Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

Exactly. The "I'm holier than thou" attitude will get us nowhere.

To each his own. BF is not realistic, I take it as it is, not trying to make it what it is not. There's A2 for this, amongst others. Bring on bunnyhopers, at least they provide a challenge and can make for fun fights

thats exactly how i see it...it is a fun game and unless your playing it nonstop all the time the flaws wont bother you...jump on for a few rounds, blow some shit up, bring buildings down on people camping health packs, steal some apaches and rape them to no end...when you get bored with it jump on a2 or whatever else floats your boat

I've been playing this game since day one and TBH I really enjoy it.

Obviously it's kinda arcadish but it's still fun. I do miss my trackir and the Arma 2 aircraft very bad.

Unfortunately my whole squad has pretty much taken to this new title. I tried and tried to get them to play arma 2 but only 1 or 2 really liked it due to performance issues, learning curve etc etc.

In my opinion Arma 2 is a far superior game I just wish it had a bigger fanbase.

Edited by ICE-Raver

Got the demo, fairly unimpressed. I guess it's just me but one of the major flaws I have in this type of game is that I don't care whether I live or die.

So I looked at a video of the destruction in the game, and the destruction demo from the original Bad Company looks better. Maybe it's less detailed and physics enabled, but you don't have obviously-spawned chunks of concrete evaporating into the ground, nor huge panels of materials bouncing and jiggling around on top of each other as they settle. There's not enough dust to hide the flaws.

Loving it so far. Only major complaint is the completely derpy "simplified" server joining (i.e. randomly putting you onto a server, without letting you choose from a list)

I just got presented with the awesome "This server requires a password to join" message. Initial thoughts were "wtf, didnt think they allowed that in the beta" and then, after cancelling and clicking play now again (assuming I was going to be joined to a different server) I get presented with the "This server requires a pass" message again. Now I really am wtf'ing. 5 times I tried, then gave up and had to restart the game to get a fresh server seed.

To quote a friend: seems like they've really simplified the process to make it as easy and painless as possible for all users.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :mad::mad::mad:

Loving it so far. Only major complaint is the completely derpy "simplified" server joining (i.e. randomly putting you onto a server, without letting you choose from a list)

I just got presented with the awesome "This server requires a password to join" message. Initial thoughts were "wtf, didnt think they allowed that in the beta" and then, after cancelling and clicking play now again (assuming I was going to be joined to a different server) I get presented with the "This server requires a pass" message again. Now I really am wtf'ing. 5 times I tried, then gave up and had to restart the game to get a fresh server seed.

To quote a friend: seems like they've really simplified the process to make it as easy and painless as possible for all users.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :mad::mad::mad:

Theres a server list window on the bottom right of the screen in which you can choose from probably hundreds (maybe not, but alot) of servers. Mine's tricky as I have to open it once, close it, then re open to get the full list.

Theres a server list window on the bottom right of the screen in which you can choose from probably hundreds (maybe not, but alot) of servers. Mine's tricky as I have to open it once, close it, then re open to get the full list.

There is ?!?!

Damn I really need to have my eyes checked again :S

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

So I just checked, and whilst there is a server list, as far as I can seeit only lists servers you've already been on (history) and those you add as faveourites.

Better than MW2 offers, but still rather dumb imho :/

No, that's not the right one. Click Multiplayer and select Server Browser, rather than Play Now. It's like any other server browser then. ;)

Nice and simple then :j:

The server browser is just a stand-in.

There will be a heavily polished version in the full game so we're told.

Dont u bother about the indirect control that represents imho the problem to a game that got ported from a console to pc?

I liked Bf2 for short play ,but BfBC2 really disappoints me.

Yep, its definately a port from the Devil's worst creation unleashed on mankind AKA consoles.

The game is pretty fun.

There are some minor annoyances here and there, but in general i'm quite enjoying it.

