Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

Pretty addictive this FPS :p

Arcadey to the max but pretty damn fun, especially if you have a squad that moves together (rare!)

Arcadey to the max but pretty damn fun, especially if you have a squad that moves together (rare!)

Well the spawn on a squadmate is a pretty nifty trick to encourage that or at least make it look like groups... I'm just not sure I like it, lol.

I never really minded the fact that I have to dump a full mag into someone to kill them in the BF series, I hated the fact that they didn't seem to have to do the same to kill me. :) I'll still be playing this for the same old reasons, some nights I'm just too drunk for ARMA.

Depends on what your definition of "alot" is. In ArmA II we shoot with pinpoint precision, often with a marksman class rifle. In BC2 random fire seem very common. Makes for a bullet filled battlefield but you miss... Alot.

crap...i hope this would change.

My game crashes when we finish a match...u got the same prob?

Edited by ziiip

Hit them in the head and they'll go down with two shots max from everything but the engineer's silly vanilla gun. The LMGs are designed to be fired standing still (just a game balance issue), and the assault rifles are pretty darn accurate when you jab the mouse to fire single shots.

Once you've got a few servers in your history, it's very easy to get onto those ones and consistently have games with perfect connection and zero lag. Lots of great UK servers which makes for a nice change!

I like the fact that once you edit the config files to get rid of bloom and set the graphics to a sensible level, there's pretty much zero input lag. As responsive as a twitch-shooter, but with level design that encourages some tactical play.

Interesting to see on the game's forums that lots of PC owners are considering upgrading from dual to quad-core for the game. Makes a nice change if the game actually stresses your CPU a bit - some company for Arma 2 in that respect.

Has anyone else tried the choppers yet? I found the handling to be terrible, but perhaps I've yet to set up my controls in the best way. FOV and the oversized gun graphic don't really bug me as I feared they would.

The game seems well designed to discourage players from playing in a stupid way. Had plenty of really dynamic public matches - really competitive on a team basis rather than individual. The scoring system seems to reward team play rather than simply individual kills, which makes for a positive change from most online FPSs. Haven't seen any bunny-hopping yet (thankfully)!

I really enjoy playing as a medic, and you get infinite points from it. Every revive is worth twice a regular kill, plus the fact that LMG drops enemies like flies, plus infinite health, plus a grenade...

\Ownage/

It's so funny though. Me and a sniper worked together, He stood on a peak and I stood behind it, protected. He got killed at least once every 30 seconds, and within a fraction of him going down i revived him.

I got over 5,000 points that match.

Thats pretty nice richie. :D

Anyway, dont u crash after every match ends? I get that "follow us on twitter" screen and then the game just closes.

edit: i miss the prone pos, that is really lame.

Edited by ziiip

Been playing the PC beta today and I think it sucks ass. Typical shitty console port. Performance is way too low for how crappy it looks, I can run ArmA 2 and Crysis on high settings and get better FPS. It's not just me either, there are people on the BC2 forums with weaker machines saying they get good FPS and people with better machines who say they get bad FPS. Something is wrong with the game. It comes out in two months so don't give me the beta excuse, we all know this was released only as a marketing gimmick.

The only compliment I'll give it are the explosion, destruction and sound effects are well done.

Edited by randir14

Well, I really really love it. Assault rifles are precise if you shoot in bursts. ^^ Good graphics, good framerate(something that arma2 misses:( ).

I played the game last with a friend but wasnt to inpressed with it so far. What i didnt like was the fact you couldnt use the side step buttons to move left or right while runing and if you wanted to go low while moving then you had to hold down the the button. Soon as you let you of the button you stand back up

And im normally a good shooter but sometimes found my self having to use a full mag just to kill 1 guy. Also what buged me was i killed the same guy about 10times and between each kill a medic on his team would came to revive him then run off and hide so had to put 2bullits in him with sniper each time to kill him. Should be a limit on how many times a person can be revived.

The game kinda reminded me of ET quake wars with the soldier class with medic and engineer etc. Maybe i get to like the game when i have the full version but i just didnt enjoy playing it much and i didnt think much of the map.

Also theres a few other things that most people didnt like.

Like no communication rose which alot of people wasnt happy with.

Someone said on another forum

The "communication rose" is gone.

Now to call for a medic, you need to FIND a medic, look at him and then hit communication....

(this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of....all communication for the comm rose is now replaced with this method...which makes no sense on a pc - which shows it is a direct console port)

Fps wise. I had around 30fps with high settings when i first tested on my i7 920 + gtx 275 so then i rebooted and turned HT off and and set the video settings to medium and had around 60fps in game and was pretty smooth.

