF where's 64!?". Got to try some lower player counts.

the console version is balanced for 24 players (so 12v12) thus the maps are bit off for 16v16 ...

also there is only one thing i really like in game

and that's multistage model/material(concrete,bricks) damage system on buildings/walls

plus trees (big ones can be cut into 3 pieces and if they uprooted then they fall and lay as solid object with blocking volume ...

Hardcore mode servers are up now under Hyperion. Damage is better so it's not so infuriating when you get the perfect tactical position as you'll usually get the kill now.

the console version is balanced for 24 players (so 12v12) thus the maps are bit off for 16v16 ...

and that's multistage model/material(concrete,bricks) damage system on buildings/walls

plus trees (big ones can be cut into 3 pieces and if they uprooted then they fall and lay as solid object with blocking volume ...

same damage system is for vehicles, you can knock out armor plates from all vehicles and guns and then take out the gunner/kill the vehicle.

Yeah, the destruction in BC2 is just plain awesome and adds to the replayability. Walls and buildings arent the same every time. Its definetly going to set the standard for future games in that aspect.

I've even gotten a "Destruction2.0" kill, lol.

Although I must admit it can be bad at times. I joined a server and it was still at the start, but everything had been leveled - I mean everything. There wasnt a single tree standing. In other words, it was impossible to play as attacker because snipers picked you off immiedietly. There's not enough vehicles on the map to counter open areas and no weapon except another sniper rifle help at that distance.