Minor annoyances are the squad spawn system, which sounds great on paper to get you in the action fast... But when you are in a one on one fight with someone, and suddenly three of his buddies pop out of the thin air to gangrape you, it becomes quite less enjoyable.

Also, not being able to open/close doors, but having to destroy them with a knife? Really? :p

The patch released today is awesome. I went from minimium of 25fps to minimum of 40fps. now it's smooth as butter all the time, and I have a dualcore at high settings except shadows at medium.

There was a patch released today?

Is it just me, or is the Steam version of the beta not getting patched? That's just retarded. :(

I don't care lol, I played the beta like twice and couldn't care less.

I am looking forward to unlocking the full game on steam, as I know I won't be disapointed. I loved the first game, and this one seems just as good. However, the Beta was utter crap :)

I'm taking a break from ArmA 2 simulation and I enjoy this arcade shooter. I think it is less serious but more fun.

Is it just me, or is the Steam version of the beta not getting patched? That's just retarded. :(

You will get it but later : http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc-beta/894136-new-client-r3-coming-now-before-10am-gmt-changelog.html

Steam users will have to wait until this evening to update as we need Valve to wake up to make it live their end. If you want to run the latest version you can uninstall the Steam version and grab the client from any host here: Battlefield Blog and use the same login details as before.

Edited by Lonestar

Steam has been a little slack with the updating in some games as of late.

I must admit that I quite enjoy the game on "Hardcore" servers. Once you remove the irksome "empty 30 bullets into someone" game dynamic, it becomes a lot of fun.

It will get even better at release when admins can limit classes (snipers) and we get more balanced gameplay as a result.

There was an article yesterday where they absolutely confirmed there will be no modding tools at retail launch but the dev didn't deny we might get them later so that's a good thing (maybe).

Edited by BangTail

Steam has been a little slack with the updating in some games as of late.

I must admit that I quite enjoy the game on "Hardcore" servers. Once you remove the irksome "empty 30 bullets into someone" game dynamic, it becomes a lot of fun.

It will get even better at release when admins can limit classes (snipers) and we get more balanced gameplay as a result.

There was an article yesterday where they absolutely confirmed there will be no modding tools at retail launch but the dev didn't deny we might get them later so that's a good thing (maybe).

snipers will become even more useless on hardcore servers, its bad enough that they dont spot which is their sole purpose on reg servers with the spot indicators...IMO the snipers should just be removed from the game, leave recon class with binoculars and an assault rifle

Just got the new patch and tested it out. It's amazing the difference it's made in terms of performance. That's one of the things that was stopping me from liking the game so much, but now... Wow.

snipers will become even more useless on hardcore servers, its bad enough that they dont spot which is their sole purpose on reg servers with the spot indicators...IMO the snipers should just be removed from the game, leave recon class with binoculars and an assault rifle

I tend to agree. Better to have a designated marksman for the team than some lone twat(s) sitting on a hill :p

I tend to agree. Better to have a designated marksman for the team than some lone twat(s) sitting on a hill :p

on a side note if you want to be a dickhead you can get a medic class, kill them, bring them back to life and kill them again....keep doing it nonstop :yay:

on a side note if you want to be a dickhead you can get a medic class, kill them, bring them back to life and kill them again....keep doing it nonstop :yay:

LAWL.

Been there, done that :)

Played it at a friend's house. Nothing really impressed me. Battlefield even more nubbed down imho. BF42 took much more teamwork than BF2, BF2142, and BFBC2.

But, modern games are blanced so the lone wolf players can have fun too, so they have their place in the market. Just no place on my hard drive lol!

Played it at a friend's house. Nothing really impressed me. Battlefield even more nubbed down imho. BF42 took much more teamwork than BF2, BF2142, and BFBC2.

But, modern games are blanced so the lone wolf players can have fun too, so they have their place in the market. Just no place on my hard drive lol!

I had fun in BF1942 as lonewolf 90% of the time