Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

I have been on the fence on arma 2 for a long time now watching all the great mod's build this game into something fantastic. I'm looking into buying Combined Operations on Steam, and I'm wondering how well you guy's think Group link 4 and this mod works together?

In the interest of not letting interest die away in this mod I made a thread on armaholic. I think by drawing enough attention WarFX in OA, someone skilled enough will be able to continue the mod.

There are plenty of talented modders out there that COULD take this up.

Anyone able to contact OS in RL to ask permission ?

if i was told i could have only one mod it would be warfx, and its makes me sad i might never get to use warfx properly with Arrowhead... i can't take it anymore :hang:

Anyone able to contact OS in RL to ask permission ?

I have it,and i hope i have the permission.i have for me a little bit reworked the Config from WarFX and yeah its a realy good Platform.

EXCELLENT stephsen. If there anything that we can do to help PLEASE ask us.

I hate to ask but any idea as to when you will be ready? Weeks?

I hate to ask but any idea as to when you will be ready? Weeks?

mh...the biggest problem is i cant open the main file WarFXPE.Pbo i have all decompression programs winpbo,pbo view,cpbo and more but it all worked not for me i think this file is with a other program compressed when i want this decompressed with Pbo-view appears an error message that says that no a arma file mh...maybe total commander with a Pbo pluggin ...no idea yetFPDR

I found that when I installed OA that the file association had changed from cpbo to OA.

When I followed the post here to change it back I could open all pbos again with cpbo.

I have been able to unpbo WarFXPE.pbo ..... so it does work :) I just dont know WHICH variables to change :(

Edited by Kremator

Interesting UncleKeith! I have been messing around changing values that look large to smaller values to see if I can find the spinning fire problem.... but to no avail.

Will look at 1.4 then

oh men i cant more ...ok kremator the idea is super but i cant create the reg.file im dumbFPDR

look here: Create the registry file

First you need to open My Computer to go into windows explorer and create file shall we call it Remove_ArmA2_PBO_association.reg

Do this by right mouse clicking on the explorer window, choose New → Text Document. Then give it file name: Remove_ArmA2_PBO_association.reg

--Ok when i do this i have a txt.file

Now use your favorite text editor to open this .reg file, then copy paste this

code there:

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PBO_auto_file]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\PBO_auto_file]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pbo]

@=-

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pbo\AppsTable

--ok i have

Run the reg file

To run the just created registry file is easy. Just double click on the Remove_ArmA2_PBO_association.reg file on windows explorer and choose Yes from the dialog. Done.

--What for a dialog when i doubleklick then opening the txt.file and now?

i mean this is a textfile ...when you doubleklick on a textfile then is that open not comes a dialog :(

Looks like you need to make it a .reg file. You running Win7 or XP ? With Win7 it is easy, just click on .txt and make it .reg

I can't remember HOW to do it in XP. Anyone else help?

Once you have created the .reg file, double click it and HEY PRESTO, cpbo works again :)

PS UncleKeith - have you got a download of 1.4 so that I can compare ? (or perhaps a link)

i used vista 64bit ...ok i make a txt.file and rename this in reg. right ? and then open this and copy the code in the reg.file right ? or before i renamed the txt.file in reg.file ?

Yes it has to be a .reg file. You will know that you have it right when the icon changes from a .txt file :)

EDIT: UncleKeith I tried 1.4 beta but still have spinning explosion fire. Not sure what you are running !

Edited by Kremator

I also haven't noticed this spinning fire think with WarFX 1.4beta.

I'm running ARMA 2 CO + ARMA2_OA_Build_72197 + ACE2 and Mando Missile 2.4b8.

No problem so far, very nice effects. :)

Edited by CriminalMinds

arma2oa2010-07-2909-40-54-83.jpg

this is arrowhead with Build_72197, the newest cba and 1.4beta warfx and no spinning flame...

I am new to particle effects but would love to help out. I have already been digging around in the pbo. I am more looking towards implementing different explosion effects for different weapons and make them a tad bit more realistic. I have seen many of these ordnance used in real life ( 25mm, 105mm, Hellfires, FFARs, GBUs, JDAMS etc). I wouldn't mind adding in support for other addons such as GLT's weapons for the JSOW, JDAM, etc.

It is going to take me awhile to figure it out but I think it could be enjoyable for awhile.

Hey guys, sorry ive been away but i am still about and still working on the mods when i got a bit of time spare, its just been so busy for me recently, the warfx particles mod currently being worked codename "Blastcore" is not far off from being released, its a big improvment over the last release and has lots of fixes and effects. As for other mods like the muzzleflashes still need work. The soundmod is almost finished but i only got so far implementing the distance sound scripting, but the basis to work from are all there so i might release that for someone to use as a placeholder or source to finish off. I still have to get a copy of OA as im a bit strapped for cash till payday which is in a few days :D once i get myself a copy i can port the mod over and release "Blastcore" then. As for the rest of the mods like muzzleflashes and stuff well i think i might just release that unfinished and people can carry on with that and finish it as its currently not on my toplist of things to finish off atm.. So gimme a bit more time and il finish what i can off :)

Edited by Opticalsnare

Great to hear you are still working on the mods mate... your mods are a must have in my opinion! top job.

Nice to hear from u OS! I hope the muzzleflashes will be completed with the same passion as you've showed us then! :)

But it's enough with the distance-sounds script! :D Hell, that'll be awsome since noone has made that before.

Hope you get a copy of OA soon and that the port from Arma2 wont bring difficulties! ;)

Great news! Good luck on porting everything over OS, this really is a must-have mod. Will Blastcore have vehicle weapon casings btw?

Great news to hear our fav moder is still on :).

Good to see you still with us OS! Blastcore is going to be awesome and a MUST HAVE!

Awesome news Opticalsnare, really happy you're still around!

Cheers mate!