Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

Now that really does appeal, loved the original BF:Vietnam. Definatly needs the playable music on the radios though.

2. a somewhat valid point. if i recall DICE said that it is not easy to modify the game. if they have enough people interested' date=' they'll release a SDK..

[/quote']

No they wont, not the slightest chance of that.

Unfortunetly, coming back to Arma2 after a pause since the BC2 beta, its the modding - more specifically the mission editing - that remains my main problem. I mean sure you can do anything you want, but at least you can play BC2.

Just now I tried to join some Evo Red mission. Fine, I love Evo! Oh its night? Well that's fine too, I can deal with the nightvision. Wait, I have to buy it?! Well at least I get enough points to buy NV, done deal. "NV is available at your armory". Ok... Now what??? No option to enable it. I cant see. I spawned in a bunker so I cant get out because I cannot even see the doorway - apparently electric lamps has not reached the Russian army yet. There doesnt seem to be an armory of any kind inside and even if it was, I'd probably trip over it in the dark.

Rage quit due to crapass mission design :mad:

I've tried playing Arma2 for 1.5 hours over a variety of servers that was either lagging, restarted due to unknown reasons (then everyone left), etc and I got maybe 10 minutes of gameplay out of it. Another issue is the infuriating idea that you're supposed to lie dead for 2+ minutes based on "realism", then respawn. What, the Marines dont have reinforcements? I spawn at the freaking airbase 5km from the target anyway, its going to take me 2+ minutes just to return! Quick respawn or the OPTION to lay and wait for help from a teammate. Dont force it down my throat.

I should have started BC2 instead, I could have been playing all this time :(

Edited by Murklor

Hey, Lurkmor. It's funny, you can't even do it right. It's no wonder then that you can't solve such trivial matters. ;)

Evolution was made by a community member, not BIS. Evo Red is just a variation of Evolution.

Don't like a mission, don't play it. Better yet, make your own. And stop lurking for the sake of it, you're getting very annoying. Perhaps you should indeed have started with BC2, and stayed with it. Would save us all a lot of wasted time.

Edited by Zipper5

Evolution was made by a community member, not BIS. Evo Red is just a variation of Evolution.

Hence why I was talking about the mission editing - not BIS missions. In fact, I have never seen a server run an official BIS mission.

If not glancing poorly over my relativly short post would have saved you alot of wasted time, maybe you should prioritize better. And FYI, not even the best ninja lurker is able to actually make a post without being seen. I'm not that good. But dont get me wrong, I appreciate that you notice me. I'm available.

Def buy for me, as crap as BFBC2 is..... Its the one game i go back to for a frag. Just hope they include the ingame radio like in BF:Vietnam.

Plus there is absolutley nothing on the horizon until RO2.

I'll be wanting to see some revealing gameplay videos before I even think about buying.

Don't know how well the slightly 'floaty' Frostbite engine will cope with a realistic, historical combat setting; and if they try to make everything destructible (because it's BC2), it might well ruin the feeling of the game.

Anyway, what's that I spy on the horizon?

unsr1promo34.th.jpg

Hence why I was talking about the mission editing - not BIS missions. In fact, I have never seen a server run an official BIS mission.

If not glancing poorly over my relativly short post would have saved you alot of wasted time, maybe you should prioritize better. And FYI, not even the best ninja lurker is able to actually make a post without being seen. I'm not that good. But dont get me wrong, I appreciate that you notice me. I'm available.

I've seen a few servers playing official missions. But as this game was released quite a few months ago people have created their own missions which are better suited to purpose.