Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

he has a tracer addon, unless you mean he improve on the one's he's already done?

no im saying make a new one that is part of war fx

Mandoble's addons countermeasurs (flares) look weird with this. Might want to look into that.

This addon really adds to immersion and its great. However when for example aircrafts crash into the ground and explode my FPS can drop to 1-2FPS if close enough (1-100meters roughly). Also i think some dust impacts are too big. Noticed M110 (ACE) impacts at 800m away were about 30 times bigger than the enemies i was shooting at (units).

Some optimization regarding those aircraft impacts would be super. Anyway, keep up the great work OpticalSnare and thanks for a great addon. :)

Really hanging for the next phase.

As Alex said the dust flares are a bit big but I get over that once I'm caught near an A-10 crashing 1 block away and just biding my time while the dust clears.

Awesome Mod dude.

Hi i have some problem with this addon when i try to connect on server with WarFX_Particles_Core;WarFX_Particles_Weps in the signature the server tell me : WarFX.pbo and WarFXweps.pbo are not signed with a key accepted by this server.

I have placed @WarFXParticles in my BI\Arma2\

Thx for your help.

Hi i have some problem with this addon when i try to connect on server with WarFX_Particles_Core;WarFX_Particles_Weps in the signature the server tell me : WarFX.pbo and WarFXweps.pbo are not signed with a key accepted by this server.

I have placed @WarFXParticles in my BI\Arma2\

Thx for your help.

Some servers have signature checks and only allow few addons.

Have you tried other servers?

Really hanging for the next phase.

As Alex said the dust flares are a bit big but I get over that once I'm caught near an A-10 crashing 1 block away and just biding my time while the dust clears.

Awesome Mod dude.

Yeah they arent the biggest issue. I like that they in fact are bigger since ACE dust kick up is minimal. Not even big calibers give immersion in ACE when it comes to dust. But firing 5 stanag rounds at a vehicle and its completelly eaten up by dust is a taaaad too much. :D However the FPS drop from aircraft crashes is the bigger problem.

Awesome addon never the less. Brings tons more immersion when dust kicks up around you as well as hearing impact sounds. :) Great work.

Some servers have signature checks and only allow few addons.

Have you tried other servers?

Yea same thing.:confused:

Great mod. Very impressive.

Unfortunately though, I had to disable it because like Alex, I was seeing a real FPS hit with certain effects, mostly from artillery impact.

Really looking forward to any future updates.

Mandoble's addons countermeasurs (flares) look weird with this. Might want to look into that.

This addon really adds to immersion and its great. However when for example aircrafts crash into the ground and explode my FPS can drop to 1-2FPS if close enough (1-100meters roughly). Also i think some dust impacts are too big. Noticed M110 (ACE) impacts at 800m away were about 30 times bigger than the enemies i was shooting at (units).

Some optimization regarding those aircraft impacts would be super. Anyway, keep up the great work OpticalSnare and thanks for a great addon. :)

I agree usually with me anytime theres a large explosion of any vehicle my FPS will drop to 5FPS from 40.

If I go into the second benchmark test since theres so many explosions and effects my FPS will stay a constant 5FPS.

Can you please look into this OS?

Yup its been fixed dont worry about it. Pain in the ass i know, just gonna have to wait it out till next release.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Heres a quick update on what ive been working on recently its still WIP as im busy at making all the other stuff i havnt really done much work to the muzzleflashes in general as im still adding the scripts to over stuff. But anyway heres a demo of some of the mods whihc includes sounds and the muzzleflashes mod. Enjoy :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFSAiAo37bQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFSAiAo37bQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

are you sure we need that muzzleflashes for small weapons ?

I think it should be on only at night, same things with sparkles at impacts, you see lot more sparkles and less smoke at night than at day, except for big explosions.

Is there a way to make effects function of daytime ?

are you sure we need that muzzleflashes for small weapons ?

