Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

Honestly after playing arma and arma2 I’m not motivated to play any other shooters! why? Because Bohemia has set the standards and raised the bar!

But unfortunetly other games raise the bar too :p

I will make the jump to Bad Company 2 for sure. BF1942 is the game that made me abandon Operation Flashpoint and ironically it seems to be almost the exact same reasons. Arma 2 certainly isnt a bad game: its downright amazing. But it has many things that I just cant look past. The sound engine is by far the biggest. Cannot stand the sound cutting out when too many of them are playing. Plus I'm starting to feel the dull pace breathing down my neck... Its f**king awesome to be in the backseat of a helo with 20 guys, watching the terrain roll by on your way to the objective (nothing in the BF series comes even remotely close), but at the same I'm always itching to do battle. Battlefield 2 has really damaged me, lol.

Yeah I know what people will say, "leave the realistic games to us real men, go play your action game!" but meh. I will do just that. Well unless the game seriously suck so hard I puke all over it.

Played a little BF2, liked the concept, but it was frustrating when you had to empty half a clip just to kill one enemy...atleast that was my experience.

Maybe I'll try BF:BC2, depends on user feedback, especially on this forum.

Yeah I know what people will say, "leave the realistic games to us real men, go play your action game!" but meh. I will do just that. Well unless the game seriously suck so hard I puke all over it.

There's the third option though.

You can play both. :p

Seriosuly, why not? When I want some mindless fun, I usualy play Serious Sam, as mindless as it can get. ;)

There's the third option though.

You can play both. :p

Seriosuly, why not? When I want some mindless fun, I usualy play Serious Sam, as mindless as it can get. ;)

I got poor multitasking :p

I ordered it from play.com did anyone receive there keys yet ?

Edited by Smiley_ie

The site from which i ordered it said they send the key on 28th.

Key sending seem to vary alot, there's been keys out for like a week from certain sites and I know they got sent today from other.

The crappy store I bought from have however not sent out yet.

Sidenote: the above times are when the beta starts, the download mirrors should be up in the morning... Or at least that's how I understood it.

Would make things easier and make more sense that way.

I'm not too hopeful, though:

"The PC Beta begins this Thursday, January 28th at approximately 6pm CET, 12pm EST, and 9am PST time!!!!!!! :-D

Where to Get It

The Client will be downloadable from server partner websites and Steam starting at the above listed time at a file size of 1.5GB."

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/

Could happen that one or more mirrors will switch on earlier.

Just got mine.. ready to test it :)

TV2 servers available for the beta

Edited by cri74

Its good fun, looks nice.. sounds nice :) Only one map and game mode atm and can be a bit laggy even with good ping

And the framerate? What are ur graphics settings/hardware?

Some UK servers lag like HELL, and on others its perfectly smooth.

Yah, I gave up - on one server, my guy was going left without me even touching the keyboard and the usual joy of having to empty half a mag into people for them to die a la EVERY BF game is only made worse by the lag.

Don't really expect much less since everyone and their sister are trying to play at the moment ;)

And the framerate? What are ur graphics settings/hardware?

Dont know about his, but I can tell you that its pretty smooth with a Core2Duo@3.2 and a GTX280. Max settings, 2xAA/16xAF/HBAOOAwhatsitscalled on. I could probably increase to higher FSAA with little loss, but meh I'm used to 2x for speed. Little difference from BF2. The map also load disturbingly fast (I mean like "can it really have loaded?" fast).

As I suspected, its the sound that will make me abandon Arma II. The sound is just like in the videos and its F**KING AWESOME!!! You really got to hear it to believe it. The battlefield is complete chaos and you hear yells everywhere. Visuals are fantastic. Not as shocking as the sound, but very good and nicely done. LOD popping is pretty bad though. I dont think I even need to comment on destruction, lol.

Regarding the gameplay, I'm still a little uneasy after playing Arma II. The first round I died 8 times and never managed to kill anyone, lol. But its quick to [re]learn. Its good, but I dont quite get the feeling I got from the BF2142 beta. Snipers are just WAY overpowered and weapon firepower in general is a little meh.

