Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

I can already see my GPU\CPU melting.....

Amazing job man!

Man youtube is so crap, it messed up the quality and cant even embed videos properly.

*VIDEO HERE*

That looks amazing, oh btw which sound mod do you use?

That looks amazing, oh btw which sound mod do you use?

My own sound mod, its part of the Blastcore package. :)

will the blastcore sound package be modular?

Yea it is.

Basicly the name Blastcore refers to the whole package in total not just the particles side of things so when you get "WarFX : Blastcore" it will contain the particles, sounds & and a bunch of other stuff.

Oh btw i need some help, does anyone know of a way to activate a script via .sqf from a weapons config file? Im trying to add backblast and muzzle effects to the AT launchers like the M136 and also my muzzleflashes wont work on rifles even tho ive set them up for the. Cheers

Damn my dumb brain wish I knew that stuff so I could help.

Blastcore video looks brilliant, loved the impact whistle sound effect for the hellfire missile, so realistic, having seen it myself in Iraq, you get that effect when seeing exposions from a distance too, hope that tip helps.

Looks like this is going to be one hell of a package.

Im so impressed that I can't sit still. I knew this would knock down every other mod out there! Pay attention BIS, THIS is the way to make your game look realistic and beautiful at the same time! I hope the sounds will rock aswell. :)

And to OS's question; FFS you script guys, help him out damn it! This needs to be done. We should all be focused on this package to get it done and outta the door! When this is released, we should donate the reward to OS. :)

Edited by -=anders=-

yeah !! just make some darker smoke for the GAU shots

Edited by Konrad1

Hey Optical, can you make an incoming sound like this one so i can Jizz in my pants when playing Arma?

And maybe even the shock wave?

haha....

Nice find Solarghost. I'm sure Blastcore will be just as amazing. Of course in time it could be tweaked, but let's see what OS says.

Yea id love to have that sound. Il have to see if i can make it up as it will need to loop.

If that sound was in Arma why would we ever play anything thing else ! hah

sorry to be negative but i reckon there is way to much background sounds with that video, IMO of course.

I think to get a fine quality sample you need silence before during and after.

Like this type of thing below definately loopable as I've used it before in sound effects.

*Wear Headphones*

You can even hear the thuds of the firing in the distance, the first one you will hear are rockets firing, then at 1:30s you will see the returning 155mm fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlkziSSo0Bg

Edited by Bigpickle

Not the best idea to post that amazing video, because now i can't wait anymore :eek::yay: BAF + WarFX and the weekend would be planned :D

Great video man, looking forward to this.

I recognize that music, did you get it from Quake 2?

I was wondering if you are going to bring back the reg dust that you had in your first version?,

I miss that so much, that lingering dust and smoke was really immersive.

I had an idea for the GBU impacts, like the color of the smoke, dust,

shouldn't it be roughly the same color as and a mixture of the ground and vehicle smoke?

like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q_kbn0uWc

Keep up the good work!

shouldnt the tracers for the a10 be red?

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

opticalsnare how do you SHAPE the special effects?

I am asking because that 500 pound bomb would look alot better if the bright yellow flash was smaller than it is now and lasted just a bit shorter too

dont know if thats an easy task by any means thats why im asking how do you edit these effects i might want to try my hand at making some

Blastcore looks like it's going to be great. Great work OS.

Edited by SEN_ONE

So what's this new Blastcore business? I've been away on vacation, I come back, and I see this crazy-awesomeness. What's different about Blastcore from WarFXParticles?

Anybody?