I think it should be on only at night, same things with sparkles at impacts, you see lot more sparkles and less smoke at night than at day, except for big explosions.

Is there a way to make effects function of daytime ?

Well, I dont think it matters. It looks realistic enough anyways and it's a very nice satisfaction you get. It's just so nice with some new effects that Arma2 didnt have before.

There are weapons out there depending on shadows, dark areas, what time etc. wich actually shows muzzleflashes... The ones in OS's video are not bad. Although I think the M249 and M240 would be better off with a more "star-shaped" flash or something similar because of the end of the barrel.

Edited by -=anders=-

Well, I dont think it matters. It looks realistic enough anyways and it's a very nice satisfaction you get. It's just so nice with some new effects that Arma2 didnt have before.

There are weapons out there depending on shadows, dark areas, what time etc. wich actually shows muzzleflashes... The ones in OS's video are not bad. Although I think the M249 and M240 would be better off with a more "star-shaped" flash or something similar because of the end of the barrel.

As far as realism is concerned i think it does matter but perhaps this addon isn't about realism, I am just doing a suggestion based on the footages I ve seen.

As far as realism is concerned i think it does matter but perhaps this addon isn't about realism, I am just doing a suggestion based on the footages I ve seen.

I know you did. But I think this mod is a combination of both realism and good looks. Me myself would compare it to a very well done military movie like Blackhawk Down. Very nice sounds and visuals like muzzleflashes and they're probably not that realistic at all, but you FEEL that it's immersive and realistic. It's another thing to analyze it afterwards, over and over again. Then you can talk about what's realistic and not. But the content of it all is that you ejoyed it and what I believe, that's the most important thing. :cool:

Excellent post there Sam75. That video shows proof right there (daylight hours). I do luv the effects on all the vehicles but the small arms muzzle flashes is a "no go" for me. There are some, like myself that do want some realism even though this is a game/simulation.

You are correct this addon was never about realism.

Id say this mod is more about whats far better vs whats actually pretty crap :)

That video is really nice, and as said those cannon sounds you should wrap up in a modular pbo and release as a cannon sound add-on :)

Id say this mod is more about whats far better vs whats actually pretty crap :)

So right, so right... If they (BI's) or other modders Can't make a mod wich only stands for realism, wich also looks very good and trustworthy then I'll rather stick to a hollywood-realistic experience....

Think it adds a ton of realism.

If you go back to basic ArmA2 and fire a high powered round , it looks more like a paint ball splatter rather than a high velocity bullet impact.

Explosions are well done IMO...maybe not perfect yet but a hell of a lot more "realistic" than those in ArmA2.

Don't get too carried away with the "realism" thingie in ArmA. After all , when a rifleman can hop into a chopper , fly around then climb into an A-10 I think "realism" has gone out the door.

@OpticalSnare: that last video of the shell casings and muzzle flashes is impressive. I am not in the position to say whether or not it resembles reality but it looks AMAZING.

Just the thing I was thinking about a couple days ago. You got some talent (you don't need me telling you that but anyway, there it goes :))

After all , when a rifleman can hop into a chopper , fly around then climb into an A-10 I think "realism" has gone out the door.
Hahaha, funny shit. :) I agree. And you just pop in and pop out like with a fictional teleport thing. Theres not much realism in it after all.

Think it adds a ton of realism.

If you go back to basic ArmA2 and fire a high powered round , it looks more like a paint ball splatter rather than a high velocity bullet impact.

Explosions are well done IMO...maybe not perfect yet but a hell of a lot more "realistic" than those in ArmA2.

Don't get too carried away with the "realism" thingie in ArmA. After all , when a rifleman can hop into a chopper , fly around then climb into an A-10 I think "realism" has gone out the door.

Thats a very good point Beerhunter, people expect a total sim, I think that would be unattractive.

Counter-measures/realistic reload animations for each weapon/ weapon jams, vehicle performance/weapons/interfaces are the only things I think that need to be refined and added.

:)