But unfortunetly the usual brainfarts is still there. No way to sort servers, wtf??? Friends tab doesnt seem to work either... Or the server coms are really laggy. It also suffer from the Battlefield series trademark abysmal server browser functionality. FFS DICE if you're gonna use fixed numbers anyway (a ton of servers at exactly 47 ping, the next at 70ish something, etc) then use something like bars instead.

Yah, I gave up - on one server, my guy was going left without me even touching the keyboard and the usual joy of having to empty half a mag into people for them to die a la EVERY BF game is only made worse by the lag.

Don't really expect much less since everyone and their sister are trying to play at the moment ;)

This.

I'm older (39) but I've always considered myself to have pretty good reflexes/hand eye, but I couldn't hit one of those lil pre-pubescent speed freaks for the life of me :eek: Correction, I could hit but not kill one as they danced, and jumped around straight in front of me while I used up 3 mags (yep, even reloaded while they danced), pulled out my pistol, shot him 3 times point blank -unfazed, he unleashed his blade O' fury on me :(

Couldn't hi sh*t with a sniper rifle either, the weapon reloads automatically so I could never see where the bullet was actually landing.:(

Godamn, if they could turn down the pace by lets say, 90%, it might actually be a fun game.

So it takes a lot of bullets to kill someone?

not really, and on hardcore even less.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

This.

I'm older (39) but I've always considered myself to have pretty good reflexes/hand eye, but I couldn't hit one of those lil pre-pubescent speed freaks for the life of me :eek: Correction, I could hit but not kill one as they danced, and jumped around straight in front of me while I used up 3 mags (yep, even reloaded while they danced), pulled out my pistol, shot him 3 times point blank -unfazed, he unleashed his blade O' fury on me :(

Couldn't hi sh*t with a sniper rifle either, the weapon reloads automatically so I could never see where the bullet was actually landing.:(

Godamn, if they could turn down the pace by lets say, 90%, it might actually be a fun game.

HOLD fire button down to see where the bullet lands....

So it takes a lot of bullets to kill someone?

Depends on what your definition of "alot" is. In ArmA II we shoot with pinpoint precision, often with a marksman class rifle. In BC2 random fire seem very common. Makes for a bullet filled battlefield but you miss... Alot.

But unfortunetly the usual brainfarts is still there. No way to sort servers, wtf??? Friends tab doesnt seem to work either... Or the server coms are really laggy. It also suffer from the Battlefield series trademark abysmal server browser functionality. FFS DICE if you're gonna use fixed numbers anyway (a ton of servers at exactly 47 ping, the next at 70ish something, etc) then use something like bars instead.

Fix it yourself the arma way :p

Open C:\Users\Admin\Documents\BFBC2Beta\GameSettings.in i with notepad and find the following line:

RecentGames=

Make it RecentGames=TV2 - 2 Bad Company 2;TV2 - 3 Bad Company 2;TV2 - 4 Bad Company 2;TV2 - 5 Bad Company 2

If you count up to 10. This will give you about 10 or so servers to play on until they fix the main issue.

Well.. ofc you could put other servers in there like

NFOservers.com: NYC #2;TV2 - 9 Bad Company 2;EA-Virginia-PUBLIC-MyInternetServices.com-09;MyInternetServices.com BFBC2 Server;GameServers.com-Chicago-BFBC2;i3D.net - FRA Game server;

Some UK servers lag like HELL, and on others its perfectly smooth.

Seems to be a lot of traffic on any server and its random lagging everywhere i hear... prolly more to come as even more ppl get the beta, but you could try a server closer to home.. like a scandinavian one

Damn.. i cant find the prone :( But bunny is still fun

@Ziiip - did you get it working ?

Edited by cri74

not really, and on hardcore even less.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

HOLD fire button down to see where the bullet lands....

Have to disagree here (although it might be down to lag), people are not going down easily and I've played on a few servers. It's not ArmA, thats for sure (not that its trying to be at the end of the day).