Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

Thinking of setting up a server but before I do, I was wondering if you can limit the classes per team as I really want a server that focuses on team play and not 25 out of 32 people sniping.

Ideally I'd like 2 snipers per team at a maximum.

If anyone knows, please let me know :)

Ahh thanks, I'll wait then.

Hopefully they will include it in a future patch.

Edited by BangTail

Am I the only one who thinks the character you play as looks just like Jake Gyllenhaal? Same voice and everything!

Do u guys play in HC or adjust to the nature of normal mode?

Is the minimap still not showing enemies in HC? Do you still have an M113 launcher on your back even if u choose an RPG?

Am I the only one who thinks the character you play as looks just like Jake Gyllenhaal? Same voice and everything!

I doupt it's by accident.

Lots of games the last few years have characters that have uncanny resemblences to famous actors.

They just keep the resemblance down enough so they don't get sued

by the actors.

EA sports got sued by a fan of some sport I can't remember

for putting a character in one of their games that was blatant

reference to him.

Played some hardcore and i cant say im much of a fan of it, for the type of game that it is hardcore just doesnt seem to work like it should...

Also noticed a trend of massive medic squads on infantry maps, I have an m16/gl and 1911 and drop a medic and then the medic that comes to revive him, a 3rd medic comes and i drop him but not before he revives one, so now I am down to my 1911 and I kill the medic that got revived after he revives another. My ammo pack finally gave me another grenade so i toss it over there and end up killing 4 medics.

They need to do something to nerf the defrib, maybe a charge period and cool down period because its far too easy to spam that class

Finally was able to join some servers. Tried some regular and it's total arcade, weapons seem nerfed and degraded to peashooters. Hardcore is somewhat better, but still aeons away from being unforgiving. What amazes me is the apparent amount of cheaters. We just had some kiddies on our team racing around with shotguns, 1-shot kills from like 100m, with kill ratios of 42:0. :D

Hope PB catches up.

I found the bloom to be a tad annoying when in the snow (especially driving a vehicle), the same goes for the desert, only played the SP so far but its annoying with the dust not being able to see where the hell you are going.

Pretty good game so far though, the engine itself seems decent enough, BF3 could be interesting...

Finally was able to join some servers. Tried some regular and it's total arcade, weapons seem nerfed and degraded to peashooters. Hardcore is somewhat better, but still aeons away from being unforgiving. What amazes me is the apparent amount of cheaters. We just had some kiddies on our team racing around with shotguns, 1-shot kills from like 100m, with kill ratios of 42:0. :D

Hope PB catches up.

Yep, there is ALOT of cheating going on.

The amount of times I have been killed by a guy after I have stabbed him 32 times in the face...

But luckily I don't come across too many hackers, I try to play on well admined servers. I have noticed I get kicked by the admin alot when I do too well though lol, like our team is winning, and we all get kicked...

Grenadefield Grenade Grenade 2

thats what I think about BFBC2

NEXT!

Nice avatar :p

Nice avatar :p

Thanks now That I think of it, I changed it after I made this post how ironic... :)

MW2= Grenade cluster****

BFBC2= Grenade cluster****

Grenade spam is no where near as bad in BFBC2 as it was in previous Battlefield games. On those, everyone would immediately start throwing grenades as soon as the map started. One of the major reasons I stopped playing them.

I'm currently in the process of putting together a montage. Unlike most of the montages out there, it isn't focused on "epic 1337 hax" sniper shots. Granted, there are a few in there for good measure :p but I have footage from playing as Assault and Engineer as well. We'll see how it turns out.

Grenade spam is no where near as bad in BFBC2 as it was in previous Battlefield games. On those, everyone would immediately start throwing grenades as soon as the map started. One of the major reasons I stopped playing them.

I'm currently in the process of putting together a montage. Unlike most of the montages out there, it isn't focused on "epic 1337 hax" sniper shots. Granted, there are a few in there for good measure :p but I have footage from playing as Assault and Engineer as well. We'll see how it turns out.

Looking foward to it!

Got banned from both the game and forums for making a thread asking if the forums had any admins.

Guess I got my answer.

You got banned from playing BC2?

I'm banned from the North American forum but can still use that account to play BFV,BF2and BF2142. Couldn't use it to sign up for the Beta.

Got banned from both the game and forums for making a thread asking if the forums had any admins.

Guess I got my answer.

You got banned from the UK or the US forum?

You can't play BC2 anymore?

This is crazy :eek:

I got banned on the US forum for posting one of those Youtube Hitler Downfall videos

joking about the BF2 1.50 patch.

So far it doesn't affect my ability to play the older BF games I have

but it didn't let me use my account to play the BC2 Beta and I'm assuming

I have to use a different account to play BC2 if I buy it.

I'd avoid the US forum. it's pretty dead and the devs never bother with

posting there, it's all hearsay and reposts from the UK forum where DICE do

bother to post.

Battlefield Hitler videos are acceptable on the UK forum

but the official EA mods don't seem to like them on the US forum

I'm assuming it's because of the swearing in the subtitles.

So carefull what you post because it can kill your ability to play if they

ban you.

That is completely laughable. Wonder how long it takes until someone considers a class action lawsuit against EA because of that.

That is completely laughable. Wonder how long it takes until someone considers a class action lawsuit against EA because of that.

Deffinetly not right, they still bought your product with money and is playing on official servers.

EA deserves to be sued then, absolute bullshit.

^

Exactly. The idea that a forum mod could determine, based on his gusto, whether or not a customer can utilize the product, does have some legal potential.

On another note, just found this :mad:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2emlu2p.jpg

I´m still Pvt Lvl. 1 ... should I or should I not :D - it surely would even the odds when playing on public servers, no?

That's one of those legal minefield issues. As far as I know, legally they can remove access to the service whenever they want, but at the same time you have the rights as a consumer to return the product for it not working as intended.