I wont say the game is crap but i wont say its great either till i play the full version and get use to it. Just wasnt inpressed with it so far after seeing all the vids and trailers of it which made it seem alot better then what i experienced

Edited by brit~XR

Has anyone else tried the choppers yet? I found the handling to be terrible, but perhaps I've yet to set up my controls in the best way. FOV and the oversized gun graphic don't really bug me as I feared they would.

Couldn't fly them well at all. My team was getting their a$$es handed to them and the game told us we were losing badly as we were pushed back to the our last defensive base so I got ballsy and decided to take the fight to them with the helo :681:

... while yelling to my team to take it to them I crashed directly into the building in front of me on takeoff, leading my teammates to scores of "fail"; "You suck!" as well as the game itself telling me "EPIC FAIL". :butbut:

The little toy helo/UAV was much easier for me to fly though...

no lean

no prone

slugish mouse / movement

weird fov for 16:10

terrible scopes

yet another weird console to pc port ...

I really dislike how the aim is sort of slowed down and not properly connected to the movements of my mouse.

The destruction engine thing is great though, I love how you really have to differentiate between cover and concealment.

Not even behind a house are you safe. It really adds to the gameplay. I wont be buying this game though, PR 0.9 on the bf2 engine is what I am waiting for :)

Edited by sparks50

no lean

no prone

slugish mouse / movement

terrible scopes

Agreed. I felt not a single bit of addiction or "new game joy" from this. The soldier feels clunky despite a good framerate, and every round felt tedious.

I can deal with fast-paced arcade FPS. Heck, I had fun with MW1 & BF2, but BC2 just feels really "off" to me, even after playing a bunch on fast/low ping servers.

This just isn't fun for me. I'm canceling my preorder.

no lean

no prone

slugish mouse / movement

terrible scopes

No lean is hardly a console port issue, no BF game has ever had lean. Its like claiming Arma II is a shitty console port because it doesnt have ragdoll.

Personally I'm more irritated with the map than the actual features. I can deal with the missing prone, the FOV is indeed wierd but I'm getting more accustomed to it and I laugh at snipers complaining about their deathsticks scope.

But the map is just a little... off. I suspect its just not suited for 32 players, which is the only amount I've played. Too tight for it. I mean if 5 flags in BF2 was too many for 32 players, then 2 objectives for 32 players is too few in BC2. And I am still one of those guys that went "32 players?! WTF where's 64!?". Got to try some lower player counts.

Beginning to sound more and more like DICE never really "cared" about their PC community. They might care about their wallets, but they never cared about their distaste for such console-like issues, and they just capitalized on IW's mistake. Oh well, not surprising in the slightest.

anyone with a spare key please? been looking everywhere since last night

Compared to the console beta the pc version is absolute bullocks. I hope things change in the final version.

The current aircraft controls are simply outrageous, and obviously designed for a controller. Aiming feels very horrible too, its as if the movement actually stutters...

Xbox version, awesome. Pc version, rubbish.

DICE just want money. I mean, have you seen that french looking dude in all the interviews? He looks like a damn pimp, not a game developer!

Edited by Guest

They need the money, thats what you do not understand, every coperation

needs income

BIS are a company that needs money. A company as large and well-funded as DICE does not need money, they want money.

BIS needs those sounds! It´s by far the best i´ve found in BFBC2!

Otherwise it´s just a fastpaced snack for me - fruitcake in pixels.

Yup. They are kind of misleading though, they sound very scary and dangerous, but when it all comes to it, you can take about 30 hits before you go down(unless you are shot by a sniper rifle, which strangely kills you in only one shot)

I just got killed with 1 shot by a 1911 pistol :rolleyes:

Is cheating possible/rampant with these kinds of games?

Edit- was at point blank but still

I just got killed with 1 shot by a 1911 pistol :rolleyes:

Is cheating possible/rampant with these kinds of games?

Edit- was at point blank but still

The game is garbage (albeit pretty garbage).

I refuse to play a game where I shoot someone with a mounted PK and in return, they bunny hop around as if dodging the bullets. I can actually see the bullets hitting him but he isnt dying. I don't know if it's cheating or whatever but it just ruins the immersion for me.

I know this type of game appeals to a lot of people and Im sure it will do well but it is essentially just a reskinned BF2.

I might buy it when the PRMM team switches over to it (if they do), but this business of having to land a goddamn polaris missile on someone's head in order for them to die just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Edited by BangTail

I dont know if i should buy it or leave it. I like the battlefield series and i find this game to be entertaining, but for FPS gaming i turn to Call of Duty 4 and for gameplay and endless hours of gaming i turn to Arma2. Im courius about the other gamemodes and different maps and i got the money to waste for the game... or maybe i can return a crappy game like Dragon Rising and get a discount... hmm.. i had allmost forgotten i had that game.

Anyways.. come join at TV2 servers(battle.no) :) 28 of them up and running atm and about 500 players online.

Ref.SOURCE