Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

^^ Yes. Loading FX first and then all the other addons will mean that if those other addons have FX as well they might overwrite the first one.

The mods loaded first are being overwritten by the following addons.

@WarFX;@OtherFX;@YetOtherFX

OtherFX will overwrite WarFX and YetOtherFX will overwrite WarFX plus OtherFX. However sometimes they wont depending on how the addons are built i guess.

@Alex, that's what I thought, which is why putting WarFX before ACE and ACEX doesn't make any sense to me even though OBVIOUSLY the blocky smoke will disappear because WARFX DISAPPEARED! hahahah!

Yup. I load WarFX after everything else and i have no blocky smoke.

@Alex , did you try running WarFX with GL4? That's where the blocky smoke is from actually.

I get blocky smoke occasionally, and I don't use GL4, so... ^^

@INKO... oh... I think you can also get it if you run WarFX with JTD... not too sure on that one... I run with both JTD and GL4 and I get blocky all the time now but I got used to it..hehehehe

JTD won't conflict with anything, as it's entirely 100% new effects layered over everything else, it doesn't change existing effects.

Well, I don't use JTD either. Just using WarFX and CBA I still occasionally get blocky smoke. No idea what the reason is.

Well, I don't use JTD either. Just using WarFX and CBA I still occasionally get blocky smoke. No idea what the reason is.

I tried to answer that question. It comes from custom particles.

I've modified the config files and got rid of blocky smoke definitely.

The solution lies in the hands of Opticalsnare.

Mando flares + flare smoke is also affected. This is the only thing that look weird to me when using WarFX. The smoke have edges (blocky i guess) and the flares themselves have graphics in the edges (the flare glow image is showing in the edges) so they look like 20 boxes overlapping eachother all around.

I tried to answer that question. It comes from custom particles.

I've modified the config files and got rid of blocky smoke definitely.

The solution lies in the hands of Opticalsnare.

I cant fix something that inst broken on my end. :j:

I will try my best to look into the problem for next version ie 1.4 but atm i am serously tied up with other mod work.

Edited by Opticalsnare

I cant fix something that inst broken on my end. :j:

Actually reverting the WarFX/particles to vanilla doesn't affect visual quality overall and allow your mod to be compatible with others.

WarFX alone doesn't produce blocky edge, it's when you mix it with other addons, as different users have reported.

Edit : there must be another way to solve that, I only report my workaround.

Edited by NikoTeen

Well thats good to say, but for the next version its not going to be so easy as all the particle-effect textures and paths are all going to be linked to custom ones which makes the vanilla univerisal texture completly redundant in 1.4

Mando flares + flare smoke is also affected. This is the only thing that look weird to me when using WarFX. The smoke have edges (blocky i guess) and the flares themselves have graphics in the edges (the flare glow image is showing in the edges) so they look like 20 boxes overlapping eachother all around.

I've got this too. Everything used to be fine, but as of recent ACE updates it seems worse. Blocky vapor trails, flares, smoke etc

It's really odd because it used to be great and I've tried moving mod priority around and all, and it's also sad because i love these FX :(

hey im new to playing with addons and i was wondering where i can read about installing it and what to write in the shortcut? to play with it

hey im new to playing with addons and i was wondering where i can read about installing it and what to write in the shortcut? to play with it

Hey there! Have a look HERE

I suggest you try the modfolder way for various reasons. For one thing, it helps when narrowing down conflicts between addons/mods, not to mention keeps things tidy. :)

My friend... The best advice is to explore the world wide web....

As you said you have to add a line to your Arma2 shortcut.

Either:

-mod=@WarFXParticles

or

;@WarFXParticles depending if you have other mods that you want to run.

Just read the readme, but my mind is telling me that you were drunk when you asked you question.. :yay:

My friend... The best advice is to explore the world wide web....

As you said you have to add a line to your Arma2 shortcut.

Either:

-mod=@WarFXParticles

or

;@WarFXParticles depending if you have other mods that you want to run.

Just read the readme, but my mind is telling me that you were drunk when you asked you question.. :yay:

hey thanks for the help, i didn't quite see a read me? i pretty much get it now but whats the happy holidays folder for? where does that go if its anything?

The happy holidays is a mission (that's not a pbo) this should be placed in your profile folder (folder is you in game folder name) under documents and the "missions" folder.

This then loads via the editor (on the island Utes), its a test mission and was just on top of Christmas, its lots of fireworks :)

Hehe i forgot about adding that.

But anyway things are going good i spent a good day today and most of last week after work hours working on the mods i thought about adding some kinda donation thing as im finding it extremly hard going sometimes, im sure those who pay bills and have to work fulltime and manage their homes understand.

Anyway the weapon FX ie (muzzleflashes) are almost finished and changes to the main body of the particles and sound mod are almost ready to be released.

I give a rough eta of another week or two to allow myself time to conquer off any issues and too really finish off the effects and everythign else to be released, il make another thread about the muzzleflashes & soundmod as its not part of the particles mod but more or less part of the warfx package. Anyway thats my main report for the weekend. ;)

Edited by Opticalsnare

Found this error in Arma2.rpt

warfxpe\particleeffects\config.cpp/WeaponFireGun.size: Cannot update non array from array

warfxpe\particleeffects\config.cpp/WeaponCloudsGun.size: Cannot update non array from array