Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

I LOL at the Euros wanking about a 2 day delay to their BFBC2 release. :colgate:

Arma2 was a month delayed to the US, and Armed Assault was like 3 months, so suck it up chaps! :dance:

Yeah, you should see the Steam forums. People are going crazy, canceling orders left and right. I wish I had BC2 as soon as others have, but an extra wait just makes me want to play it even more, and therefore enjoy it even more.

From what I'm hearing, I'm going to love it as well. :D

That's why I have an XBOX 360. :)

Since the MP limits (24 from what I've read) seems to be the same for PC or XBOX, I don't see a need to buy it for the PC...

32 player on PC

I don't think it's like mw2, hated mw2. I love this though. :)

Edited by Dead3yez

Yeah, you should see the Steam forums. People are going crazy, canceling orders left and right. I wish I had BC2 as soon as others have, but an extra wait just makes me want to play it even more, and therefore enjoy it even more.

From what I'm hearing, I'm going to love it as well. :D

Yep, it's a madhouse but the fact is, Steam NEVER promised a pre load.

If it isn't out at 1 p.m. EST, then the flood gates of butthurt will really open.

32 player on PC

hmmm.... making me rethink this...

I own all the Battlefields on PC, except for Bad Company 1 (which I rented and kept for a month, because I liked it), so I might have to pop into Gamespot when it opens in an hour and see if they have it.

Q: How do you make a bucket lighter?

A:

Make a hole in it?

Put a torch in it?

Eat it?

Octomonogopolus?

Any of those answers would satisfy me more than the feedback we get from DICE and steam...

Awesome. :D

Yes, I do wish there was more being said about what was going on but, hey, I have 3 more days before the 5th. Only when it's not there on the 5th will I be worried/pissed off.

Yup looking forward to the 5th as well, cant believe people are dropping their orders because its delayed by few days :s.

Yes, I do wish there was more being said about what was going on but, hey, I have 3 more days before the 5th. Only when it's not there on the 5th will I be worried/pissed off.

Can i have the few mins of life back YOU just made me waste watching that pootube video please.

I honestly dont understand how some people can get so ragged up by a few days delay, a few days is nothing compared to "Dukenukem 4eva" if you get my drift, i played a weeks worth of the beta and already knew id made a good purchase, apart from the cons that so many seem to get all hoyty toyty about its still much MUCH better then recent fail games.

im excited for SP as its something new that the bf series hasnt ventured into before "as far as i know anyway".

It did in Bad Company 1, though rather... Unsuccessfully. Though I did like the characters a lot. Glad to see they're all back, just not as over-the-top-funny as they were...

Oh well...

Oh, and that video was simply a response to Richie's last option of Dr.Octogonapus. :p

It did in Bad Company 1, though rather... Unsuccessfully. Though I did like the characters a lot. Glad to see they're all back, just not as over-the-top-funny as they were...

Oh well...

Oh, and that video was simply a response to Richie's last option of Dr.Octogonapus. :p

ahh i never got the chance to play the first BC mainly becouse it was console only.

Cheque will be fine. :P

God damn you.

I'm crying I'm laughing so much :D

Here's an example of the humor in the game. I laughed quite a bit in it, actually. Some genuinely funny parts.

They made many of those ripping-off trailers. I highly recommend watching the rest. :p

Yay! The pre-loading has begun on Steam! Had to start it many times as the servers are too busy (lol) but it's finally downloading (though, at 6.5kbps right now). I shall leave it to download overnight and while I'm at school. :D

Edit: Oh shit, double post. Sorry.

Edited by Zipper5
Double post D:

Yay! The pre-loading has begun on Steam! Had to start it many times as the servers are too busy (lol) but it's finally downloading (though, at 6.5kbps right now). I shall leave it to download overnight and while I'm at school. :D

Edit: Oh shit, double post. Sorry.

250KB/s here.

We don't get to play until 5th though. :(

At least we got pre-load unlike those USA suckers. :p

Edit:

Speed deteriorating slowly now at 3% D:

I rented it this morning from Blockbuster, played for a couple hours on the XBOX 360, and loved it... although I was severely handicapped by the controller.

