Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Good to hear OS! THanks for the time and effort you're putting into this mod...it's one of the best IMO. Looking forward to the new release!

Arrowhead with Build_72197, the newest cba and 1.4beta warfx and I do get the spinning flames...and no other mods running.

Also happens with arrowhead with Build_72197, the newest cba and 1.41beta warfx

Love the mod and am REALLY going to miss looking forward to any progress as no one else seems to have picked up the ball.

Still amazes me how even BI with all their hype about realism (shell ejecting on wrong side , animations etc.) could over look something as simple yet so immersive as having bullet impacts LOOK deadly rather than resembling pain ball splatters.

Just wait for "Blastcore" damn it! I'm sure it'll be around the corner...

What is this "Blastcore" of which you speak?

If that's the name of WarFX I'm simply stating that after the next release from OS , since he's venturing off on life's path in a different direction , then there will be no further enhancements / upgrades to WarFX .If BI release patches /upgrades that disable or screw up the mod (as apparently OA did with the fire) we're SOL unless someone else picks it up and carries on.

Or is Blastcore a different mod someone else is working on???

What is this "Blastcore" of which you speak?

If that's the name of WarFX I'm simply stating that after the next release from OS , since he's venturing off on life's path in a different direction , then there will be no further enhancements / upgrades to WarFX .If BI release patches /upgrades that disable or screw up the mod (as apparently OA did with the fire) we're SOL unless someone else picks it up and carries on.

Or is Blastcore a different mod someone else is working on???

From OS:

Hey guys, sorry ive been away but i am still about and still working on the mods when i got a bit of time spare, its just been so busy for me recently, the warfx particles mod currently being worked codename "Blastcore" is not far off from being released, its a big improvment over the last release and has lots of fixes and effects. ...As for the rest of the mods like muzzleflashes and stuff well i think i might just release that unfinished and people can carry on with that and finish it as its currently not on my toplist of things to finish off atm.. So gimme a bit more time and il finish what i can off :)

Hope that clears up "Blastcore" for ya. :)

Oh man! Keep up Beerhunter!

Don't you scan these forums every hour like the rest of us?

yeah, i mean, not like there is a search in this thread function that you could type in "blastcore" for.

Everything works great except for the wood impacts, they're still the same from the original game (tiny and barely noticeable). Anyone help me with this?

How do you remove the spinning flames?

Smoke effects are way too off in OA

No smoke produced on impact

No smoke produced on impact

what do you mean? but i think OS worked maybe on the impacts with more mud and smaller dust.

View dist 3600

Fired

-Hydra

-AGM Marverick

-AIM Sidewinder

-GBU 12 from A-10.. explodes but no smoke radius

only sparks were present

How do you remove the spinning flames?

It's a bug of OA. BIS really needs to fix it.

BIS won't fix it as nothing is broken... mods are made around a game not the other way around... so we must wait for a mod fix :)

Only with WarFX none with JTD Fire & Smoke

BIS modified the particles system by making flames .paa transitions spin instead of turning on a vertical axis...

And indeed, it's the WarFx MOD's duty to adapt to this new change, not to BIS, heh.

Regards,

TB

Except it looks stupid in vanilla too - where tanks sometimes look like they are burning downwards.

Well ive got OA now thanks to a donation :) anyway ive started porting the mod over atm everything looks good so shoundnt be long. :D

Well ive got OA now thanks to a donation :) anyway ive started porting the mod over atm everything looks good so shoundnt be long. :D

You are a legend! cannot wait for the update mate! :D