Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

What's AAA games?

Big budget stuff, blockbuster games.

Here's the quote

this is an improvement in our particle system, inspired by fps block busters adored for their particle effects.

Hoho except fire doesn't spin in them

Does warfx work alongside SLX and OA? I'm not getting the explosion effects and particles. :confused:

My main concern is the performance. 1.41 was light on resources, but that updated version from HS repository really ate too much resources during explosions (3 explosions downed FPS from 50 to 7-10). Hope the final version will be just as light as 1.41 was.

Well i have cut down on alot of smoke particles while keeping the overall visual effects high. Theres been alot of tuning which is why its taken so long to get from the last release to here.

Just on the off chance Opticalsnare, have you considered making explosion effects for bombs larger than the standard BIS bombs? I'm sure artists like RKSL and Myke could put them to good use.

Yes, we definitely need a 1000 lb bomb explosion, and a MOAB.

Just on the off chance Opticalsnare, have you considered making explosion effects for bombs larger than the standard BIS bombs? I'm sure artists like RKSL and Myke could put them to good use.

Im already doing some stuff for Mykes MOAB which is included in the WarFX/BlastCore package. Theres also going to explosion effects for cluster, napalm, nuclear, 500lb - 2000lb bombs & bunker busters. ;)

Edited by Opticalsnare

Im already doing some stuff for Mykes MOAB which is included in the WarFX package. Theres also going to explosion effects for cluster, napalm, nuclear, 500lb - 2000lb bombs & bunker busters. ;)

You're the maan! :yay:

Im already doing some stuff for Mykes MOAB which is included in the WarFX package. Theres also going to explosion effects for cluster, napalm, nuclear, 500lb - 2000lb bombs & bunker busters. ;)

That is very nice to hear, having the "500lb suit all" is something that's always bothered me. Cheers!

Can't wait for this one, waiting for "official" release..

Regards,

:`----________----' : <--ear to ear grin!

NOW I see why it's called BlastCore! Resting comfortably on pins and needles :D

Looking forward to the new release OS. I had a go at trying to work out adding cartridge ejection to the M2 but I couldn't figure out the memory points and how to reference them in the config. Lots of respect for your work.

Good luck with your upcoming stint in the forces, I'm sure you'll do fine :)

Watch that, it may give you an idea for tracers and hit impacts at night.

Well i have cut down on alot of smoke particles while keeping the overall visual effects high. Theres been alot of tuning which is why its taken so long to get from the last release to here.

Please also notice that the sparks in the explosions have to be cut down, the perfect ball of sparks that comes right now is neither realistic, looks like china, and eats too much performance. An asymetric figure would be better, I think. :)

@ Night Tracers - WarFX tracers are already top notch, white glow inside, red/green color outside. The tracers could be a tad bit smaller in their overall size but apart from that I love em.

Watch that, it may give you an idea for tracers and hit impacts at night.

Hell yeah, Project Reality Professional UK Armor Audio Recording Trip!! :D

I tried to screen through this thread as good as possible couldnt find my issue:

Tanks/vehicules burn far too fast. I am not saying that this is my personal taste. The flames are basically flashing, the smoke is shooting into the sky. A bit like setacctimex20

I only have the common sound mods: VOPSound; Tango Romeos Tracked Vehicles Sound Mod, Robert Hammers Heli Sound Mod and MarkXIII's GAU8 cannon sound version compatible with my fixed wings module. (CBA installed also)

Edited by Albert Schweitzer

Albert there is a problem with this in OA. There is an unofficial fix but OpticalSnare is working on the new version already.

Albert there is a problem with this in OA. There is an unofficial fix but OpticalSnare is working on the new version already.
^

Roger! thanks a lot.

P.S: you are right, just checked the comments on ArmAholic and there I should have found my info already. Anyhow, thanks for not yelling at me. I would have deserved it ;)

Edited by Albert Schweitzer

Any way to expand on the He round Impacts for the M1a1 tank, they look dont look big

when they impact normal terrain like grass, hills, even other tanks

heres a good vid i found to demonstrate or at least give an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPgdFV19XpQ&feature=related

Edited by Gnter Severloh