We don't get to play until 5th though. :(

At least we got pre-load unlike those USA suckers. :p

Edit:

Speed deteriorating slowly now at 3% D:

So I went to Gamestop and bought it for the PC.

I'm installing now. :p

EDIT - Isn't this somewhat blasphemous to speak of other games on BIS forums? I feel I need to repent...

Edited by Mosh
stuff

Most of those were mentioned pre-release probably 1,000,000 times, 11aTony. Please tell me you didn't buy the game before reading up on it a little. :eek:

That common mistake is why "that other game" got, and is still getting, sales...

I believe the campaign is meant to poke fun at Bad Company 2's main competition, Modern Warfare 2, hence why they were cheeky and ripped it off a little. I hear there are references to it as well throughout the campaign. Personally, I like that. A lot. :D

No, I didnt buy the game. I will never buy a game not from BIS without trying it first ever again. Last and only time I did that is buying Far Cry 2. I somehow forgot that commercials are just eye candy and are completely something else then final game. However, a friend of mine bought BC2 and we played it a bit. Then he uninstalled it and will take it back tomorrow.

hmmm.... making me rethink this...

I own all the Battlefields on PC, except for Bad Company 1 (which I rented and kept for a month, because I liked it), so I might have to pop into Gamespot when it opens in an hour and see if they have it.

Make sure you register them all here then. You can unlock the M1 garand in BC2 for having veteran points. I'm not sure if there's any other bonuses.

The limited edition comes with many different unlocks on day 1 for MP. Plus, there's also a day 1 DLC map pack, containing, apparently, an old BF2 favorite. I know what it is, but I shall not spoil it.

Well, maybe I will:

Strike at Karkand

Pre-load is complete, now I just have to wait for Friday morning. Awesome way to start the weekend! :D

It seems a little odd that I ordered the limited edition meaning I could get th day 1 unlocks, but I won't be getting the game for another 2 months due to slow delivery. Fortunately the

limited edition was $2 more

Well, maybe I will:

Strike at Karkand

Awesome :cool:

Pre-load is complete, now I just have to wait for Friday morning. Awesome way to start the weekend! :D

Yup, should be good.

My preload went at a steady 1.3mbps without fail :p

Not that it helped, still have to wait 2 days...

This whole staggered release date is just stupid.

My preload went at a steady 1.3mbps without fail :p

Not that it helped, still have to wait 2 days...

This whole staggered release date is just stupid.

Did you hear that gamestation and GAME, along has retail stores here in the UK are already selling it? Not to mention those who bought from EA already have it unlocked.

:redmad::redmad::redmad::redmad: Someone will pay for this!!! lol

Well don't get too excited...

The EA servers are so lagged that you can't half connect to the servers on your browse list. Then once connected, if you manage to finish a match, your information may or may not be saved to EA.

Kit unlock progression is broken. Been playing since yesterday, and not a single point getting awarded to next unlock on the kit menu.

Games all lag. You can see people pop in and out rubber banding. I connect at 45 Ping to servers and still lags. Sometimes frame rates go down to 6 if there is an explosion close to you. Watch the slideshow of your death.

New Limited Edition Day one kit unlocks worked for one match. One. Now gone. Steam version people are not even getting them unlocked.

Veteran unlock for owning other Battlefield games is broken. Can't unlock the M1 Garand.

People with Unlocks from Beta seem to be able to keep them. Many have very high ranked guns just owning the nubs (like me to this). And without the unlocks, you're just cannon fodder.

EA screwed up the launch plain and simple. Everythings broken as far as I can tell. They are working on the connection problems, but it takes many tries on many servers until you get a connection. Some servers showing 20 ping with nobody on them. And you can't connect because the server is now offline, but it still shows up in browser. Some servers showing 20 of 32 players on a new refresh, try to join, and server is full.

Total Cluster F**k. Everything that has plagued the other games from the series/EA is back, with a vengeance. Same story, different game.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut